GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
I mean I disagree we have no assets. If the right target is out there, we have assets.

Also Trouba will be gone by next offseason, if he ends up not being moved out sooner than that.

I am not as doom and gloom like many overreacting. Defense is my main concern given the lack of depth in the pipeline, but again its July 1st.

I understand that but no matter what we do to the forward corps we are still trotting out the same d.

Trouba isn’t going to be moved now. It’s over drury lost. Trouba will be her till after the contract bc no way will we trade him if we are still a cup contender. Also lindgren wants a long term deals, we want a short team, 3 years sound right. Key will get paid based on nothing. This is what I see happening. I hope I’m wrong but this is the most likely outcome for the next few years

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Not saying it has, it's more to counter that these actions are "new" when they have been occurring within this organization for the past 20 years and it's just as bad in other organizations. It's the nature of the hard salary cap and why it's terrible.
Citing something from 15 years ago it's really current.

Teams don't put their captain on waivers very often do they?

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I don’t share the same hatred of Trouba some are expressing. As I said in another post, the Rangers game him a clause as part of his contract and he’s exercising it. That’s his right. Would I love if he was moved and that money used to improve other areas of the team? Absolutely, as much as anyone, but to me the organization put themselves in this mess.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I understand that but no matter what we do to the forward corps we are still trotting out the same d.

Trouba isn’t going to be moved now. It’s over drury lost. Trouba will be her till after the contract bc no way will we trade him if we are still a cup contender. Also lindgren wants a long term deals, we want a short team, 3 years sound right. Key will get paid based on nothing. This is what I see happening. I hope I’m wrong but this is the most likely outcome for the next few years
Trouba will not be here past this year. He will never make it the 2 years. At the very least they will buy him out next year. They also won't sign Lindgren long term.

Reactions: RGY

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Not trying to be doom and gloom, I’m literally just saying my opinion of what the outcome of this offseason is going to be.

Trouba can axe any trade and will, he will do the same 15 trade list next year and we won’t move him at the deadline bc it’s not what we do.

Lindgren will be here. Not sure how he isn’t, there isn’t anything else out there that you can bring in right now that you can definitely say will be better.

It’s sucks but it is what it is.
And f*** buying him out next year. What a waste of cap space for future years… just let the contract run out and take the 8m cap credit

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Citing something from 15 years ago it's really current.

Teams don't put their captain on waivers very often do they?

They did when they were trying to buyout Drury, who was the captain at the time in 2011. He retired 2 months later.

Also was not saying they had to put Trouba on waivers, was pointing out that a half dozen times in the last 20 years this team has bought out a player to tried to send them packing because they weren't living up to their contracts.

This isn't something that just started with Drury, it's been something going on through different regimes

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Trouba, if he comes back, will be pissed and play with a chip on his shoulder. I still see him as a decent 3rd pairing option without the injury. Just have to tell Lavy don't play him on the 2nd pairing and they will be ok.

Reactions: Jack Hanson

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC

Ah the “hope I’m wrong” out. Negative negative negative everything sucks. Hope I’m wrong.

Reactions: Barnaby

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
It’s still a limited no trade and he has no power to veto a trade to anyone not on his list, I’d call the team not on that list I think he’d hate the most and proceed to attach and retain what was needed to ship his ass out the door

Know your role and shut your mouth, bye bye

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Not trying to be doom and gloom, I’m literally just saying my opinion of what the outcome of this offseason is going to be.

Trouba can axe any trade and will, he will do the same 15 trade list next year and we won’t move him at the deadline bc it’s not what we do.

Lindgren will be here. Not sure how he isn’t, there isn’t anything else out there that you can bring in right now that you can definitely say will be better.

And f*** buying him out next year. What a waste of cap space for future years… just let the contract run out and take the 8m cap credit
What do you mean its not what we do? Lol. We just placed Goodrow on waivers. I think its clear the Rangers were very much looking to moving on from Trouba, coming off another ECF visit. What would being a cup contender change for next offseason? He is gone after this year.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

Trouba can do nothing if one of the other 16 teams not on his list wants to trade. That is still a slight possibility I would think.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Brooks hinted that Trouba/Troubas agent are threatening other teams that he won’t show up to play for them basically giving him a full no trade clause

Trouba can do nothing if one of the other 16 teams not on his list wants to trade. That is still a slight possibility I would think.
Brooks basically said trouba is telling these teams he won’t play for them

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Brooks hinted that Trouba/Troubas agent are threatening other teams that he won’t show up to play for them basically giving him a full no trade clause

Brooks basically said trouba is telling these teams he won’t play for them
if we're lucky the Rangers are one of those teams he'll refuse to play for

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Brooks article is written as if Drury is having a tantrum and is going to bully trouba into accepting leaving. Drury is a narcissist, he isn't use to not getting his way. This will be interesting.

Also this line from Brooks is 100 percent accurate and anyone that even suggests reily smith is a better piece than the names he listed as the piece to help this team take the next step then you're lying to yourself. They missed even on the tier two names and they ended up wasting more picks on a tier 3 option...

"Not one of them, whether Tyler Bertuzzi, Jake DeBrusk, Jonathan Marchessault or Tyler Toffoli would have made the difference against the Panthers and that is the only gauge by which management should be evaluating potential additions."

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
He won't accept a trade to a team even on his list?

So he'll void his contract? But I guess we're gonna give him his way?

I guess we're just f***ed and have to essentially give him a full NMC because of his wife?

I guess his family is more important than any other player who has been traded in pro sports

Trouba has cried his way into a 30 team NMC despite that not being in his contract.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Idk how this stuff works or like what rules are possibly being violated but it seemed like brooks was hinting at trouba refusing to play
People underestimated when I and a couple others were stressing how much trouba and his family want NYC.

Trouba and Kurt have a history of being very stubborn and eventually getting their way...shruggs

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Complete clown show and while Trouba is being a bitch it’s not his fault NYR are idiots and waited so many years to start alienating him. He didn’t start sucking yesterday. Why did they have to let him nuke 2 conference finals runs
He won't accept a trade to a team even on his list?

So he'll void his contract? But I guess we're gonna give him his way?
I think his agent can basically alert teams of the impending shit show he will cause upon trade to just scare them away from even trying it

Jack Hanson

Oct 5, 2023
What do you mean its not what we do? Lol. We just placed Goodrow on waivers. I think its clear the Rangers were very much looking to moving on from Trouba, coming off another ECF visit. What would being a cup contender change for next offseason? He is gone after this year.
Theres a reason we placed Goodrow on waivers. He was marketable. He kicked ass in the playoffs and someone was willing to take over his contract, overvalued as many think.

With Trouba its the opposite, he sucked in the playoffs, so unlikely anyone is willing to take over his contract in full. If we retain 2.5mm maybe but not sure you can retain on waivers.

But maybe Jake was injured and maybe thats why he sucked. Hes a good leader, loves his family, maybe he can bounce back.. I would like it if we could trade him but sometimes as the rolling stones say you cant always get what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad