Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
With Hamonic's contract ending after next season, Yakemchuk just might push for a his spot. He is an older birthday & I don't expect him to spend the next two seasons in junior. Who at RD in this org is going to be able to challenge him for Hamonic's spot?
I think Yak should spend another season in junior and then at least one season in the AHL playing against men/pros. He needs development to get to the NHL.

Reactions: Arogie

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Can you explain?
JR and Gord we’re talking and Gord say

“In Monday I think there are two announcements. One being an FA signing. The other being an Ullmark extension.”

JR said “can I write this down in pen?”

Gord sort of backtracked “saying no no personal opinion but this is going off of reading the room yada yada”

I think Yak should spend another season in junior and then at least one season in the AHL playing against men/pros. He needs development to get to the NHL.
This is absolutely what will happen

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Can you explain?
I don't put much stock in what Gord Wilson winks, nor says. :)

Based on Burrowsaurus' post, Gordie clarified that it his "opinion" not insider knowledge.

However, I expect some sort of UFA signing on Monday and maybe a trade too. It's only my "opinion" too; no insider knowledge.

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
7.5 mil (Ottawa tax) for Matt Roy
Can they afford that?
They can announce it now. Nashville just did with Saros.
They could, however it seems they are waiting.

That might be after next season I think he will be close enough to 20 yrs old to go to Belleville.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
7.5 is wild,

AFP Analytics is projecting him at 5.8 for a typical team, 6.1 in a high tax state, or 5.4 in a low/no state tax location.

As much as I'd like to grab him, if he wants 7.5 we should let him go elsewhere
Ottawa isn’t going to sign a top UFA at market value. The overpayment is a small price to pay so we don’t need to have this neverending search for a RHD drag on. Also playoffs are basically a must or else Brady is gone.

Is Yak eligible to go to Belleville for 2025-26?
He is.

Reactions: BigRig4

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa isn’t going to sign a top UFA at market value. The overpayment is a small price to pay so we don’t need to have this neverending search for a RHD drag on. Also playoffs are basically a must or else Brady is gone.
That's why I provided three numbers, if you want to go almost 1.5 over the high tax market rate, I think that's crazy. If he doesn't want to be here unless we wildly over pay him, then that's not the guy I want here.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
7.5 is wild,

AFP Analytics is projecting him at 5.8 for a typical team, 6.1 in a high tax state, or 5.4 in a low/no state tax location.

As much as I'd like to grab him, if he wants 7.5 we should let him go elsewhere
I don't think the Senators can afford Roy at $7.5M AAV.

If we pay Roy $6M AAV, then we would have to let Brannstrom walk (saves $2M), sign Pinto to a lower salary bridge deal (at about $2M), & replace Tarasenko and Kubalik with players at about $1M AAV.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Buying players is a lot different then clearing out the players you don't want to make room for players you do want..

It's very clear he doesn't want Joseph
or Chychrun on the team. He has big ambitions and no cap space.

So yes. I think by not being able to sell those guys off at a price teams were willing to pay, is going to cost us guys in free agency and maybe even trade who we do actually want. This is not as controversial as people think it is.

Patience is risky.
Show me this proof. I've asked every poster so far. No one has anything than Garrioch speculation when he hasn't been right on anything since PD got ousted. He was really good last year they need to add on him.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010

He is.
The reality is with Toronto taking Tanev, New Jersey taking Pesce, Detroit trading for Trouba etc, Utah adding Marino, Matt Roy might not have teams lining up to give him 6 million dollars long-term.

I would think the Ducks might be interested and if he doesn’t want to leave California they’re the obvious place for him. Buffalo is probably looking. I don’t know how many other teams are realistically in the mix though. Teams like Dallas and Florida need RD (especially if FLA moves Ekblad) but they’re looking for cheaper options.

Anyway I’m not gonna hope for Roy, but my point is moreso that I don’t think there are really THAT many teams that will be looking for his services all things considered.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The reality is with Toronto taking Tanev, New Jersey taking Pesce, Detroit trading for Trouba etc, Utah adding Marino, Matt Roy might not have teams lining up to give him 6 million dollars long-term.

I would think the Ducks might be interested and if he doesn’t want to leave California they’re the obvious place for him. Buffalo is probably looking. I don’t know how many other teams are realistically in the mix though. Teams like Dallas and Florida need RD (especially if FLA moves Ekblad) but they’re looking for cheaper options.

Anyway I’m not gonna hope for Roy, but my point is moreso that I don’t think there are really THAT many teams that will be looking for his services all things considered.
If Detroit goes for trouba great. But I don’t think he will. Yzerman isn’t that dumb. He will go for Roy

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

Rangers and Canucks can both fit him in.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Rangers and Canucks can both fit him in.
Rangers have Fox and Schneider and will be retaining on Trouba. They’re also trying to re-sign Lindgren and they’re in on Kane. I haven’t checked their cap situation, but I’m guessing they aren’t looking to add there.

Vancouver just gave Hronek a massive deal and have Willander coming eventually. I don’t think they’re offering him that kind of money either, it was sort of an issue with Tanev too.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
A day or two ago Friedman said that if Dallas can't keep Tanev - which seems to have come to fruition - they've been linked to Carrier as a replacement. Not sure he'll be an option here either.

Feel like we're going to go pretty hard on Vincent Desharnais.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad