World Cup: Four Nations Tournament-Team Canada

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
Watched Winnipeg-Chicago tonight; I don’t know what they see in Adam Lowry, but apart from winning face offs he doesn’t really do anything special and had his pocket picked several times. Scheifele offers an interesting skillset and Morrisey is basically a lock.

Bedard needs to start driving play more 5v5, I’ve found his start this year pretty pedestrian compared to last year in terms of overall impact

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
This has got to be seen as a dress rehearsal for the olympics. If I ran Hockey Canada - and I honestly think random fans could do a better job, I would be looking at proving out my best roster for next year.

Dobson & Bouchard would get lots of action. If they take the next step to Elite defencemen the Canada's D would look alot better.

Guys like Owen Power would get a look because I can really see him breaking out in the next 16 months.

Same for Bedard and Celebrini.

The older guys like Crosby, Pietrangelo would get looks to see if they can still keep up on best on best.

This tournament is fun but I really care about the olympics.

Reactions: jj cale

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
This has got to be seen as a dress rehearsal for the olympics. If I ran Hockey Canada - and I honestly think random fans could do a better job, I would be looking at proving out my best roster for next year.

Dobson & Bouchard would get lots of action. If they take the next step to Elite defencemen the Canada's D would look alot better.

Guys like Owen Power would get a look because I can really see him breaking out in the next 16 months.

Same for Bedard and Celebrini.

The older guys like Crosby, Pietrangelo would get looks to see if they can still keep up on best on best.

This tournament is fun but I really care about the olympics.
I agree with this perspective. I do not think that Hockey Canada agrees. I'd be content for the four nations roster to be experimental and err on the side of youth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad