GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Would any of you be interested in Tarasenko at 2 x $3? Reilly Smith can play LW on the 3rd line. Or you can really blend it up by finally separating Kreider and Zib. More likely it would be;

Panarin-Troch-Laf
Kreider-Zib-Tarasenko
Smith-Chytil-Kakko
Cuylle-Carrick-Vesey
Rempe/Edstrom

I guess but still won’t make a difference with the same defense which is what we will be trotting out there bc we have no other options at this point lol. This team is capped out at the Eastern conference finals.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
One thing I've learned from listening to tons of NHL and former NHL player interviews on various different podcasts is they really don't see their teammates at all how we see them. They don't look around the locker room and think "you know if we could just remove that guy's $6.5 mil of cap space and spend $3 mil on player X and another $3 mil on player Y we'd be in a much better position." All they care about is 1. does this player work hard and 2. is this player going to have my back when the time comes. I think for all his faults Trouba definitely satisfies both those criteria. So go ahead and trade him, that's fine. But it's really not that hard to do it in a professional manner.
OR he's gonna stay and be welcomed back by his teammates into the room that he's led for a couple of years now.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Just trade Lindgren. That should be an easy ask. If there no interest than that tells you the value of the player you’re about to sign and should make you second guess that decision.

Kylington and Vakaneinen are still out there. Sign both.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I mean, hasn't this been the Rangers theme in the cap era? Redden, Gomez, Richard's, Goodrow, now Trouba. Hell even Drury himself. The Rangers were going to buy him out but then he came down with that injury that sidelined him for an entire season before he was officially bought out.
It's really been working out...

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I guess but still won’t make a difference with the same defense which is what we will be trotting out there bc we have no other options at this point lol. This team is capped out at the Eastern conference finals.
Sign a veteran depth D to jump in for Jones when needed. Revisit the needs at the deadline. But at least this deadline you likely are only looking for Top 4 DMan with the main Top 9 forwards taken care of, barring injuries. Even then they have a lot of young forwards on the cusp of pushing for NHL minutes. So at the deadline you are only looking at needing a Top 4 D.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
Just trade Lindgren. That should be an easy ask. If there no interest than that tells you the value of the player you’re about to sign and should make you second guess that decision.

Kylington and Vakaneinen are still out there. Sign both.
youve been saying this all day. vaakanainen got resigned buddy. he's still a duck.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
f*** this site,

Let’s come to terms here, trouba will be here for the remainder of his contract. Lindy will be resigned for 2 years bc there are no other options available to sign and nobody wants Lindy. We will continue to trade all our picks for marginal players who will help us get our asses handed to us by a better team in the eastern conference finals. Others teams will get better and we will rebuild around fox, laffy and trocheck. Welcome to the next 3 years of our lives As rangers fans.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Sign a veteran depth D to jump in for Jones when needed. Revisit the needs at the deadline. But at least this deadline you likely are only looking for Top 4 DMan with the main Top 9 forwards taken care of, barring injuries. Even then they have a lot of young forwards on the cusp of pushing for NHL minutes. So at the deadline you are only looking at needing a Top 4 D.

Except that they wont, we will have Lindy and trouba locked up for 2 years and they will play top 4 minutes, and what assets do we even have for a top 4 defenseman lol? They all gone

Evander kane to ltir obviously.

Cody Ceci is a bottom paring defender, the other two kulak and McLoud are 4th line scrubs,

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
f*** this site,

Let’s come to terms here, trouba will be here for the remainder of his contract. Lindy will be resigned for 2 years bc there are no other options available to sign and nobody wants Lindy. We will continue to trade all our picks for marginal players who will help us get our asses handed to us by a better team in the eastern conference finals. Others teams will get better and we will rebuild around fox, laffy and trocheck. Welcome to the next 3 years of our lives As rangers fans.
The sad truth is, they made this bed and were too stupid to realize how it was obviously gonna end when they did so.

This team wasn’t good enough, isn’t good enough, and now there is no realistic avenue to becoming good enough. Because every gamble we could take to get there, you’ve got twelve geezers complaining that they can’t spend their last decade not at least being entertained by second round playoff losses.

Can’t trade Kreider. Can’t trade Mika. Can’t. Can’t. Can’t. Next it’s can’t trade Igor.

No, you can. You just don’t want to take the temporary and mandatory step back to be able to take three steps forward.

At least Drury didn’t dig this hole any deeper today but it’s probably because he can’t, not because he didn’t want to.

They need to do something drastic, and they didn’t even have the wherewithal to get Trouba out of here.

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
Is she the only wife in the history of the NHL to have a career? I’ve just never heard of such a thing, he has a contract that changes to a limited no trade but now he can’t be traded anywhere because of her?

You’re telling me that now we have to honor stuff not in a contract because it makes us dignified or some shit? lol

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
It doesn’t mean “nothing,” but at the same time, it doesn’t mean nearly enough.

This idea that we made the final four and so we should just keep being ok with that because maybe someday Lightning will strike is the epitome of foolishness.

When you are at where we are at, the hard work is just beginning. Now you’ve gotta do the heavy lifting of turning yourself from a playoff team into a Cup winning team.

It involves more than just saying “we were close, and we can’t risk not being close, so we will just see everyone back here next year to try again.”
But they are not doing that. They are trying to change the roster. They signed 2 guys today. They traded Goodrow and were looking to trade Trouba. Wennberg and Roslovic won't be back either, maybe even Lindgren. Jones will likely play and guys like Edstrom, Rempe, Berard, and Othmann will fight for maybe 2 spots. The roster will have a 30% turnover.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Except that they wont, we will have Lindy and trouba locked up for 2 years and they will play top 4 minutes, and what assets do we even have for a top 4 defenseman lol? They all gone

Evander kane to ltir obviously.

Cody Ceci is a bottom paring defender, the other two kulak and McLoud are 4th line scrubs,
I mean I disagree we have no assets. If the right target is out there, we have assets.

Also Trouba will be gone by next offseason, if he ends up not being moved out sooner than that.

I am not as doom and gloom like many overreacting. Defense is my main concern given the lack of depth in the pipeline, but again its July 1st.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I mean I disagree we have no assets. If the right target is out there, we have assets.

Also Trouba will be gone by next offseason, if he ends up not being moved out sooner than that.

I am not as doom and gloom like many overreacting. Defense is my main concern given the lack of depth in the pipeline, but again its July 1st.
Finally a voice of reason in a sea of misery.

Reactions: Barnaby
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad