Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
My guess is that Brannstrom will be back in Europe as soon as this contract is over, never to be heard from again. Where's Balcers?

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
My guess is that Brannstrom will be back in Europe as soon as this contract is over, never to be heard from again. Where's Balcers?

Playing in the Swiss league with Zurich alongside former Senator Derek Grant and Leafs legend Denny Malgin. They won the league championship last season.

Brannstrom would be an excellent add for them.

And let’s no feel sorry for Branny. In Europe he’ll make a few hundred grand per year, get to live in a beautiful city, and only have to play a couple times per week. It’s a great life!

Reactions: aragorn

Mookie McGee

Mar 4, 2020
Imagine Proudest Day as a GM Guy traded a near point per game Cup winner for a guy ultimately dumped twice preseason, destined for Europe or the AHL.....and Proud boy somehow got another job in hockey.

Reactions: Icelevel

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Imagine Proudest Day as a GM Guy traded a near point per game Cup winner for a guy ultimately dumped twice preseason, destined for Europe or the AHL.....and Proud boy somehow got another job in hockey.
Almost impossible to imagine if I didn’t see it myself. Unfortunately

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Most knew he was always out to lunch while a small minority seemed to believe it was all the work of a mad genius that would all pay off down the line. I'm glad we don't have to live in fantasy land here anymore as if the last regime wasn't a total joke.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
My post pretty clearly described a player with no value.

I was pointing out that teams do sometimes value players more after they clear, but his 1 way deal makes it less likely he is moved.

What I see happening with him is that a team will have a streak of injuries and give up a 6th or 7th for him because they need someone who has played in the NHL. That's pretty much the minimum for that type of D.

The reason we couldn't get a late pick for him last year was likely his cap hit. Otherwise, we probably could have gotten a 6th or 7th.

Colorado giving him 1-way money shows that there was a certain level of interest in him. Otherwise, he would have been in PTO territory.

Reactions: Hale The Villain

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
brannstrom had a bad camp and its own fault.

but he played top 4 minutes for us and did it admiringly. often times looking better than an 8 million dollar chabot. and everyone who played with brannstrom also played better.

i really hope when injuries hit our injury prone d corp we have someone who was as effective as brannstrom was in that role. because that could be the difference between playoffs or not.

right now we have jbd, hamonic, and a rookie kleven which is awful insulation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad