GDT: Ottawa Senators at Colorado Snowslides| 9PM EST | TSN5, RDS1, ESPN+ | Must win situation™ - Late Night Edition

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
This season, our PP is due for a statistical regression, which means we can expect even less offensive production.
the PP last year was not good, this year has been great. Yes, no team keeps up at 40%.
The sum of PP + PK needs to be over 100.
Last year TB had the highest at 111.9

Currently running at 115.6, but 5 on 5 needs to improve.

Emrasie

Mar 13, 2019
For me D is good this year but not good enough to overpass the level of offense we have (5vs5). It's just bad, they can't make 3 clean passes on a row.
It's brutal, they are good on the rush but placed not so much and against top teams, well structured ones you need to.
Now why is it this poor ? Lack of talent, Green coaching? I don't know. The two maybe.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
so we lost 2 games in exceptionally close fashion. Against 2 of the 3 most recent Stanly Cup champs. And these were games 2 and 3 of that 3 game western road trip!!

this is actually a good result. Not as good as wining those games, I grant you. But all told, excellent results.

In the past, it would have been 2-4 goal loses, with the game being over at the end of the first period.

None of the 3 games were us playing monkey in the middle.

Once these same 3 Western teams come to Ottawa, it may be 3 wins for the Sens.
Basically this. It was always going to be a tough 3 game road trip. We won the game we were supposed to, and were minutes away from getting at least a point in the other two games.

The level of play against Vegas was good. Not so great against Colorado. Let's see how they rebound against the Blues.

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
honestly the reason I think Ullmark isn’t starting is because they have a 4 hour flight home to fight and play on Tuesday and they don’t want Ullmark playing and grit getting treatment for his injury and being on a plane and they want Ullmark to star at home vs St Louis

That’s my take anyways
I think they went to Forsberg because of his outstanding peformance in Utah + Ullmark was very rusty in the Vegas game, called himself out. I don't think it's because Ullmark couldn't play, otherwise, he wouldn't have been the backup.

I don't want to worry.....but I'm worried. We really need Ullmark to be able to play a good 50 games a year. I get this year will likely be a bit lower starting out with an injury and all, but jeez. Can't help but think there's a goalie curse on this franchise.
I think it was the coach's decision who would start, otherwise if Ullmark were injured, he wouldn't be the backup.

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
I hope
Last night was an outlier in terms of defensive play this season. We’ve been pretty tight. I suspect we will get back to that and Ullmark will play like Ullmark. Will we continue to score 5 every game? No. Will the other team continue to score 6? Also no
I hope you are right about Ullmark. I'll believe it when I see it consistently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad