Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Pinto is a weird case because we all know he’s going to be really good, and he knows it too, but the year he missed with a shoulder injury and the suspension have really set him back in terms of what he can claim he’s earned.

So his agent is trying everything, leaking that they want an offer sheet, putting pressure on the Sens with a trade threat etc. In the end I think it gets resolved.

The circumstances are perfect for both sides to dig in.

Reactions: PlayOn

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Pinto and his camp are definitely getting fed up with the Sens.

Obviously his suspension was his own fault and doing, but this is the 2nd year in a row and 2nd management group that seems to be nickel and diming him.

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Lol yeah, his agent is using his leverage. Hes being a bit more aggressive than you typically see.

Outside of that, there is literally nothing atypical about Pinto being unsigned. I’d happily swap him for a handful or two of other unsigned RFAs
No you’re right. Every RFA’s agent puts out trade requests due to stalled contract talks through the media.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
How many of those players have two years in a row of this?
Swayman went to arbitration last year with the Bruins, but I think he’s more just waiting to settle in the amounts on what he’s going to get as the starter. No issues with him not being signed or being given bridge deals, it’s just a contract game.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Lol yeah, his agent is using his leverage. Hes being a bit more aggressive than you typically see.

Outside of that, there is literally nothing atypical about Pinto being unsigned. I’d happily swap him for a handful or two of other unsigned RFAs
He's the only shut down player in the organization. Only right handed center. Not wanting him here is insane.

Sens fans losing their minds today.

Yes, he can ask for a trade. Your request has been received, Shane. Now go sit down. We'll call you when we're ready.
Bingo.

Reactions: aragorn

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
He's the only shut down player in the organization. Only right handed center. Not wanting him here is insane.

Sens fans losing their minds today.
I’m not saying that at all, I’m saying I would rather have Seider, Byfield, Swayman, etc in a vacuum. I.E. Pinto being unsigned is not unique, there are franchise players in the same spot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad