Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Half of those things have some legitimacy behind them and can be proven with sources. The other half are just basic disagreements over nutrition/lifestyle choices that can both be proven and disproven, but mostly rely on confirmation bias.

The fact that you're framing the post like you are is more of a negative towards you than him. I mean, some of that stuff is weird - but it's no weirder than half the stuff your average person eats if you actually read ingredient lists and consider what is in our food.

I think my underwear has polyester though.
I’ll bite
Which ones have some legitimacy

• Haha
Reactions: Loach and Relapsing

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
There absolutely is a measureable crisis in fertility in many places across the globe. And while there's no proof that any of it is caused by some tapwater or polyester conspiracy, a lot of popular thought is leaning towards the idea that the ingestion of microplastics may be a chief cause.

Unfortunately microplastics can be found pretty much everywhere.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I’ll bite
Which ones have some legitimacy

You can Google each one individually and find studies by legitimate organizations on the prospect of them.

Surprisingly, even the effects of synthetic materials on human reproduction was studied, which surprised me because I had never heard of that before..

I'm not going to sit here pasting abstracts and studies, but you can Google key terms from that post and see that there are at least legitimate studies on some of the things in that post. Based on the tone of the other poster, I was expecting reptilian shape shifting tier stuff.

Ultimately, if someone is going to come in here with the intention of assassinating the character of another person, the burden of proof is on them.

If you're genuinely curious and this isn't just a "gotcha" web forum pissing match thing, just Google each of those lines with relevant terns and try to find studies from legitimate government websites.

We both know that the whole try me pull up studies thing is basically you saying "lol spend the next 2 hours with a homework assignment" to disprove the poster who himself made claims with zero sources. It's typical web forum lose/lose type manipulation. Either I spend that time pasting stuff you could easily find yourself if you genuinely cared, or I don't and I'm "wrong". It is beyond silly..

Have fun.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
You can Google each one individually and find studies by legitimate organizations on the prospect of them.

Surprisingly, even the effects of synthetic materials on human reproduction was studied, which surprised me because I had never heard of that before..

I'm not going to sit here pasting abstracts and studies, but you can Google key terms from that post and see that there are at least legitimate studies on some of the things in that post. Based on the tone of the other poster, I was expecting reptilian shape shifting tier stuff.

Ultimately, if someone is going to come in here with the intention of assassinating the character of another person, the burden of proof is on them.

If you're genuinely curious and this isn't just a "gotcha" web forum passing match thing, just Google each of those lines with relevant terns and try to find studies from legitimate government websites.

Have fun.
Didn’t ask for the reasons
Just which ones you think have some legitimacy, I can google them after.

Just the 3 on the list you think have some legitimacy

Last edited:

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I'm not shitting on him eating liver - he can eat whatever the heck he wants. I'm shitting on him for believing in any of the crap I listed.

As far as I'm aware, there are zero legitimate studies that show the purported health benefits of a meat only diet.

To put it another way, if Jordan Peterson is out there extolling the virtues of something, I'm gonna question the hell out of it.

I think why some people report benefits from that diet is not because of the meat but because they eliminate a lot of other stuff that they were eating and that was causing them problems.

Don't think it's healthy long term but I can see from that perspective how it could benefit a lot of people in our glucose heavy environment.

Reactions: Relapsing

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018

If you're genuinely curious and this isn't just a "gotcha" web forum pissing match thing, just Google each of those lines with relevant terns and try to find studies from legitimate government websites.
Seems you have an interesting relationship with the concept of burden of proof, huh?

We both know that the whole try me pull up studies thing is basically you saying "lol spend the next 2 hours with a homework assignment" to disprove the poster who himself made claims with zero sources. It's typical web forum lose/lose type manipulation. Either I spend that time pasting stuff you could easily find yourself if you genuinely cared, or I don't and I'm "wrong". It is beyond silly..
LOL, you're funny.

Alright, I'll take back saying I think people who believe in conspiracy theories are mentally unwell, and trade that for, I think they're f***ing stupid.

So, to bring it back to relevancy in the FA/Trade thread, I think Staios should trade anyone off this team that is that f***ing stupid.

Reactions: dumbdick

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
Didn’t ask for the reasons
Just which ones you think have some legitimacy, I can google them after.

Just the 3 on the list you think have some legitimacy
Without spending too much of my time digging into the crazy, some of those do have some tiny kernel of truth or adjacency to truth that gets twisted.

Corn Flakes -

The foods Kellogg developed also tended to be bland. In this, Kellogg followed the teachings of Ellen G. White and Sylvester Graham who recommended a diet of bland foods to minimize excitement, sexual arousal, and masturbation.[51]

Several popular misconceptions falsely attribute various cultural practices, inventions, and historical events to Kellogg.[11][12] These include false claims that Kellogg's corn flakes were invented or marketed to prevent masturbation. In reality, they were promoted to prevent indigestion.[12]

Frogs -

Abstract

The herbicide atrazine is one of the most commonly applied pesticides in the world. As a result, atrazine is the most commonly detected pesticide contaminant of ground, surface, and drinking water. Atrazine is also a potent endocrine disruptor that is active at low, ecologically relevant concentrations. Previous studies showed that atrazine adversely affects amphibian larval development. The present study demonstrates the reproductive consequences of atrazine exposure in adult amphibians. Atrazine-exposed males were both demasculinized (chemically castrated) and completely feminized as adults. Ten percent of the exposed genetic males developed into functional females that copulated with unexposed males and produced viable eggs.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Probably because he is a living example of infinite monkeys with infinite typewriters. Dude spits out constant junk. He gets paid for clicks not accuracy.

He makes educated guesses and sometimes gets something right or close enough to right to give him a feint air of legitimacy. Anyone can do that if they are able to spit out an unlimited number of guesses. Keep an eye on the fourth period / his twitter with the draft/free agency coming. His trade mark move is to say any number of teams are the front runner and then remove his posts that conflict with what ends up actually happening lol.

He also just straight gets things wrongs too like saying Scott Morrow was in the Guentzel trade or a couple years ago said Parenteau was traded when he wasn't at the TDL.

Just so everyone is on the same page - this is the post Chychrun commented '💯💯💯' to.

View attachment 883683
There are a lot of men out there who spend so much time on their biceps they don’t leave time for their brain.
I don’t think people understand what the word vegan means. It’s not a diet which is what he probably thinks and is why he’s threatened by it(?).
It just means you choose a lifestyle that attempts to minimize animal abuse ie dogs, cows, cats, chickens, humans etc and planet destruction.
Anyone who is against minimizing those things is actively destroying our future and doing so in a violent way.

So it looks like he just lacks education which can lead to believing crazy theories. It’s the lazy and ignorant way of explaining your misunderstandings.

He’s gone anyway.

Last edited:

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Without spending too much of my time digging into the crazy, some of those do have some tiny kernel of truth or adjacency to truth that gets twisted.

Corn Flakes -

The foods Kellogg developed also tended to be bland. In this, Kellogg followed the teachings of Ellen G. White and Sylvester Graham who recommended a diet of bland foods to minimize excitement, sexual arousal, and masturbation.[51]

Several popular misconceptions falsely attribute various cultural practices, inventions, and historical events to Kellogg.[11][12] These include false claims that Kellogg's corn flakes were invented or marketed to prevent masturbation. In reality, they were promoted to prevent indigestion.[12]

Frogs -

Abstract

The herbicide atrazine is one of the most commonly applied pesticides in the world. As a result, atrazine is the most commonly detected pesticide contaminant of ground, surface, and drinking water. Atrazine is also a potent endocrine disruptor that is active at low, ecologically relevant concentrations. Previous studies showed that atrazine adversely affects amphibian larval development. The present study demonstrates the reproductive consequences of atrazine exposure in adult amphibians. Atrazine-exposed males were both demasculinized (chemically castrated) and completely feminized as adults. Ten percent of the exposed genetic males developed into functional females that copulated with unexposed males and produced viable eggs.
The most insidious conspiracy theories take a nugget of factual evidence and twist it.

When stuff like this comes up, I think about how it gets to the general public.

1) A legitimate, peer reviewed scientific study is undertaken. It's written for consumption by people in that field. It requires a high degree of understanding of the underlying science in the given discipline. This is the primary source

2) A secondary source picks up the study for publication. For example, the publishing department of the University that undertook the study. Or a scientific journal . The point is to publish the findings to the non scientific community, even if there is still an expectation that it's for a professional audience. Somewhat more approachable, but still difficult to digest and requires some basic understanding of the field. The writer isn't a scientist, but it was fact checked by one.

3) A tertiary source picks up the secondary source. Journalism about science. This is where it usually falls apart. No scientist was involved in the writing of it. Just a journalist who doesn't have a background in the field. Like a writer from the Daily Mail. They are the most likely to misinterpret the secondary source, and no one at the paper is in the know enough to pick it up.

It's like a bad game of telephone. The scientist are just publishing their findings.

Most people frankly don't read primary sources, because they lack the education and experience to actually understand them. Some people will be able to get through a secondary source, but most will take the tertiary source at face value and say they 'did the research'.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Call me crazy but I don't think it's "dangerous" for someone to falsely believe that sun lotion is bad for you.
I mean it absolutely is given the number of people who become very ill from melanoma. I can guarantee needing to go through a round of chemo drugs is worse for your body then just putting on some sunscreen if you’re going to be in the sun.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Alright then, provide them. Show those receipts. I'll gladly read any peer reviewed studies published in actual scientific journals.

Which ones are those? Cornflakes lower libido? Tapwater turning frogs feminine?

So just let me get this straight for a second: You actually think more negatively towards me, someone who shows contempt for someone who holds beliefs that are devoid of reason, than the person agreeing with those beliefs?

f*** me. What world do we live in now?

I'm not shitting on him eating liver - he can eat whatever the heck he wants. I'm shitting on him for believing in any of the crap I listed.

As far as I'm aware, there are zero legitimate studies that show the purported health benefits of a meat only diet.

To put it another way, if Jordan Peterson is out there extolling the virtues of something, I'm gonna question the hell out of it.

That's from an instagram account (jordivitality), who purports to be some sort of coach that 'helps busy 6-8 figure entrepreneurs optimize their testosterone levels...'. This guy's insta is a veritable garden of crazy. I am gobsmacked by some of the shit this guy is putting out into the void.
It looks like there is some legitimacy to the claim that Altrazine feminizes frogs.Atrazine induces complete feminization and chemical castration in male African clawed frogs (Xenopus laevis)

I have no clue whether Altrazine is commonly found in tap water though or what percentage is in it.

Also, not sure if this is true but it does sound like the creator of Corn Flakes had some pretty wild ambitions around reducing libido.
Kellogg's Corn Flakes were first invented to stop masturbation

Reactions: Relapsing

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
maybe i can make a case for the meat eating.

processed foods are much more marketed in North American foods and diets when eating meat is for sure a more wholesome food.

but if everyone started only eating meat and whole foods even though the population would end up healthier, so many industries would collapse, heck North America would collapse.
lol yeah nice little increase in heart disease too like we need that.

The wellness industry is worth more than big pharma. The people that parrot that crap are all trying to sell you something too

The best diet is still the diet recommended by majority of physicians.

People say like “oh if nutrition guidelines are so good why are people still obese and sick”. Then you read up on how many people actually follow the guidelines on eating fruits and veggies… and you quickly find out why

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
It looks like there is some legitimacy to the claim that Altrazine feminizes frogs.Atrazine induces complete feminization and chemical castration in male African clawed frogs (Xenopus laevis)

I have no clue whether Altrazine is commonly found in tap water though or what percentage is in it.

Also, not sure if this is true but it does sound like the creator of Corn Flakes had some pretty wild ambitions around reducing libido.
Kellogg's Corn Flakes were first invented to stop masturbation
Corn flakes and masturbation are my two favourite things.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
So we’re attenpting the “overpay for Gudbranson to lure Gaudreau” thing Columbus did but with the Tanevs?

Also, why wouldn’t Chris Tanev just sign in Seattle then, since his brother is already there and it’s close to Vancouver?

Reactions: NB613

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $10,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4