GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
And that's why we aren't spending today. Laf gets at least that for next year.

This. Also laf might get more depending on how the season goes. 8x8 + we need room for whatever Igor gets.

That's Troubas and Breads cap hit. No, Bread won't be here after next summer unless we trade Igor.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Maybe we can get Jeff "Ya Sam, the word around the league is he's a bit of a diva and a bitch" Skinner for a CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP deal if he wants to get the NYR experience after making $1.65B with the Sabres

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Is anyone else surprised Drury didn't sign 2 d-men, even as depth guys, today? Even if Jones is to play every night, they don't have NHL depth
The offseason is far from over. Still options out there.
I will never understand 8 year deals out of the ELC.

$23M for Slaf, Suzuki, and Caufield until the end of time. That's a very nice 2nd line.
The alternative is to sign him to a bridge, which won't be cheap either, and then pay him even more two years later.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I will never understand 8 year deals out of the ELC.

$23M for Slaf, Suzuki, and Caufield until the end of time. That's a very nice 2nd line.

I think it's mostly they're scared to give them even bigger contracts if they smash would-be bridge deals. But you'd have to have a whole ton of confidence in them to be giving out max term straight after ELCs.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
You would have been livid if they gave Laf that contract last offseason.
There's never surplus value in these things. You're hoping to get a good cap hit years 4-7 years down the line instead of just definitely getting a great cap hit the next couple years of their bridge.

Any detractors should ask Ottawa how awesome those Chabot and Norris extensions are working for them.

Reactions: Barnaby

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
IMG_6918.jpeg

What Drury reads to get ready for Free Agency.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I think it's mostly they're scared to give them even bigger contracts if they smash would-be bridge deals. But you'd have to have a whole ton of confidence in them to be giving out max term straight after ELCs.
I'd love to give someone a huge contract out of a bridge deal, that means they played awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad