Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Getting real tired of your insults dude. Grow tf up.

That aside, stating that Norris and Chabot's health status is iffy, especially the former, is not being overly pessimistic at this point whatsoever, and Pinto's contract is very much still up in the air. This is a real thing, not my opinion.

Nothing else I said is remotely irrational. If you want to ignore the negative that's your choice.

You not only said what if Chabot and Norris get hurt, you said Greig and Perron can’t play in the top 6, you said Pinto could literally be shipped out any minute. That’s a full blown written panic attack.

As for insulting you are the one who calls anyone who disagrees with you Boomer or a size queen.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
The moves aren’t flashy but they are essentially what Dorion should’ve done two years ago. Get some stop gap vets while you continue to build, keep accumulating assets and make pro acquisitions when the fit is right.

The best we can hope for is that it’s enough to get us into the playoffs, which ultimately buys Staios some time to fix this long-term.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
We are indeed living in different realities.
You assume the worst based on extremely limited or no information and I’m looking at the positive side having the exact same amount of information.
Oh ok well that makes sense then. I guess denying reality is as good a cope as any. And no, im not basing things on the worst case outlook based on no info. But you do you.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
If the plan is to move Joseph to open up enough space to sign Pinto, I really wish it had happened already prior to signing Perron and Amadio.

Last thing we need is to put ourselves in another position with no leverage and have teams requesting a 2nd+ to "take on" a solid player on a fair contract.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
If the plan is to move Joseph to open up enough space to sign Pinto, I really wish it had happened already prior to signing Perron and Amadio.

Last thing we need is to put ourselves in another position with no leverage and have teams requesting a 2nd+ to "take on" a solid player on a fair contract.

Makes more sense to move Joseph when other teams couldn't fill their need for that sort of player in free agency.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

There’s literally no reason for a team not to do this. They know Staios MUST get rid of him.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Yes, it's definitely Dorion's fault that Staios signed Perron and left himself no room to sign Pinto. LOL

what an amazingly weird thing to say given he has more than enough money to sign Pinto to (at minimum) a bridge deal with $4.5 million left.
This is of course compared to the less than league min contract Dorion left himself with…but other than than you’ve made a really great point.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If korpisalo stopped pucks chychrun and tkatchuk wouldn’t have fought so much and we would be getting along better in this thread!

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Oh ok well that makes sense then. I guess denying reality is as good a cope as any. And no, im not basing things on the worst case outlook based on no info. But you do you.
IMG_4799.jpeg

I have terrible news SENStastic he hasn’t in fact asked for a trade lol
Now you were saying something about your commitment so realism…

Reactions: Golden_Jet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad