Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Post your best Ullmark reaction to the roster improvements since he signed

1719844410337.png

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I have a feeling we’re going to keep saying this until he’s out of here.
I have a feeling that youre wrong.

His agent is negotiating through the media, its clear where all these insiders are “hearing things”. I’ve worked in the industry, agents are getting more and more aggressive and they can posture all they want, but ultimately the player is the one who makes the decision. I am very confident that Pinto’s preference is to stay here and I’m very confident we’ll make that happen (or trade him from a position of strength).

Reactions: LiseL

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I have a feeling that youre wrong.

His agent is negotiating through the media, its clear where all these insiders are “hearing things”. I’ve worked in the industry, agents are getting more and more aggressive and they can posture all they want, but ultimately the player is the one who makes the decision. I am very confident that Pinto’s preference is to stay here and I’m very confident we’ll make that happen (or trade him from a position of strength).
Whatever it is, it’s so tiring. Pinto might have wanted to stay here for a while, but this saga is probably pushing him away.

Reactions: BigRig4

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
He was given support from the team despite the gambling shenanigans, other than giving him a low salary I think he was treated fairly...

Dorion blew through his entire budget and had nothing left over to sign Pinto.

If you're a supposedly young piece of the core, and you've seen guys like Josh Norris get handed $8M per year, would that not piss you off? I'm pissed off about it and I'm not even Shane Pinto.

Reactions: BigRig4

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Pinto is a weird case because we all know he’s going to be really good, and he knows it too, but the year he missed with a shoulder injury and the suspension have really set him back in terms of what he can claim he’s earned.

So his agent is trying everything, leaking that they want an offer sheet, putting pressure on the Sens with a trade threat etc. In the end I think it gets resolved.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
but we don’t need to trade Chychrun right now.
We can be over the cap by almost $9 million until camp.
That puts the Sens in a horrible position where everyone knows they need to trade him before the start of the season and they lose any of the leverage they had.

Not having the finances in place before the start of free agency is an extremely bad position to be in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad