Former Ducks 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Shit. I remember Burnett, he came in the year we signed Fedorov as the teams tough guy. Couldn’t skate at all but could fight as well as anyone.

RIP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
RIP

he's one of the few parts of that shitty 03-04 season i still remember. wasn't he involved in a bar fight years ago that left him in a coma?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
RIP

he's one of the few parts of that shitty 03-04 season i still remember. wasn't he involved in a bar fight years ago that left him in a coma?

Yeah, according to his Wikipedia he was in a coma for three weeks and had issues for years afterwards. I vaguely remember that being reported at the time too.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
Well crap, that's lousy news. I remember absolutely hating him when he was on the Sharks AHL team way, way, way back when as he'd regularly beat up assorted Cincinnati Mighty Ducks players. And of course loved him when he made his way to the Baby Ducks team (even have a bobble head of him from those years around here somewhere).

Quite glad to see that he when he got a chance with the big club. Couldn't skate/play for crap but good lord he could absorb punches while dealing out his own.

RIP

(re: his coma - from what I remember from the time, some clown in the bar kept pushing & pushing him "Oh, you were an enforcer in the NHL... you ain't so tough". When GB finally had enough & offered to step outside, the other guy went out first & then coldcocked/blindsided him when he stepped through the door - just an awful story)

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Wasn't it Burnett that made his debut with us by getting a triple minor? That distinction has to count for something.

edit - I'm wrong, it happened early in that season. 12/2/03 he had a triple minor against CBJ. Still, impressive. Can't remember anyone else doing that.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Wasn't it Burnett that made his debut with us by getting a triple minor? That distinction has to count for something.

edit - I'm wrong, it happened early in that season. 12/2/03 he had a triple minor against CBJ. Still, impressive. Can't remember anyone else doing that.
sometimes i miss the intensity and entertainment factor of the old NHL where you'd have guys who could barely skate playing on the 4th line just looking to take someone's head off the entire game

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
sometimes i miss the intensity and entertainment factor of the old NHL where you'd have guys who could barely skate playing on the 4th line just looking to take someone's head off the entire game
I get what you're saying but that was unhealthy for everybody. Lots of brain injuries and suicides later, I think we've had all we need of those days.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Can't imagine the Avs are too happy about him.

We all know he makes those bonehead turnovers more than he should. I am fine moving on from him, hopefully can find a physical and little younger #4D to play with Fowler.

I feel out of all the players we lost, should have kept and re-signed Lindholm. Sure, Rakell is producing now because he has been skating with Crosby and/or Malkin.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
next year if the team wants to keep fans at the ducks games, they should get us free chicken if we give up 5 goals

LOL!!! That was good.

Anyway, Last game I went to, I was really shell shocked with so many empty seats. Verbeek has to have that in his mind to at least ice a decent competitive team even if they are not contending. Myself, I'll still take my two trips a year to see them, and go to the games, But I live far away and it's more of a vacation trip with other things I am in town for, but I can understand the locals not wanting to go if there is a horrible product on the ice.

Reactions: GiveYouABagOfPucks

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
next year if the team wants to keep fans at the ducks games, they should get us free chicken if we give up 5 goals

And if they gave away free 7-Up for a goal scored against them i the last minute of each period, Ducks fans would have gotten a looooot of free 7-Up.

Reactions: Arthuros
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad