GDT: Free Agency Frenzy (July 1st @ 12pm ET)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How would you grade GMBM off-season so far?

• A

Votes: 71 84.5%
  • B

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • C

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • D

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kolzilla

Sponsor
May 20, 2015
So, if we sign Roy, how do we think we'll get under the 96 mil limit for LTIR overage limit? One of Jensen/TVR, something else?

Edit - spelling.

Kalopsia

Sponsor
Jun 25, 2018
I think Evolving Hockey had CMM at 2x$2.3, TEB mentioned it here but nothing at monumental is loading
AFPAnalytics projected him for 2x2.28M if he took a short term deal or 6x4.40M if he took a long term deal. I guess we shouldn't be too surprised by the contract.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
So, if we sign Roy, how do we think we'll get under the 96 mil limit for LTIR overage limit? One of Jensen/TVR, something else?

Edit - spelling.
Well right now we have 7 NHL defensemen including Bear. 4 of those on the right. So we need to move one of three (Bear, Jensen, TVR) out on right side.

Kalopsia

Sponsor
Jun 25, 2018
What is Roys projected contract?
5x5.8M

Nashville gets both Marchessault and Stamkos. Friedman linked Stamkos to Nashville but didn't actually link a particular team to Marchessault, so by my count that now takes him to 10/10.

Martinook re-signing in Carolina is Friedman's first official miss (he had Chicago), but Columbus was one of his picks for Monahan, so now 11/12.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Do you prefer to move Jensen or do you think it is just more likely given some political issues like relationship with Dowd and perhaps salary being a million less.
I’d prefer to move TvR. Think Jensen is a bit better defensively and I like his work on the blue line in the D zone. TvR doesn’t do anything poorly but he’s not above average at anything either. I still like him as a player but I’d rather bank on a Jensen rebound than give that spot to TvR.

That said, if someone wants to pay up for Jensen then I wouldn’t be devastated about losing him and keeping TvR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad