Confirmed with Link: Flyers trade Cutter Gauthier to Anaheim for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Drysdale still sux....

A cross between Karl Dykhuis and Andrew McDonald. Can only hope my original comparison of Matt Carle comes true as a consolation...

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Both players are question marks, Gauthier just got benched after 4 games and Drysdale is a work in progress. The 2nd rd pick should be top 40.

I expect Gauthier to be a better version of Tippett, good goal scorer who is meh otherwise.
But getting benched on a bad team after two years of college is not a good look.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Both players are question marks, Gauthier just got benched after 4 games and Drysdale is a work in progress. The 2nd rd pick should be top 40.

I expect Gauthier to be a better version of Tippett, good goal scorer who is meh otherwise.
But getting benched on a bad team after two years of college is not a good look.
Getting called out by your coach saying you don't know how to play is a worse look.

He seems to have confidence issues.....maybe the injuries have affected his psyche a bit. Hopefully, he snaps out of it but he does look rather bad on D....
One can hope. All the Flyers can do at this point is be patient. My hope is he is healthy and plays 75 games. Then you build on that and hope the rest comes.

What I really wonder is how long it takes the coach to distance himself from the player and the trade. Then put him in the Torts house.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Drysdale has looked better so far this season, and that's without Seeler.

As far as Gauthier:

Seems from Canuck fans he just floats around, got benched for a failed back check that led to a goal.

Another player who put on 20 lbs in the offseason. :nod:

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Drysdale has looked better so far this season, and that's without Seeler.

As far as Gauthier:

Seems from Canuck fans he just floats around, got benched for a failed back check that led to a goal.

Another player who put on 20 lbs in the offseason. :nod:

JD has looked terrible. Adding no value at all so far.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
No one should give a shit about 3 games. Your point isn't proven right or wrong in that sample. It's sour grapes to even care. Hell, Drysdale hasn't come within an astronomical unit of his first 3 game sample as a Flyer.

But many of us were skeptical that Gauthier could play center; we pegged him in his draft year as a long-range shot-happy floater; and we saw a nice complementary scorer (which he'll probably still be) over a cornerstone. We'll see what's true, but that was always our scouting report, and when he was Flyers property there was pretending none of those were possibly true. And @FLYguy3911 was calling Drysdale a less than the sum of his parts offensive player in 2020. Not Scott Niedermayer. We'll do the same with Luchanko -- time is a flat circle.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I wonder if Luchanko would be on the team or even have been drafted (given how hard they draft for "need") if they hadn't lost Gauthier.

I'd bet my life savings they would have shoehorned Cutter into the center spot.

Tippett-Frost-Michkov
Foerster-Gauthier-Konecny
Farabee-Couturier-Brink
Laughton-Poehling-Hathaway

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
No one should give a shit about 3 games. Your point isn't proven right or wrong in that sample. It's sour grapes to even care. Hell, Drysdale hasn't come within an astronomical unit of his first 3 game sample as a Flyer.

But many of us were skeptical that Gauthier could play center; we pegged him in his draft year as a long-range shot-happy floater; and we saw a nice complementary scorer (which he'll probably still be) over a cornerstone. We'll see what's true, but that was always our scouting report, and when he was Flyers property there was pretending none of those were possibly true. And @FLYguy3911 was calling Drysdale a less than the sum of his parts offensive player in 2020. Not Scott Niedermayer. We'll do the same with Luchanko -- time is a flat circle.

No one is worse at scouting Flyers prospects than the Flyers. Its astonishing.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

To be fair, in retrospect, looking like a thin draft, D+3 only a few players have played until this season.
#1 Slavkovsky 125g
#2 Nemec 66g
#3 Cooley 87g
#4 Wright 20g
#5 Gauthier 4g
#6 Jiricek 47g
#7 Korchinski 76g
#8 Kasper 1g
#9 Savoie 1g
#10 Mintyukov 66g
#11 Geekie 2g
#12 Mateychuk
#13 Nazar 3g
#14 McGroarty 3g
#54 Piotras 54g

I'd say Mintyukov looks like the best player after #5, Korchinksi, Jiricek and not much else.
Of course, this may change the next couple years, but odds are none will be close to elite.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I wonder if Luchanko would be on the team or even have been drafted (given how hard they draft for "need") if they hadn't lost Gauthier.

I'd bet my life savings they would have shoehorned Cutter into the center spot.

Tippett-Frost-Michkov
Foerster-Gauthier-Konecny
Farabee-Couturier-Brink
Laughton-Poehling-Hathaway
I'll always be convinced Luchanko growing up a Flyers fan played a factor in drafting him.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
No one is worse at scouting Flyers prospects than the Flyers. Its astonishing.

I've brought this up several times, but the Flyers have a total organizational block on trading ELC players. Not even talking prospects still in junior. Play a game if you want: find me the last one, then find me the one before.

Sbisa and....? Sbisa also wasn't necessarily a judgment call

We can litigate how the Flyers aren't good at aspects of drafting, but it doesn't take much to prove how high their opinion is of themselves. I don't think they ever steel man an argument about any of their prospects, which leads to thoughts of selling high. All while oddly not pumping their prospects' values. I think they don't care about pumping value because they assume they'll eventually hit within the organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad