Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
The team gets better just on basis of Chychrun being redundant as a square peg in a round hole, and Jensen fitting the biggest need left to fill.

I doubt Jensen was their first choice, but getting him isn't the worst thing. I actually prefer Jensen over Roy, purely based on long-term cap flexibility vs how close it would bet to a lateral move for their roles.

The only downside of the whole Jensen thing is that he was the return for Chychrun. I think people expected Chychrun to be worth more than Jensen and a 3rd. When you really think about it, maybe we were overvaluing Chychrun - but there is an entire emotional aspect to it based on his standing as a star and how much the Senators gave up for him. Nobody gets excited about a 19 minute a night matchup defenseman, even if maybe they should.
I don't know about that. The only player (other than Alfie) who gets regular chants from the crowd is Zub. If Jensen still has gas in the tank, I expect him and Ullmark to be very popular with the fan base.

Reactions: bicboi64

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Yeah, that forfeited first looks bad on the league, imo. Waaaaay to steep and completely unnecessary when you consider the person responsible lost his job and the new ownership group had nothing to do with it. Hope Staios and Andlauer continue to argue giving up that pick.
It's bullshit we got punished for the league not having a central database regarding NTCs.

And it's even more bullshit that we got punished because Vegas whined that we made them look bad

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
Bobrovsky another year older, losing key pieces to free agency with no ready replacements coming.

The bottom may fall out pretty quickly for Florida.

We'll see.
Also, 2 years in a row in the SCF, they could run out of gas during the season. That's what happened to Tampa after their 2 consecutive cups. However, unless their goaltending falls off a cliff, I think Florida makes the playoffs. I think the team that will be harder to beat for the wild card spot is Washington. I think we can pass NYI. Their heir strength is goaltending but we can now match that, their weakness is scoring goals, something that has been one of Ottawa's strengths.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Also, 2 years in a row in the SCF, they could run out of gas during the season. That's what happened to Tampa after their 2 consecutive cups. However, unless their goaltending falls off a cliff, I think Florida makes the playoffs. I think the team that will be harder to beat for the wild card spot is Washington. I think we can pass NYI. Their heir strength is goaltending but we can now match that, their weakness is scoring goals, something that has been one of Ottawa's strengths.
I always look at it as more internal than external and that's all you worry about. Maybe not as fans, but the best thing the Senators can do to climb the ranks is worry about their own game and play hard every night. The rest will shake itself out as there's always over and under achievers in general.

Reactions: aragorn and PlayOn

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
I've (just) noticed that absolutely no one has mentioned Kubalik at all. No rumours, no mentions, no interest, no interviews.

Feels pretty good i guess. Prolly not for him, but for me I mean.

Has there been a more forgettable Senator?

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
Could have ya.

I'm not really arguing for one direction over another, but in a bubble, I think Perron even at this stage of his career, is a better fit for this team than Joseph. The extra mil he costs is easily made up by his higher offensive production. I also think he'll be a calming presence on the 2nd PP unit.
And provide much needed vet leadership in the room. Doesn't hurt that he's also won the cup. Hopefully he and Zub can become buddies.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
On his podcast today, Dreger said that Staois was telling teams at the draft that he had a 1st and 2nd on the table for Chychrun. Dreger immediately cast doubt on that actually being the case.

Maybe he did. Maybe he was bluffing. Maybe he never said anything like that and Dreger's intel is wrong. We'll never know.
I seem to remember reading somewhere before the trade deadline that SS was looking for a 1st and 2nd. Seems unlikely he would've turned that down if it had been offered.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Could have ya.

I'm not really arguing for one direction over another, but in a bubble, I think Perron even at this stage of his career, is a better fit for this team than Joseph. The extra mil he costs is easily made up by his higher offensive production. I also think he'll be a calming presence on the 2nd PP unit.
Perron probably is not getting number 1 PP time here which will drop his numbers

he is a vet presence who provides an edge and some offense on the 3rd line . That should be the expectation even if he is a tad bit overpaid

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Perron probably is not getting number 1 PP time here which will drop his numbers

he is a vet presence who provides an edge and some offense on the 3rd line . That should be the expectation even if he is a tad bit overpaid
Ya, PP2 most likely. I still suspect he will level out around 40-50 points which is above Joseph's ceiling while hopefully playing a harder game on the boards and down low. He's just a better player, even at this stage and will find a way imo. Joseph could also easily go back to his more .25 ppg range, but he's more of a comparable to Amadio anyways. Perron is the Tarasenko replacement more so.

Reactions: DrEasy

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Ya, PP2 most likely. I still suspect he will level out around 40-50 points which is above Joseph's ceiling while hopefully playing a harder game on the boards and down low. He's just a better player, even at this stage and will find a way imo. Joseph could also easily go back to his more .25 ppg range, but he's more of a comparable to Amadio anyways. Perron is the Tarasenko replacement more so.
ya perron is more a tarasenko replacement. We could have had both him and Joseph. Lets see how the amadio thing works out. Perron is a better fit for us than Tarasenko imo

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Rutger McGroarty isn't at the Jets development camp so I think it is safe to assume that they will be trading him soon.

If the Sens do give up our first to acquire McGroarty I would hope that we could also gets the rights to Dmitry Rashevsky and possibly Logan Stanley in part of the deal.

Reactions: Icelevel

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Lets hope the intangibles he brings add up to more wins

Rutger McGroarty isn't at the Jets development camp so I think it is safe to assume that they will be trading him soon.

If the Sens do give up our first to acquire McGroarty I would hope that we could also gets the rights to Dmitry Rashevsky and possibly Logan Stanley in part of the deal.
Who you got going the other way

SensFanInMTL

Apr 25, 2020
I agree with the comments here stating that we're headed for another shit season yet again with not making the playoffs. By no means does it mean that it is acceptable. Why can't we do anything to turn this around? It's 8 years now.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
ya perron is more a tarasenko replacement. We could have had both him and Joseph. Lets see how the amadio thing works out. Perron is a better fit for us than Tarasenko imo
Joseph is the guy they identified to move to give them some cash to help fill in the roster.. I'm guessing we still see a move or two for the NHL team.
Always good to keep a little powder dry when waiver season hits as well. Have to ask them for the specifics .. Seems like some fans are upset by it.,
I remember not liking Shane Prince being moved.. I mean.. fans get attached to what they see and assess. These guys have a job to do and there was multiple cleanups.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
I agree with the comments here stating that we're headed for another shit season yet again with not making the playoffs. By no means does it mean that it is acceptable. Why can't we do anything to turn this around? It's 8 years now.

Same people shitting on this year are the same ones that blew their load on the last 2 seasons and said we were making the playoffs.

WE MAKING THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR. JUST f***ING WATCH YOU NEGATIVE NANCIES.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad