Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

h2

Mar 26, 2002
You're missing the part where we need to assume 1-3 years of development for that talent to come in. Missing the next 2 years leaves us with another gap in the rotation we would need to otherwise fill through trades

No I'm not missing that.

Yakemchuk + McGroarty is going with the assumption they'll start contributing in 2-3 years (maybe sooner for McGroarty).

Using our 1st next year adds another 2-3 years beyond that of waiting. I'd rather get more immediate talent coming through the pipeline in the form of McGroarty then using our next 1st. Hell, we'd be lucky to draft a talent like McGroarty with our next 1st assuming we're in the wildcard picture.

Reactions: Arogie

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
I want to hang on to Greig because he seems to have that dog in him. The slapper was awesome, but what really won me over was him targeting and leveling DeBrincat the first time they played them. He understands the game imo and will be one of those line walkers you love on your team but hate to play against.

I'm surprised his name is even being mentioned.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Biggest need for this team right now is a bottom pairing D who can play either side.

JBD is ideally the 7th D and Hamonic shouldn't see ice unless several D are injured.

At the same time Kleven is a rookie with 9 games of NHL experience. Behind him at LD there's Filip Roos and Jeremy Davies, and I don't know if either are capable of playing even limited minutes.

Would be nice to have some insurance on both sides, not just RD, especially considering how injury prone Chabot has been recently.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If a guy doesn’t want to play in Winnipeg, do we really think of ourselves as an attractive market to this guy?
He wants out because they won't guarantee him playing time (allegedly) so presumably anywhere offering up overtime is where he'd like to be.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
He wants out because they won't guarantee him playing time (allegedly) so presumably anywhere offering up overtime is where he'd like to be.

I remember when Heatley was complaining about his “deployment”.

I think it’s just a more acceptable excuse than “I want to do what Adam Fox did”.

I think he will shockingly go to a team in a market he likes regardless of the ice time.

Maybe I’m just cynical.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I remember when Heatley was complaining about his “deployment”.

I think it’s just a more acceptable excuse than “I want to do what Adam Fox did”.

I think he will shockingly go to a team in a market he likes regardless of the ice time.

Maybe I’m just cynical.
I mean, Winnipeg could certainly offer to guarantee him a spot on the roster if he signs and find out if he's being honest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad