GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
This is why I suggested buying out Trouba last night if they didn't have a certain deal in place. A buy out is the least appealing of the three options (trade, waivers, buy out) but it was the only thing that we could control, that would give us any certainty coming into today.

With that said I don't think we were giving term to anyone today. Not with big dollars attached, anyway. I think the team is operating with an eye towards next off-season.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Pretty obvious NYR forecasts Igor , Laf , Miller resigns and can’t add more money to next year

I just think they're getting ahead of themselves a bit on that front. If NYR bombs out again next season you need to strongly consider a retool or rebuild.

If Drury is trying to create a team that competes for the next decade, not just the nest 2 years, we should probably stop trading away half of our draft selections from rounds 2-4 rather than just limit long term contracts for veteran players.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
If Drury is trying to create a team that competes for the next decade, not just the nest 2 years, we should probably stop trading away half of our draft selections from rounds 2-4 rather than just limit long term contracts for veteran players
It’s very clear at this point that Drury doesn’t care about that far out (and rightly so) If he doesn’t win in the next 3 years, he probably doesn’t have a job anyway

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
This is why I suggested buying out Trouba last night if they didn't have a certain deal in place. A buy out is the least appealing of the three options (trade, waivers, buy out) but it was the only thing that we could control, that would give us any certainty coming into today.

With that said I don't think we were giving term to anyone today. Not with big dollars attached, anyway. I think the team is operating with an eye towards next off-season.

But doesn’t he know he has that in his back pocket as last resort? If it’s truly done with Trouba here, and say he has to buy him out the worst case is 4 million saved.

The second buyout window can be used as long as Lindgren just files for arbitration, they don’t even need to go to arbitration to get the second buyout window open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad