Former Referee and Officiating Director Calls out TOR-BOS Game 2 Officials.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
You knew who was reffing the game in the 60's and 70's. ... Most of the linesman as well. Maybe just because less teams meant fewer of them so you got used to seeing them.
Well, that and the name plate on their back.

4thlineduster

Jan 6, 2012
Matthews had a 4 game goal streak in the 2017 playoffs, but don't let facts get in the way of a bull**** narrative.
My apologies....apparently I used his whopping 7 points over 3 years in the playoffs (15 games to date) to fit my narrative.....

You’re right.....how dare I spout facts

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I didnt see the Boston media making excuses when McSorley whacked Brashear. Fans are going to be fans but the Toronto media is sickening with the victim blaming.

Every hot take in Toronto starts "Kadri shouldnt have done that but..."

There is no "but"

If you can follow the line of logic here, the refs lack of calls escalated a series of events in which DeBrusk participated in and ultimately got the worst of. Boston got the worst of it and is the victim but you're thumping your chests like the win was the result of some wild west environment.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
You knew who was reffing the game in the 60's and 70's. ... Most of the linesman as well. Maybe just because less teams meant fewer of them so you got used to seeing them.
Heh.. I definitely wouldn’t know who was reffing from the 60s to 90s

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
The article in the Toronto Sun citing a retired official from an hour outside Toronto forgot to mention Kadri hitting Krejci in the head in the hindsight penalty calling. No mention either when Krejci got called in a scrum but not the Leaf that initiated it. Maybe the Boston Globe can run a counter article and call those out for them?

member 96824

The article in the Toronto Sun citing a retired official from an hour outside Toronto forgot to mention Kadri hitting Krejci in the head in the hindsight penalty calling. No mention either when Krejci got called in a scrum but not the Leaf that initiated it. Maybe the Boston Globe can run a counter article and call those out for them?

I’d prefer they didn’t...

Reactions: jangerhofer

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
You mean when the game was over and they were calling the score?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
So using that logic why did Pastrnak get 2:00 minutes for charging?

I’m not really sure. Maybe because he was hauling ass? I guess what you’re saying is that it wasn’t the right call.

I didn’t necessarily agree with the charging penalty, but i haven’t let it ruin my weekend like some of the cherries in Toronto

Reactions: Mud the ACAS

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I dont know how anybody could watch game 2 and not be baffled by the officiating. That wasn't your typical let em play type of playoff game, that was downright embarrassing for NHL refs. They nip it in the bud in the first period and the 3rd period chaos doesnt happen. There could have been plenty more injuries than there was.
They let both sides get away with more than they should have.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I think Game 2 was almost the best thing that could have happened to the Leafs, aside from the impending Kadri suspension and the loss. Almost everyone has been critiquing all the penalties that weren't called, and as a result, the refs for Game 3 onward are going to call everything to avoid another Game 2 situation.

Penalties called favours the Leafs in my opinion, because the reason the Bruins run so much interference/holding/cross-checking is to control the Leafs speed. The same thing that happens to McDavid. If they're getting penalties for holding up the Leafs players, the Leafs should have an advantage as they should be quicker.

When the game is called by the book, the Leafs have the advantage. The Bruins benefit from the false pretense that 'playoff hockey' allows for you to be above the law.
Good luck with that. The refs don't call interference/holding/cross checking with any regularity in the regular season, and you think they are going to start calling it in the playoffs because of people critiquing game 2? People have critiqued the officiating on McDavid for almost 3 years, and in great detail in the Anaheim playoff series and nothing changed. That's how they call it in the playoffs and nothing is going to change.

Dec 15, 2002
Heh.. I definitely wouldn’t know who was reffing from the 60s to 90s
Trust me, when Ron Hoggarth and Denis Morel were NHL referees, you knew who they were - and you cringed every time you saw them take the ice before the start of a game, because you had no idea what the hell they were going to do, and neither did they.

Reactions: compan

knifer

Sep 4, 2006
yk
Haha this is crazy . People are complaining about penalties NOT being called in the playoffs. Welcome to hockey. Let the alphas decide which team is the best , not the refs.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
I looked for the hit on youtube but alas couldn't find it. I know for a fact he left his feet early and they replayed it a couple times. I would have to edit it out of the game tape, which I don't have. The penalty was about the only thing the refs got right last night.

No he didn’t. Proof please

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
You can’t even see his skates until after there is contact.

How is he clearly leaving his feet?

Responding to both sides here... Why does it matter if he left his feet or not? It was still a dirty play... 1) A charge 2) boarding 3) hit from behind....

Reactions: LeafsNation75
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad