Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Yakemchuk for McGroarty and a 3rd or a prospect... No need to trade a top 5 protected pick.

We seem to have some improved RD depth in the system now.
Matinpalo 6'3 207
Stanley 6'3 201
Guenette 6'3 196
Touré 6'7 203

Why are you trying to hurt aragorn?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Either way. I doubt yakelmchuk is available

It’s our first or we simply don’t acquire mcgroarty
Oh so now you want to sound rational .. I know it goes completely against the grain. But when you start throwing around top 5 protected 1sts .. and Yakemchuk's value was largely seen as outside the top 10.. the value is probably comparable.. I did add a 3rd or a prospect coming back as well.
I don't love Yakemchuk and I don't automagically love prospects just because we picked them.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Oh so now you want to sound rational .. I know it goes completely against the grain. But when you start throwing around top 5 protected 1sts .. and Yakemchuk's value was largely seen as outside the top 10.. the value is probably comparable.. I did add a 3rd or a prospect coming back as well.
I don't love Yakemchuk and I don't automagically love prospects just because we picked them.
What are you talking about. I don’t quite understand. But I will try to answer
1. We dont have the ability to protect our first because we dont have the year afters first
2. Where I have yalemchuks value is irrelevant. The sens value him quite high as they didn’t even expect him to be there at 7.
3. Whether you love yakemchuk or not has exactly no relevance to whether he is available or not. Sens management and scouts love him. So for that reason I doubt he is available.
4. When I say “it’s our first or nothing for McGroarty” isn’t me saying “let’s do that”. It’s me just stating that based on what we have left to trade. Which is just the first. And the inability to protect it

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
1. We dont have the ability to protect our first because we dont have the year afters first
2. Where I have yalemchuks value is irrelevant. The sens value him quite high as they didn’t even expect him to be there at 7.
3. Whether you love yakemchuk or not has exactly no relevance to whether he is available or not. Sens management and scouts love him. So for that reason I doubt he is available.
4. When I say “it’s our first or nothing for McGroarty” isn’t me saying “let’s do that”. It’s me just stating that based on what we have left to trade. Which is just the first. And the inability to protect it
Glad you got the caffeine in ya today.
Yes I know I should have checked in with Sens Management before firing out this crazy idea.
I didn't propose the protected 1st but it was being fired around ... so it is a point of reference on value.
So our opinions have no relevance on valuing prospects for the Ottawa Senators .. Shit man ... that is some kinda news

On point 4... no relevance .. check with Management and get back to me

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Glad you got the caffeine in ya today.
Yes I know I should have checked in with Sens Management before firing out this crazy idea.
I didn't propose the protected 1st but it was being fired around ... so it is a point of reference on value.
So our opinions have no relevance on valuing prospects for the Ottawa Senators .. Shit man ... that is some kinda news

On point 4... no relevance .. check with Management and get back to me
Well I could think Stanley is the next Roman josi. Doesn’t mean Winnipeg will take him in a trade.

My point is. Management obviously really likes yakemchuk. You may be right. They may say well we really like McGroarty too. We like
Him more. So take yakemchuk.

I don’t ever drink caffeine.

^ This post is a change of subject.
Maybe

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
The Preds are close to the cap. They are technically over, but they could start with a 20 player roster and become compliant.

I wonder if we could get Jeremy Lauzon from them. He's 6'1" with high PIMs, 2 more years at 2M. Something around Lauzon for JBD and a pick.

They also have Fabbro and Schenn. I don't think Fabbro is a fit for what we need on the bottom pairing. Schenn is declining and has too much money and term but if they were willing to bundle a 2nd with him, maybe they could do a deal where we get Schenn and a 3rd party team gets a 2nd for retaining half. Schenn at 1.375M x 2 is a lot more tolerable than at almost 3M.

Reactions: Duncstar

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I think they’re a model for how to run a franchise with a cheap owner honestly. Would prefer to just not have the cheap owner personally.
Actually, that's a good point. Still could use the 85% of the cap they use on slightly tougher to play against players, but I didn't consider the ownership.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I guess Sportnet didn’t get the memo

1720290769734.png

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
YES, we can protect our first if it top 5 or lottery protected by making the 2027 first the replacement.

Reactions: Arogie

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Okay. Sure they’re are tons of conditions. But another team has to be willing to wait two years
I think it would ultimately depend on how likely Winnipeg feels it is to defer to 2027. If they think that we won’t pick top 5 unless we stumble on an unlikely lottery win, they’re probably more inclined to do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad