Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Watch us trade Chychrun & Brannstrom to Kraken for BTanev, Borgen, this year's NYR 2nd, and Seattle 2nd next year. We get CTanev to sign her to play with his brother. Acquire a cheap winger like MJohansson, Wheeler, CBrown, JVR, Heinen, Zucker, Foegele, Duhaime, Kirivanta, Trenin, Nosek or Arvidsson to play on our 2nd/3rd line, and sign Broissoit. Trade Forbserg for whatever 7th rounder you can get.

Tkachuk Pinto Bath
FA Stu Giroux
Joseph Greig BTanev
Katchouk Kastelic Kelly

Sandy Zub
Chabot CTanev
Kleven Borgen

Broissoit
Korpse

Make the playoffs before Brady wants out

Reactions: DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Is Seattle even looking to trade Tanev? They have a lot of cap space and he brings an element they are missing from a lot of their forward group (much like Joseph does for us).

It's obviously a ploy to try to convince his brother to sign with us. If we can acquire Brandon for cheap, sure go ahead, but because it's so obvious Seattle will probably ask for more than Brandon is worth.
The old Neidermayer ploy, only instead of a future HOF player, we're after a solid defensive dman...

Reactions: BigRig4

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Is Seattle even looking to trade Tanev? They have a lot of cap space and he brings an element they are missing from a lot of their forward group (much like Joseph does for us).

It's obviously a ploy to try to convince his brother to sign with us. If we can acquire Brandon for cheap, sure go ahead, but because it's so obvious Seattle will probably ask for more than Brandon is worth.

He is on the final year of his contract. It wouldn't be surprising if they tried to get something for him.

I didn't hear the exact clip, so I don't know how it was said by Friedman.

Joseph for Tanev makes sense for both sides. It gets Ottawa an older player with a hard nosed style, and it makes them more appealing to their dream free agent target.

For Seattle, Joseph has an extra year of term, and if he comes in closer to the Joseph he was at the start of the season, he is an upgrade on Tanev offensively.

We're also a soft team. While Tanev isn't big, he plays big. That's a plus.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
He is on the final year of his contract. It wouldn't be surprising if they tried to get something for him.

I didn't hear the exact clip, so I don't know how it was said by Friedman.

Joseph for Tanev makes sense for both sides. It gets Ottawa an older player with a hard nosed style, and it makes them more appealing to their dream free agent target.

For Seattle, Joseph has an extra year of term, and if he comes in closer to the Joseph he was at the start of the season, he is an upgrade on Tanev offensively.

We're also a soft team. While Tanev isn't big, he plays big. That's a plus.
I'd rather we have both of Tanev and Joseph on the team. Going from Joseph to Tanev is a downgrade considering Joseph is a faster skater, younger, is a better PK guy, and slightly better producer.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Someone here at some point seemed to claim inside info that Joseph was a bit of a ring leader on the teams partying, or something to that effect. If there's truth to that, and they're trying for a bit of a culture change, it seems likely to be the reason he'd be moved.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Someone here at some point seemed to claim inside info that Joseph was a bit of a ring leader on the teams partying, or something to that effect. If there's truth to that, and they're trying for a bit of a culture change, it seems likely to be the reason he'd be moved.

It would make sense. If you watch that car commercial, he is the one who gets all the trouble started in the backseat.

Reactions: BigRig4

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I think Joseph is pretty overhyped around here. Personally, I'm not a fan and am glad to hear that they are considering trading him. I think there are better players out there for the role he takes on and I think that could end up being very apparent to this fanbase depending on who they decide to replace his role with.

Reactions: Skid and aragorn

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
can we just acquire all brothers? We need to ad revenue...
I am hoping the Sens sign the Ritchie brothers to two way contracts if they are willing. No clue if Brett and Nick Ritchie are looking to play in North America next season and whether or not they would sign two way deals though, but if they are willing then hope we sign both. It would be nice to have some players in Belleville that can actually be effective depth players for short stints if they get called up. I wanted to sign both last offseason and they probably would have made the 4th line better if they did.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I think Joseph is pretty overhyped around here. Personally, I'm not a fan and am glad to hear that they are considering trading him. I think there are better players out there for the role he takes on and I think that could end up being very apparent to this fanbase depending on who they decide to replace his role with.

He is overhyped around here. People only look at his ceiling and fail to acknowledge how inconsistent he has been.

I understand why people would be reticent to trade him, because when he puts it all together, he is a very strong player.

The Senators are asset poor with minimal cap flexibility. If they want to make changes to the group, there aren't many moves they can make. Trading Joseph is one of the least disruptive things they can do, because anybody else who is moveable either is a superstar who we shouldn't move, or is Artem Zub.

Reactions: Skid

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Pagnotta has us linked to Parayko and Rossi on his trade chart.

He has the following teams linked to Chychrun:
Boston, St. Louis, Philadelphia, Washington, Calgary, Chicago

We are also linked to most of the goalies.

Maybe something around Chychrun for Parayko?

I have a had time believing that he would waive to come here, but let's assume he would.

Who, Brady punching his brother Matthew

There is a French version of the commercial with the Joseph brothers.

Those commercials really shed a light on our team being full of trouble makers.

Reactions: Duncstar

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
Pagnotta has us linked to Parayko and Rossi on his trade chart.

He has the following teams linked to Chychrun:
Boston, St. Louis, Philadelphia, Washington, Calgary, Chicago

We are also linked to most of the goalies.

Maybe something around Chychrun for Parayko?

I have a had time believing that he would waive to come here, but let's assume he would.

There is a French version of the commercial with the Joseph brothers.

Those commercials really shed a light on our team being full of trouble makers.
If Pagnotta told me the sky was blue I'd go look outside to confirm before believing him

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Watch us trade Chychrun & Brannstrom to Kraken for BTanev, Borgen, this year's NYR 2nd, and Seattle 2nd next year. We get CTanev to sign her to play with his brother. Acquire a cheap winger like MJohansson, Wheeler, CBrown, JVR, Heinen, Zucker, Foegele, Duhaime, Kirivanta, Trenin, Nosek or Arvidsson to play on our 2nd/3rd line, and sign Broissoit. Trade Forbserg for whatever 7th rounder you can get.

Tkachuk Pinto Bath
FA Stu Giroux
Joseph Greig BTanev
Katchouk Kastelic Kelly

Sandy Zub
Chabot CTanev
Kleven Borgen

Broissoit
Korpse

This is the most logical way to look at this team by far in terms of this offseason. If they can get Arvidsson that would be fantastic. Out of the wingers your brought up i like Brown, Zucker but Arvidsson is my number 1.

I think getting another veteran on the 4th line that is a heavy player would be a good add. I do really like the way Crookshank plays. He has a great motor. So he would make the team id be building. He can also play on a scoring line.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
can we just acquire all brothers? We need to ad revenue...
Was taking a look at the list of brothers in the league:
Joey & Mikey Anderson
Morgan & Justin Barron
Jesper & Adam Boqvist
Kirby & Colton Dach
Hayden & Cale Fleury
Nick & Marcus Foligno
Cal & Nolan Foote
Quinn, Jack & Luke Hughes
Ryan & Lucas Johansen
Seth & Caleb Jones
Mathieu & Pierre-Olivier Joseph
Charlie & Ryan Lindgren
Michael & Ryan McLeod
William & Alexander Nylander
Darren & Taylor Raddysh
Jason & Nick Robertson
Luke & Brayden Schenn
Brendan & Reilly Smith
Marc & Jordan Staal
Riley & Chase Stillman
Ryan & Dylan Strome
Chris & Brandon Tanev
Tage & Tyce Thompson
Matthew & Brady Tkachuk
James & Trevor van Riemsdyk

The best fit for us after the Tanev's would be the van Rimsdyk's.

All for the brothers strategy though Less money they have to spend on jerseys, and we use the additional saved cash on signing bonuses lol

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Tkachuk Pinto Bath
FA Stu Giroux
Joseph Greig BTanev
Katchouk Kastelic Kelly

Sandy Zub
Chabot CTanev
Kleven Borgen

Broissoit
Korpse

Joseph is gone. Trading Joseph and replace with Duhaime and another cheap forward. Toffoli for second line wing

Because we're going to overpay as part of the full court press to convince his brother to sign in Ottawa.
How much can you realistically trade for Brandon tanev

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4