World Cup: Four Nations Tournament-Team Canada

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
As much as we think about our crap goaltending or the Americans finally catching up to us in the blueline department, this might be the best-skating team we’ve ever seen.

McDavid, MacKinnon, Makar, Point, an Barzal. I mean outside of the Hughes brothers and Larkin, who is stopping that? I know the Americans have really good shutdown defencemen, but how are they gonna defend that speed? Just sit back and let the Canadians win up with one-Ts?

Then you add in the edgework in Crosby, Marchand and Marner. I mean everyone on this team can skate really really well except for Zach Hyman, who has actually really picked up his hustle since playing alongside McDavid the past few seasons

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Hyman-McDavid-Mckinnon
Marchand-Crosby-Marner
Stamkos-Point-Johnston
Barzal-Suzuki-Reinhart
Bedard/Thomas

Toews-Makar
Morrissey-Bouchard
Reilly-Dobson
Doughty

Hill
Binnington
Skinner

Last edited:

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
Hyman-McDavid-Mckinnon
Marchand-Crosby-Marner
Stamkos-Point-Johnston
Barzal-Suzuki-Reinhart
Bedard/Thomas

Toews-Makar
Morrissey-Bouchard
Reilly-Dobson
Doughty

Hill
Binnington
Skinner
Solid forward selections. Good group of vets and youngsters. I don't think Reilly makes it on the backend and while I personally had Doughty pencilled in, I am more suspect with his injury timeline. Pietrangelo might be that veteran presence for Canada if has a strong start to the season.

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
Nate Mack was on Spittin' Chiclets today. End of the interview 4 Nations/Olympics came up and had some interesting things to say.

Was asked about the Nova Scotia line being a thing and he said not only would he enjoy playing with Marchand and Crosby because of the friendship/training buddies aspect but thinks it's a line that makes sense and whose play styles blend well.

Crucially, he said he's played a lot of RW in his day and feels very comfortable on RW. Marchand is a natural LW and Crosby of course a C.

Furthermore, Nate was asked about Marner (since he's been at a training camp with him) and said he's looked great and has been playing great as a pairing with McDavid. Hate Marner all you want but his play making, defence, and natural winger position makes him IMO a must have on this team.

A top 6 of:

Hyman - McDavid - Marner
Marchand - Crosby - Mackinnon

makes perfect sense to me and only guy out of position is Nate Dawg who already said he likes RW and has experience there.

McDavid & Hyman play 82 games a year together and fit like a glove on each others line. McDavid & Marner have apparently looked great together in a summer, player-led, training camp and Marchand/Crosby/Mack have trained together for years. You won't convince me that's not our perfect top 6.

With maybe some line combo changes, I really like the @BHawk21 bottom 6 + extras.

A combo of Johnston, Bedard, Reinhart, Point, Thomas, Suzuki, Barzal, Stamkos, seems perfect. Maybe Stamkos subbed out for a young gun like Laf or Byfield depending on how they play.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad