GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Lol Yzerplan apparently includes Campbell as one of their goalies.

Why not? Someone with legit shooting skills is exactly what this team needs. Will come cheap on a short term deal too.

Wait, what? WHAT!? What is this! Is this wishful thinking or something legit?
You serious mate?

t6a7CPD.png

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Unless they fall bass ackwards into another superstar talent, I don't know that this team's gonna be competitive again for like a decade tbh.

Gonna be miserable to watch the team on the ice though. Not that it hasn't been the past few years.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The team is going to be spending to the cap and they have money available now, so I'm really curious to see what else they do with it.

I'd be trying to get Skinner on an expensive 1 year deal and tell him "we'll trade you to a contender at the deadline".

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019
The team is going to be spending to the cap and they have money available now, so I'm really curious to see what else they do with it.

I'd be trying to get Skinner on an expensive 1 year deal and tell him "we'll trade you to a contender at the deadline".
Yep. Or a trade for a bad contract to get picks.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012

See that logic is sound but then you have to remember this team is coached by Sullivan.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Skinner is rumored to be talking to Colorado and Edmonton.

No idea why he'd sign here lol.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Skinner is rumored to be talking to Colorado and Edmonton.

No idea why he'd sign here lol.
Yeah I mean even Kindergarten Kyle said this isn't a destination for players anymore so he has to be creative. Players like that aren't joining this dumb franchise.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

Riding shotgun with Sid for the year may help establish interest and a better pay day next year as well. There's certainly a lot to like about that offer honestly.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
For the record, from Yohe's most recent article:

"It’s believed that Dubas would be directing the Penguins into full rebuild mode starting this summer, but because of Crosby’s presence, the Penguins president of hockey operations/general manager believes it’s important that the organization fields a competitive team. Making this all the more interesting is that Crosby has only one year remaining on his contract."

I think this half in-half out approach is realistically what they're going to do as long as Crosby is here. They'll be taking on bad deals and selling off expendable pieces (just like they did with Hayes and Smith), but will also be trying to field a decent team that at least has a chance at making the playoffs. They're apparently looking for a LW that can thrive with Crosby to push O'Connor to L3, but it just remains to be seen who that ends up being.

I think Skinner in UFA or Robertson in RFA are the two obvious names.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012

"It’s believed that Dubas would be directing the Penguins into full rebuild mode starting this summer, but because of Crosby’s presence, the Penguins president of hockey operations/general manager believes it’s important that the organization fields a competitive team. Making this all the more interesting is that Crosby has only one year remaining on his contract."

I think this half in-half out approach is realistically what they're going to do as long as Crosby is here. They'll be taking on bad deals and selling off expendable pieces (just like they did with Hayes and Smith), but will also be trying to field a decent team that at least has a chance at making the playoffs. They're apparently looking for a LW that can thrive with Crosby to push O'Connor to L3, but it just remains to be seen who that ends up being.

I stopped after "from Yohe..."

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005

yea i mean you can make a small add at the deadline if they're in playoff contention. Otherwise, sell pieces you have to sell come that time.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

I wonder what Crosby thinks of this. I still don't think he leaves but when the cold hard reality hits him in the face on the ice maybe he changes his mind

Goodleaf

Love a good stick.
Nov 15, 2010

If we cant get someone like Skinner, im okay keeping 6m in cap space. Someone could get pretty desperate at the deadline and give up some good pieces to dump a contract. We should be trying to find our version of "Here, take Bickell and you can have Teravainen"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad