Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
Greig is a perfect fit as a guy who should ideally be a winger when everyone is healthy, but can step in if Norris gets injured again.

Don't see any reason to consider trading him, unless some team is willing to overpay big time.
Yeah, there is no reason for us to be considering trading either one of Greig or Pinto.
Their value to the team is just going to continue to increase.

Reactions: SensontheRush

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I think guys here are over thinking this.

I kinda view players as mostly assets or liabilities, and that's influence by contract because of the cap.

Greig and Pinto are definitely assets. The only real potential heavy liability up front might be Perron if he declines significantly. But even if he is a 35 point hard nosed 3rd line vet, he's not a huge liability

Our big liability is Chabot.

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Well then odds are he will a DEFInITELY be asking for a trade because the odds of us are winning are incredibly low. Canadian team hasn’ t won in 30 + years
Right, because we are Canadian we somehow have significantly lower odds. I don't really buy it other than a small disadvantage due to the UFA variable. Good thing for us, we're built through the draft and won't be relying as much on attracting UFA's.

Try this logic though- if you make the finals, winning the cup becomes a coin toss. Agree? Since 2000 five Canadian teams have made the finals, which is one every 5 years, or 20% of the time. During that time Canadian franchises have made up 20% of the league. So Canadian franchises are batting exactly what they should be, we just arent winning the coin flip in the finals.

As for Greig, he won't be asking for a trade as an RFA if he is playing wing, thats a big conclusion to jump to. Anyway, dumb argument. We have centre depth and yes, I agree that at some point we may be using a centreman as trade bait (emphasis on may be). I just don't think we should be in any rush to do that.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I said number 1 centers moving over to wing in their prime is not common. Because I was responding to a post that implied we can have all 4 of stutzle moves over to wing.

Right. So. If he blows up. Will have to deal one. Likely.

If he doesn’t blow up. We got a ok to good maybe winger slash center. And might not be worth much in a trade.

Which is what brings me to my point now. Now I’m maybe in veeerrrry wrong and his value is not that high around the league (I do think that maybe we the fans like Greig way more than the rest of the league does)

But. Swapping Greig in the next couple seasons for a solid young d man to replace chabot in the next couple years…. It’s. A play
4 Stutzles all on the same team and all wingers would be even more interesting than the three Plager brothers who played for the Blues.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
No, you expressed how dumb an idea it was and just ran on with your opinion. Now you are discussing it, but still not without tossing around insults.
What insult?
Hope that offends your sensabilities you big meanie!
Huh? I take it this is a joke?

But yes, to reinforce it. Personally, I think it would be dumb to trade one of our top 3 C.

Maybe there is an amazing deal out there, but to suggest we need to evaluate a trade, just because, seems I'll conceived to me.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Remember when he signed Zub to a 2 year deal, walking him to UFA , because he thought Thomson and JBD would be top 4 D by then and could replace an obviously over-the-hill Zub at 28 years of age :laugh:

Still blows my mind to this day.
This is such an underrated part of the GMPD lore.

All the more incredible when they didn't play Zub for 7 or 8 games because Zaitsev was such a good D.

The first game Zub played it was obvious he was one of our best D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad