Former Referee and Officiating Director Calls out TOR-BOS Game 2 Officials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Il Stugotz

Dude Good (good dude)
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
The refs set the tone from the very first shift when they let the Bruins mug the Leafs off the puck and not call anything. It was like a WWE match with a heel ref.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
The refs set the tone from the very first shift when they let the Bruins mug the Leafs off the puck and not call anything. It was like a WWE match with a heel ref.
We’re you even watching the same game?

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
So we had Sean Avery. Now we have a former official local to the area. Next we'll have the Toronto mayor saying game 2 was called unfairly.
Remember the Toronto police charging Bridgeman, Kelly, Watson, and Saleski with assault after a playoff game?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Toronto Sun. :laugh:

My favorite part:
So when Kadri cross-checked DeBrusk in the face as a retaliation for another questionable hit on Patrick Marleau that went uncalled, it was the result of a player who’s frustrations had boiled over. It was inexcusable. But [...]

Last edited:
Reactions: mouser

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Not surprising, it was a terribly called game. Quick sand is a perfect way to describe what happened.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The Toronto media is repulsive with the ref blaming and victim blaming. How far did they have to go down the Rolodex to find a ref that retired in 2000 where they could twist his words to make the Leafs the victims?

Reactions: Mosby

4thlineduster

Jan 6, 2012
If I’m a leafs fan I’d be more concerned that for the third straight year (of a 3 year career) Matthews is a no show in the playoffs.

But of course that’s not the reason they aren’t winning.....it’s the reffing conspiracy that’s out to get them.

Reactions: Bruin

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Man, you can really tell the fan bases that haven’t seen much playoff action over the last 20 years.

Here’s a secret kids. This **** has been going on for a long time now. It is, has and always will be this way.

Unless a team gets up by 5. Then the game managers step in. Aside from that don’t look to the stripes for help. They’re just around to keep things borderline within the law.
They have not been calling the interference enough on both sides. Plus they should call all the series at least in a similar fashion.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
If I’m a leafs fan I’d be more concerned that for the third straight year (of a 3 year career) Matthews is a no show in the playoffs.

But of course that’s not the reason they aren’t winning.....it’s the reffing conspiracy that’s out to get them.
Matthews was fine against Washington, even if he has been brutal vs. the B's.

It's crazy, but there can be multiple things that contribute to losses.

Nervousbreakdown

Jul 3, 2017

Matthews had a 4 game goal streak in the 2017 playoffs, but don't let facts get in the way of a bullshit narrative.

EXPECT THE LEAFS

May 7, 2016
Man, you can really tell the fan bases that haven’t seen much playoff action over the last 20 years.

Here’s a secret kids. This **** has been going on for a long time now. It is, has and always will be this way.

Unless a team gets up by 5. Then the game managers step in. Aside from that don’t look to the stripes for help. They’re just around to keep things borderline within the law.

when those 2 bruins caught high sticks in game 1 were penalties not called? but when Dermott gets elbowed to the face and draws blood, nothing. Tavares gets his face almost chopped off with a stick, nothing again.

Reactions: thunder16

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
If the team I cheered for got away with the first 0f many penalties less than a minute into that game I would be all for the refs that night.
I dont know how anybody could watch game 2 and not be baffled by the officiating. That wasn't your typical let em play type of playoff game, that was downright embarrassing for NHL refs. They nip it in the bud in the first period and the 3rd period chaos doesnt happen. There could have been plenty more injuries than there was.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I think Game 2 was almost the best thing that could have happened to the Leafs, aside from the impending Kadri suspension and the loss. Almost everyone has been critiquing all the penalties that weren't called, and as a result, the refs for Game 3 onward are going to call everything to avoid another Game 2 situation.

Penalties called favours the Leafs in my opinion, because the reason the Bruins run so much interference/holding/cross-checking is to control the Leafs speed. The same thing that happens to McDavid. If they're getting penalties for holding up the Leafs players, the Leafs should have an advantage as they should be quicker.

When the game is called by the book, the Leafs have the advantage. The Bruins benefit from the false pretense that 'playoff hockey' allows for you to be above the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad