Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Brannstrom is better than what kleven has showed this pre season. That for sure.

Brannstrom had an abysmal pre-season.

This is the scouting report:

He panics in his own zone, throws pucks up the middle for turnovers, contributes no offense and is softer than one ply toilet paper on Indian cuisine night.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Weird because that’s not how he played last year with us? Throwing pucks up the middle? Panicking in his own zone?

I’ll bet there was a lot of pressure to impress in Colorado, having no track record there, and maybe he didn’t rise to the occasion.

I think their record was 1-5 so a lot of guys aren’t going to look particularly good in that scenario.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Argh, I really wish Dorion had signed Branny to a two year deal similar to what Liljegren got when he signed for $1.4 million aav a few years ago. Would've let us keep a cheap and reliable bottom pairing defender.

Brannstrom would probably be on the roster if he didn't cost $2 million to stay in Ottawa and he's more proven than Kleven.

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
Argh, I really wish Dorion had signed Branny to a two year deal similar to what Liljegren got when he signed for $1.4 million aav a few years ago. Would've let us keep a cheap and reliable bottom pairing defender.

Brannstrom would probably be on the roster if he didn't cost $2 million to stay in Ottawa and he's more proven than Kleven.

Teams don’t want Brannstrom at league minimum. Why would you want him at 1.4M?

We could claim him today if we wanted to. But I doubt we, or any other team, does.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Teams don’t want Brannstrom at league minimum. Why would you want him at 1.4M?

We could claim him today if we wanted to. But I doubt we, or any other team, does.
I think the team just wanted to move on from him, but I'd rather have Brannstrom at 2 years $1.4 million aav starting instead of paying him $2 million last year which made his qualifying offer $2 million to keep him. It was an overpayment and poor asset management.

I'd like Brannstrom on the roster as insurance in case Kleven struggles or if we get injuries on our LD which doesn't have the best depth.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Brannstrom would actual be ideal as a LD that has experience playing the right side, as he could also act as insurance if Hamonic continues sucking and JBD doesn't improve, but I do suspect they'll opt for someone like Bolduc or Phillips.

Reactions: DrEasy and NB613

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Apropos to nothing - do teams/players know if they got claimed or won their claim before the 2pm deadline? Ie. are the waivers at 1pm but the list is released publicly 2pm? Something I’ve always wondered.

Reactions: NB613

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Well at least who they won’t.
D9-Xjqez-U4-AAe-Pjt.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad