Proposal: Fowler to NJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
New Jersey should keep their forward prospects to build around Hall, not trade them.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
HARD pass from Ducks. They are trying to win now, neither of those 2 pieces will make us better in the next couple years than just keeping Fowler (the best or second best Dman on the team that won the Jennings for fewest goals given up)

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
brutal for Anaheim they give up a top pair dman and don't get a top 6 forward back

Lol. I think Zacha pretty clearly will be a top 6 nhl forward. It may not be this year, which is what I'm sure you're alluding to, but given his age, team control, and the fact he's a bluechip power forward prospect, I'd much rather have him in the fold moving forward if I'm NJ.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
I don't care for Blandisi all that much so to me this is a 1 for 1 swap with a small throw in.

With that said, I have no interest in trading for Fowler. I just don't think he's all that good. I guess how you feel about this trade is how much you like Zacha but I'm a huge fan of his and wouldn't deal him for Fowler right now.

mytduxfan*

I'd consider it, but it really doesn't help us next year. Totally understand those NJ fans that aren't keen on the move.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Anaheim was asking for the 8th or 9th overall picks in this past draft so I think they'd take a 6th overall pick already a year developed and a player who showed some promise in ~40 NHL games as a 21 year old.

Don't think New Jersey does this.

mytduxfan*

Anaheim was asking for the 8th or 9th overall picks in this past draft so I think they'd take a 6th overall pick already a year developed and a player who showed some promise in ~40 NHL games as a 21 year old.

Don't think New Jersey does this.

I should just have this saved as a paste option on my computer. I literally just posted this on another thread in response to another misinformed fan.

"No evidence to suggest that Fowler couldn't get a single 1st. Dreger and co. just said that it might come down to who's willing to put 8th or 9th OA on the table. Didn't mention whether other pieces were involved. Could very well have been roster player + prospect + 1st, and the problem was the BUF/MTL weren't willing to give up 2016 1sts only 2017. We just don't know. BM has since said that nothing was close."

Totally understand if NJ fans don't want to part with Zacha for Fowler. However, the idea that Fowler couldn't get a top 10 pick is completely unfounded and an opinion based on partially information.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad