OT: Football thread (2024 season)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I keep up with what’s going on just to make fun of them and laugh about NYJ general existence with other fans. They’ve been so bad and irrelevant for so long that I literally just can’t get myself to care anymore. The Knicks and jets fandom seriously like expired in my brain from being ass forever

Knicks are good again though. I actually used to be a Knicks fan and now I've become a hater because to me they're competing with the Rangers for garden supremacy.

Ben Grimm

Kick out the jams! 🎸
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Davante walks in as the new guy and says "There was a lack of energy last week". What a douche. We used to beat up new guys who came in and talked negative crap about the team's performance before they started and I'm still proud of that over 4 decades later.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
NFL is a garbage league

The NFL product might be the worst it's ever been. Even the high flying offense of previous years that was kind of ridiculous is gone. But it's not because of good or exciting defense, the offense sucks so much. It used to be that you'd turn on SNF and 4 times out of 5 you'd see a stud quarterback. Now even Mahomes isn't doing shit.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Imagine being any QB (or RB) going to play against Pittsburgh and knowing that your line may be Neal-Van Roten-Schmitz-Runyon-Ezuedo. I might call in sick. :D

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
So I turned on the Jets game for a second out of morbid curiosity and witnessed: two timeouts wasted within a couple plays to not incur delay of game penalties and in between, a play where the Jets center snapped the ball into his own ass.... :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: this is high comedy folks.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
So I turned on the Jets game for a second out of morbid curiosity and witnessed: two timeouts wasted within a couple plays to not incur delay of game penalties and in between, a play where the Jets center snapped the ball into his own ass.... :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: this is high comedy folks.
And they still score a TD by getting 2 DPI on 3rd downs, and Greg the Smeg beefs the PAT. There really is no one like the Jets

• Haha
Reactions: JCProdigy

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I'm not bashing the Jets or Rodgers. I cant argue with 2 tds but if I was a RB I would wonder why they are passing on 1st and goal from the 1 and 2 yard line. Is it for stats or they have no faith in their RBs/line to gain a yard?

• Love
Reactions: majordomo

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Even winning, The NY Rodgers are not making me feel warm and fuzzy. I will be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy when this "era" is over.

I'm not bashing the Jets or Rodgers. I cant argue with 2 tds but if I was a RB I would wonder why they are passing on 1st and goal from the 1 and 2 yard line. Is it for stats or they have no faith in their RBs/line to gain a yard?
BASH BASH BASH!!! There -- I did it for you.

They have consistently shown they can't get the ball in. The O-Line doesn't control the line of scrimmage and can't push the defenders back or even keep defenders from pushing the O-Line back.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Even winning, The NY Rodgers are not making me feel warm and fuzzy. I will be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy when this "era" is over.

BASH BASH BASH!!! There -- I did it for you.

They have consistently shown they can't get the ball in. The O-Line doesn't control the line of scrimmage and can't push the defenders back or even keep defenders from pushing the O-Line back.
Just feels weird not to even attempt a run when you have 4 downs from the 1 yard line. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Ben Grimm

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I agree wholeheartedly.....unfortunately their coaching staff doesn't.

What a great return.

I'm curious who is making that decision. Is it the coach? Hackett? Rodgers? Sometimes when I see that around the league on teams with good lines and backs I think its just to stat pad. Even with a bad line if you spread the defense out by going 3 or 4 at WR its pretty hard not to pick up 1 yard in 3-4 downs at the goal line.

Reactions: Ben Grimm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad