OT: Football thread (2024 season)

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
I never got this whole thing.

The Jets had one year where they were *checks notes* 7-10, and they thought a 39 year old coming off of a 91 QBR was going to do what, exactly? Get them over the hump?

They were never even at the hump.
I hated that trade from the beginning. Just a mess of an organization. Trying to always find a quick fix

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY

The Jets had one year where they were *checks notes* 7-10, and they thought a 39 year old coming off of a 91 QBR was going to do what, exactly? Get them over the hump?

Disagree. They were there and the Jets just decided over this offseason to strip down the defense (mainly on the defensive line) and Greg The Leg just declined out of nowhere after an all-pro year in 2023.

Hell, with a competent kicker, they'd have at least 2 more wins than they do now.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009

I mean I don't think it was crazy to look at what that team had going for it and think that the pieces were there for a top QB to take them to be a contender.

Thinking that Rodgers was going to be the right one (or that the Jets are ever allowed to have the right one) is another story.

Reactions: Rangerfan4life90

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

Records are sometimes deceiving. They had a top 10 defense. Maybe even top 5 on defense. They also have a top 10 WR imo. Breece Hall is a weapon. Their line has been poor and the rest of parts are not adding up. They do have legit probowlers on offense and defense. I do think they have some guys that may have attitude issues. Ditto for my Giants. Losing so many 1 score games tells me they have the guys to win but its something else on that team that is the problem. That talented a team had no business losing to NE. None.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey

Honestly I disagree. Going 7-10 with one of the worst QBs in the NFL and upgrading to Rodgers makes a lot of sense to me. Even if Rodgers was merely average I can see the vision. I really do get it.

The problem is he tore his Achilles 10 seconds into the season and pretty much ended the “era” right then and there.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Honestly I disagree. Going 7-10 with one of the worst QBs in the NFL and upgrading to Rodgers makes a lot of sense to me. Even if Rodgers was merely average I can see the vision. I really do get it.

The problem is he tore his Achilles 10 seconds into the season and pretty much ended the “era” right then and there.

They also should have found a way to upgrade the Oline instead of getting Reddick. Rodgers might get mad but if I'm them I start stretching out the offensive sets and then giving Breece Hall a chance to break some 30-50 yard runs against some stretched out defenses. Could also try it via the pass. I view Hall and Wilson as legit game breaking threats. If I could turn the Evan Neal pick back in for Garret Wilson I would be thrilled beyond belief.

Reactions: majordomo

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Two years ago they were talking about this 7-10 like it was a juggernaut. Really became a hater then. It was insufferable.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Even as a Giants fan, I don't root against the Jets. Only time I even disliked them was during the Rex Ryan Era when he went out of his way to try and shit on the Giants.

At this point, NYC football is in such a sorry state, I'd take either team having a little success. Rodgers is a very unlikable person, though. No real issues with the rest of the roster, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad