Proposal: Fowler to the devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Fowler makes sense in NJ, but Devils don't have anyone valuable enough to realistically trade for him.

Boucher is honestly the only guy that fits the bill, but Anaheim would probably be looking for something better than that.

Group Chat Legend*

If Anaheim wants a cup badly enough and Cammalleri is repeating last years success - they would take him at 50% for Fowler

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
If we are trading Fowler we need a much better main piece.

As has been discussed, the next step up on the LW side from the Devils perspective is Cammalleri, which doesn't fit for Anaheim cap-wise.

Zacha would work for Anaheim, but I just don't see a situation where the Devils trade Zacha for a LD. I also don't think Fowler is the caliber of player that you trade a prospect like Zacha for. Not a slight on Fowler, but I wouldn't trade a top 10 pick for a guy who is not elite at his position.

All in all, a deal just doesn't make sense unless Murray really likes Boucher and/or does not have any better offers than Boucher.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I have noticed that most Devils 'fans' that propose trades on here are ones that don't really post on our board.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I have noticed that most Devils 'fans' that propose trades on here are ones that don't really post on our board.

I find that's kind of common for most fanbases. The regulars on the team boards generally keep their ideas there, and don't bring them over here all that much.

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
NJ fan here.... granted it's not equal value whatsoever, we don't want to give up Boucher.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
NJ fan here.... granted it's not equal value whatsoever, we don't want to give up Boucher.

what? I like Boucher and all, but I easily give him up in a deal for a guy like Fowler. and I am not even a big Fowler fan.

the Devils are overloaded at LW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad