GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
St. Louis is getting paid a pick to take POJ’s brother. We should have been all over that one. I would have taken him for free no pick attached if need be.

Too busy signing hungry youth like Anthony Beauvillier lol.

Pittsburgh getting paid to take Hayes.

Anaheim out here signing Harkins for two years...

Cope. Mathieu Joseph is the exact type of player teams pony up for at the deadline.

Anthony Beauvillier is exactly the type of player Kyle Dubas can't move.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

Watch him somehow score 20 goals next season.

Sullivan would be like:

kd9BlRovbPOykLBMqX.webp

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Because Sid has earned it. Sid is owed that time and privilege. End of story.

The longer people want to pretend that is not the case or that he's not deserving of it, the longer they will continue to be baffled by moves that support that viewpoint and the longer they will be mad about it.

Not trying to be harsh to you in particular or anything but people. need. to. get. this. through. their. heads: Sid WILL resign. They WILL try to "stay competitive for Sid's sake while building for the future. There will NOT be a full strip down involving trading Sid, Geno, and/or Letang. The true rebuild will start when Sid retires.

This is has been discusses by Dubas sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many f***ing times that it's baffling that people don't understand at this point. Do I think it's the right thing to do...yes, actually. I do. 100%. That doesn't mean I will like or defend every move or signing that supports that blueprint but we are in for some dark times once they leave. Enjoy the sunset while we can.
Re-read my post. Where in my post did I say I'm unaware he will do this? I literally said the opposite. So why bother explaining the state of affairs to me? It's weird.

I am talking about what SHOULD happen, not what WILL happen.

In your opinion they should prioritize Crosby's feelings. In my opinion they've already done that for 18 years and need to get assets at this time.

I don't want to "enjoy the sunset", and watch my team waste time and assets. That's stupid. I want to enjoy my team being 100% committed to winning championships again.
Sid is not bigger than the Pittsburgh Penguins, much like how Stamkos is not bigger than the Tampa Bay Lightning.
If you're a serious GM you don't give contracts based on feels. You put emotions aside and do what is necessary.

That's how Vegas won their Cup. They've proven being cold-hearted is a successful formula for sustained excellence. Nobody is special. Nobody is exempt.

Reactions: TooManyHumans

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Watch him not get a single NHL game.

It would be a little like how we had to sit here and get lectured about how valuable ZAR AKSHULLY is for years and then watch him move on to another team and in like less than a season have to settle for a PTO.

Except Harkins is so bad even the diehard armchair coach, microstat obsessed fans were like "yeah I don't get it with this guy at all."

Reactions: Gurglesons

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Too busy signing hungry youth like Anthony Beauvillier lol.

Cope. Mathieu Joseph is the exact type of player teams pony up for at the deadline.

Anthony Beauvillier is exactly the type of player Kyle Dubas can't move.
Beau has 31pts in 55 playoff games. Joseph has 2pts in 10 playoff games. Beau makes $1.25M on an expiring contract. Joseph makes ~$3M with an extra year.

I'm sure Beau can get a 3rd if Dubas moves him at the TDL, just like Joseph. /shrug

Keep seething though you f***ing dumb whiner. :laugh:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
It would be a little like how we had to sit here and get lectured about how valuable ZAR AKSHULLY is for years and then watch him move on to another team and in like less than a season have to settle for a PTO.

Except Harkins is so bad even the diehard armchair coach, microstat obsessed fans were like "yeah I don't get it with this guy at all."

it's weird how the same people that are saying to be patient with kyle dubas' great plan are the same people that groupthunk how good ZAR was.

very weird.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
That's how Vegas won their Cup. They've proven being cold-hearted is a successful formula for sustained excellence. Nobody is special. Nobody is exempt.
Pens have 3 of them. I know you know this, because you know. And you're super cool. But I think Vegas would lick our balls to have 3 vs 1.

What's the point of being a fan if you don't have an emotional attachment to the team and players? I ain't window shopping for a new watch. I find the way Vegas ships people out as soon as they have a shiny new ruptured spleen to play with a bit off-putting, from a human perspective.

But, and I can't overstate how confused I am: if you aren't emotionally attached to the team and players, and you don't care about watching your team's most-important players finish with your team, and you really enjoy the vegas way of doing things, why the f*** aren't you just a fan of Vegas? Like, if you don't care about the attachments, go be unattached. Why care about Pittsburgh?

(to be super duper clear, I ain't gatekeeping fandom here, but the way you've described your feelings towards the Penguins' greats and your disdain for them sticking around, you seem to be a fan of the process more than anything, so.... like... why not go cheer for better processes? Hell, the way Tampa just got rid of Stamkos should have you harder than diamond right now)

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Pens have 3 of them. I know you know this, because you know. And you're super cool. But I think Vegas would lick our balls to have 3 vs 1.

What's the point of being a fan if you don't have an emotional attachment to the team and players? I ain't window shopping for a new watch. I find the way Vegas ships people out as soon as they have a shiny new ruptured spleen to play with a bit off-putting, from a human perspective.

But, and I can't overstate how confused I am: if you aren't emotionally attached to the team and players, and you don't care about watching your team's most-important players finish with your team, and you really enjoy the vegas way of doing things, why the f*** aren't you just a fan of Vegas? Like, if you don't care about the attachments, go be unattached. Why care about Pittsburgh?

Any suggestions on how you think I can get Vegas to lick my balls?

• Haha
Reactions: Lustaf

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Re-read my post. Where in my post did I say I'm unaware he will do this? I literally said the opposite. So why bother explaining the state of affairs to me? It's weird.

I am talking about what SHOULD happen, not what WILL happen.

In your opinion they should prioritize Crosby's feelings. In my opinion they've already done that for 18 years and need to get assets at this time.

I don't want to "enjoy the sunset", and watch my team waste time and assets. That's stupid. I want to enjoy my team being 100% committed to winning championships again.
Sid is not bigger than the Pittsburgh Penguins, much like how Stamkos is not bigger than the Tampa Bay Lightning.
If you're a serious GM you don't give contracts based on feels. You put emotions aside and do what is necessary.

I literally said in my post that wasn't talking about you to you. It was more a global announcement or soapbox about others.

That said:
1. Sid is a WAY bigger deal to the Pens than Stammer was to the TBL.
2. Vegas didn't have a Sid. It's easy if you're cycling through guys VGK have had.
3. Pens are not wasting assets at the moment. They are collecting assets.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad