Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
There’s a certain degree of entitlement there that I’m not exactly comfortable with either.
Yep, that's why I'm not particularly interested, but some suggest Winterpeg dicked around their prospects in the past, I'm not familiar enough to know if that's a valid criticism or not,

Reactions: NyQuil

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
There’s a certain degree of entitlement there that I’m not exactly comfortable with either.
Its common for players to come out of college and to burn a year off their ELC. Players these days look at every chance to get paid quicker. Sounds like he was not happy about that

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I don't know if it is entitlement as much as it is leverage.

In a perfect world, you want all your players to embrace the challenge of living in a $500 a month hotel with Scott Sabourin before they make it up to the big leagues, but 99 percent of NHLers are pampered upper class athletes who have had life on easy street. So I'm not going to judge a College free agent who recognizes that they have the leverage to call their shot anymore than your average player.

Its common for players to come out of college and to burn a year off their ELC. Players these days look at every chance to get paid quicker.

Yeah this is expected. Imagine if we told Sanderson lol no at burning his ELC. Philadelphia would still have Cutter Gauthier if they signed him and let him burn the year.

I'm sure there are a few cases where players were told no and stayed, but it seems uncommon. I remember with Colin White, they insisted that he sign an ATO with Belleville. Strangely, the ATO didn't even come with a post-dated ELC. He signed his post-dated ELC after a few games. It was incredibly strange how it played out.

Sometimes players sign ATOs when their ELC is still in a position to slide, because it gets them into important pro games, but if I recall Colin White's was not going to slide.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If our scouting was half ass over the last 3 f***ing years we could package some prospects for McGroarty

haha I was reacting to someone eles post on sending ostapchuk as part of some deal. I hope they don't move him.
Ostapchuk is probably in the same boat. Every team has an ostapchuk

Reactions: BigRig4

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I doubt they trade Ostapchuk he plays the game exactly the way they are teaching at development camp. I think there are a few others they could move instead like Jarventie, Petersson or JBD.
I don’t think those players would generate a lot of interest from the Jets & the returns from players of this ilk in a trade (if it were a stand alone trade for those players) would be meager.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad