GDT: Free Agent... Frenzy? aka "Let's get some guys to help Celebrini maybe" | Coverage on NHL Network, TSN, Sportsnet

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

YUPPY 2 7 10 11

Oct 5, 2020
NJD and Nashville are on a shopping spree. I thought Utah would be more aggressive to sign more free agents. Anthony Duclair is now an Islanders.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
I don't mind the quiet from the Sharks. We know Big Money Mike is cooking, so even if nothing is happening, it's not for a lack of trying. (And also a conscious decision not to waste money today)

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
I don't mind the quiet from the Sharks. We know Big Money Mike is cooking, so even if nothing is happening, it's not for a lack of trying. (And also a conscious decision not to waste money today)
Yeah, the Sharks' lineup/situation is such that (with the possible return of Couture) I was going to be happy with one top six forward (ideally a scoring winger) and one RD. Getting someone who fits the first half of that ask so perfectly feels like a major win, especially considering how hard it was for DW to get anyone that good to come to San Jose as a UFA.

RD was always going to be tough because it's such a premium position where guys are going to get massive contracts if they're at all appealing--so why would such a guy willingly go to the Sharks when they're going to get overpaid even by more competitive teams? So a trade has felt like the most likely scenario there and that remains the case. We don't need a world-beater at RD, just some level of cromulence that would allow Rutta/Benning to be the 3rd pairing/extra guy instead of both being relied upon. (In my world Emberson is a regular.)

Reactions: ChompChomp

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
Seattle gonna continue to Seattle and give out insane term to above average players. Going to do their best to just middle of the pack it forever.
Well Dwill Jr is there’s so there’s that

IMG_0068.jpeg

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
I think we have one more move in the burner, we need a vet RHD that can play top four.

I dont know if there is one left in UFA, so maybe a trade.
There is something else there for sure. Sharks twitter account has not tweeted out the signing of Toffoli yet, so makes me think they're still working on some other stuff to send out at once like they have in past years.

Reactions: Baysick

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
I feel like MG is cooking a trade for defensive needs, just doesn't make sense that there is not single news about acquiring defence at this point of the free agency.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
My god TSN. Surely you have the budget for a better championship belt than that basic-ass nonsense. I've seen Youtube channels with better custom title belts than that and they don't have high end Telecom money to play with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad