F Cayden Lindstrom - Medicine Hat Tigers, WHL (2024, 4th, CBJ)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
and as good of a prospect as Mateychuk is I don’t think you save a spot for a guy drafted outside of the top 10 when you are picking fourth if you think the best player is a player at that position
I don't see why the Habs would when they have Guhle, Hutson, Xhekaj, Matheson, Engstrom, Struble, Harris etc.
This sort sums up my thinking for both teams. Whether it's Buium, Dickinson, Silayev, etc. if you think they are better than what you currently have, you take them anyway. Who cares if you have a lot of LHD depth if the guy you're taking instantly becomes the top of the depth chart. Maybe having Buium and Mateychuk/Hutson is redundant, but Buium as a draft eligible prospect is much better than either of those two, and looks like the clear best of the 3 long term.

That said, I think both CBJ and MTL take a forward.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'm OK with Lindstrom going to Columbus instead of Montreal. I am liking him less and less, but I'm no expert. I just don't see future star written all over him like many do. Again, it's just my own personal opinion and I'm often wrong in hindsight.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm OK with Lindstrom going to Columbus instead of Montreal. I am liking him less and less, but I'm no expert. I just don't see future star written all over him like many do. Again, it's just my own personal opinion and I'm often wrong in hindsight.
I think Lindstrom is one of those guys whose tools are too good to ignore. Going strictly by play this year, Catton was much better, but drafting a player is all about not how good a player is now, but how good he will be in 5 years.

In some ways, i am glad my team is picking 13th. At that point, most of the choices have been made for them. I've never been so confused by a draft beyond the #1.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
I think Lindstrom is one of those guys whose tools are too good to ignore. Going strictly by play this year, Catton was much better, but drafting a player is all about not how good a player is now, but how good he will be in 5 years.

In some ways, i am glad my team is picking 13th. At that point, most of the choices have been made for them. I've never been so confused by a draft beyond the #1.
I've been saying something similar for the Jackets. I'm just glad I'm not the one who has to make that decision. You better not miss, because there's a chance you're going to pass up on a stud. At least in the 8-15+ range those big decisions have been made and you're just hoping your guy falls to you.

Reactions: MakoSlade

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I've been saying something similar for the Jackets. I'm just glad I'm not the one who has to make that decision. You better not miss, because there's a chance you're going to pass up on a stud. At least in the 8-15+ range those big decisions have been made and you're just hoping your guy falls to you.
Yeah, we had Boldy fall in our laps in 2019. Don't know how, or why it happened, but even at the time it seemed like a no brainer to pick him. In retrospect, even more so.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
If the Habs get Lindstrom, with him, Slaf, Dach they're going to be a force to be reckoned with.
If the choice is between him and Demidov, its an interesting fork in the road stylistically for the habs. They can embrace size and power in their top6, something that's been missing for some time (historically the habs have had plenty of it, the smurfs era was a more recent thing) OR they can bring in a guy who can completely shift the playmaking pecking order and the powerplay (giving Suzuki/Caufield/Slafkovsky/Dach a skilled linemate like Demidov would really open things up for montreal and ensure that they won't be a one line team via Suzuki.

It's hard to say which would be better, but I think the habs will take steps forward adding either guy to their core.

Reactions: Guess

Ford Prefect

Mar 2, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
If the choice is between him and Demidov, its an interesting fork in the road stylistically for the habs. They can embrace size and power in their top6, something that's been missing for some time (historically the habs have had plenty of it, the smurfs era was a more recent thing) OR they can bring in a guy who can completely shift the playmaking pecking order and the powerplay (giving Suzuki/Caufield/Slafkovsky/Dach a skilled linemate like Demidov would really open things up for montreal and ensure that they won't be a one line team via Suzuki.

It's hard to say which would be better, but I think the habs will take steps forward adding either guy to their core.
If they have the choice, how did the draft unfold ahead of them? Celebrini, Levshunov, and Silayev, would seem to be the obvious choices, but who would have gone 4th? Buium? Sennecke? Iginla? Or do you see them trading up to 3 if the Hawks take Levshunov?

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
If they have the choice, how did the draft unfold ahead of them? Celebrini, Levshunov, and Silayev, would seem to be the obvious choices, but who would have gone 4th? Buium? Sennecke? Iginla? Or do you see them trading up to 3 if the Hawks take Levshunov?
CLB would be taking one of Lindstrom/demidov, and MTL is left with the one not chosen.

Reactions: Napoli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad