Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
We haven’t even played a single game yet and I’m hearing that Staios is the greatest GM in team history and our goaltending problems are over for five years.

I think people are nuts, personally.
the goaltending and bottom pair are huge concerns and has been all summer. I dont get the trust that people have had in Forsberg.

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

Stutzlaaaa

Dec 18, 2021
Let's say this season we come close to playoff but we don't make it and Oilers shit on the bed this year and finish bottom 10 . Are you guys open to offer center swap aka Norris ++ vs Draisaitl ? In this scenario Norris had a decent full year with 30G and Oilers want to do big shake up to win Stanley cup with MCD. Probably the ++ has to be some picks and good young or roster player. Money wise it should be good with some tweaks.

• Haha
Reactions: xVolchenkov

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Let's say this season we come close to playoff but we don't make it and Oilers shit on the bed this year and finish bottom 10 . Are you guys open to offer center swap aka Norris ++ vs Draisaitl ? In this scenario Norris had a decent full year with 30G and Oilers want to do big shake up to win Stanley cup with MCD. Probably the ++ has to be some picks and good young or roster player. Money wise it should be good with some tweaks.
i dont think we want to know what the plus would be to get draisaitl

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

I would do it if we could convince them to include McDavid maybe for Pinto+? Only if he can extended though. I wouldn't want to risk trading Pinto for only a year if McDavid and Draisaitl. I could see Pinto being a perpetual 50 point player for us so that's a lot to give up.

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
It wouldn't surprise me if we trade Anaheim a late pick for Reimer and bury Forsberg.

The earliest timeline puts Gibson back this week. It would be similar to Pittsburgh claiming Condon to cover a short term injury, and recognizing that they had the leverage to get a pick from him instead of waiving him.

We could bury Forsberg and get enough back to cover Reimer.

Some sort of kill two birds with one stone type trade where we send San Jose or another team a draft pick to both take Forsberg and send us a D.

If you're San Jose and you can get a 3rd for Forsberg while also sending Ceci or Rutta back to Ottawa, that's a pretty tidy bit of work. Get a 3rd to take Ceci in the summer and then dump the contract for a cheaper (real money) contract and get another 3rd. They may be able to get a similar return for him at the deadline, but without their retention spot its never guaranteed.

As far as Ullmark and Forsberg goes, I doubt Ullmark is going to be upset at the team for moving a player he is friendly with when the player did not live up to their end of things. It would be different if the Sens never gave him a chance or did him dirty in some way. He has a bad preseason and was still given a chance to start in the regular season, where he delivered a very bad performance that reinforced what we saw in the preseason. He can be friends with James Reimer.

If I recall, Hamonic had a lingering injury problem and may not have qualified to be bought out.
Was thinking exactly that,

Instead of going to SanJose for a Dman we can just get Dumoulin from Anaheim.

Forsberg + 3rd + 5th for Dumoulin + Reimer
All the contracts expire at the end of the season.

Anaheim spends less actual $ and gets picks, we get a serviceable Dman and a better backup.
Rotate JBD/Kleven/Hamonic for the other bottom 6 spot

They will likely give Forsberg a few more games, but i'd like to see something like this done before the end of November if he does not shape up.

Reactions: senswon
Oct 10, 2010

Anaheim spends less actual $ and gets picks, we get a serviceable Dman and a better backup.

They will likely give Forsberg a few more games, but i'd like to see something like this done before the end of November if he does not shape up.
Could very well be out of it by end of NOV.

Gotta strike soon now isn’t the time to remain patient, especially when this team hasn’t made the playoffs for so long

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Aaron Dell
Keith Kinkaid
Martin Jones

These appear to be the 'top' guys left unsigned on cap wages.com, lol truly will be scraping the bottom of the barrel if Forsberg or Sogaard can't get their shit together

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

I am not sure Anaheim would want to give up Dumoulin, because their defense is very thin at the top end. If they did, it is a reasonable idea.

In that sort of trade, I could see JBD going to Anaheim. We do need the depth with Zub hurt, but it seems like he is the odd man out here, and I would wonder how far above our top few D in Belleville he is considered.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I am going to guess something like JBD+AHLer and a late pick for Reimer+Vaakanainen.

It's basically a JBD for Vaakanainen swap, and a pick for Reimer, with a body going back to fill out the cap. It seems clear JBD has one foot out the door here. Vaakanainen may not play much either, it's a change of scenery type swap.

That's 2.1M in and 1.6M (JBD traded, Sogaard buried) out. That means we would either have to go with a 22 player roster, or place Ullmark on LTIR. When Ullmark returns, we should be able to bury Forsberg and become compliant (Forsberg buried+JBD is 1.95M, and we have 300k of cap space for a total of 2.2M to cover the 2.1 coming in).

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I am going to guess something like JBD+AHLer and a late pick for Reimer+Vaakanainen.

It's basically a JBD for Vaakanainen swap, and a pick for Reimer, with a body going back to fill out the cap. It seems clear JBD has one foot out the door here. Vaakanainen may not play much either, it's a change of scenery type swap.

That's 2.1M in and 1.6M (JBD traded, Sogaard buried) out. That means we would either have to go with a 22 player roster, or place Ullmark on LTIR. When Ullmark returns, we should be able to bury Forsberg and become compliant (Forsberg buried+JBD is 1.95M, and we have 300k of cap space for a total of 2.2M to cover the 2.1 coming in).
Rather just stick with JBD, RHD are harder to come by, and he's serviceable in the bottom pair and young enough that he might still amount to something.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Why not? We already have Perron, Cousins and Travis Green. Likeability doesn't seem to be an issue for the Front Office.
Not that I think that Aaron Dell is the solution to our issues, but if Zub and Perron can work out a cross-check to the face, Dell and Bath can play nice as well.

Same goes for B Lemieux, a little more bite to our game wouldn't hurt

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Do you guys think we will get Karlsson back before or at the deadline when it's apparent the Penguins aren't in the playoff race?

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Tony DeAngelo?
13 points in 8 games playing in the KHL.
Right shot dman. I know he has issues.
He would have been an interesting PTO?

Last edited:

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Draisaitl just re-signed for eight years, and has a full NMC (on this last year of his old deal as well). Edmonton wouldn't even think about trading him even if they could, which they cannot. You do not trade a star for multiple lesser pieces either, it just does not work.

It also needs to be mentioned, that if for some reason such a deal were possible, and if the goal were to try and get a Cup while McDavid is there, "some picks and good young or roster player" wouldn't cut it, because trading a star for that makes winning less likely not more likely. You'd be talking about elite players going back the other way, as that is the only thing that might increase their chances, and is enough to cover the value of a star player signed longterm. That means at least one of Sanderson, Stützle or Tkackuk, and then quite a bit on top of that, not Norris as the main bit. Otherwise they would just do what any sane team would do: keep their star and shuffle the lesser pieces of the roster.

That doesn't even cover that McDavid is up for a new contract soon and would very likely be extremely displeased if you traded his best friend who also happens to be one of the best players in the world. In all likelyhood, such a trade would make sure that McDavid leaves the year after at the latest.

The cost of acquring Draisaitl would just not be worth it for Ottawa. Nor would it make any sense for Edmonton to deal him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad