Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign Martin Jones (1 Yr - $2M)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
R.075b6c977a01529ad11b4bd468e60c5a

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
A. Fing Carchidi tweeted "Elliott 1 year 900k #Flyers". I opened twitter and had a heart attack until I realized he was going to Tampa.

B. Jones is not ideal,other than being capable of being of playing a lot of games. Chuck has a lot of faith in his new D.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The Flyers desperately tossed away valuable assets to free the cap space that became Ristolainen, Atkinson, Jones? Did we upgrade at any spot? Afterwards year’s goaltending the need for a premium backup was important……or not. Maybe it’s because Chuck actually does simply think the team was Poor Defensively. This team could flop, but at least Chuck made some insane changes.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Like the contract compared to what the other goalies out there have gotten. Halak is the only one I’d prefer to this.

Hard to know whether or not he’ll rebound but he should be motivated to earn another deal. He comes with a decent pedigree despite just being bought out.
Halak got less money... UGH

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Eh, he's the backup on a one-year deal. If we are relying on our backup for an extended period, we're already in trouble regardless of who that is. This isn't a long-term plan and this team is not likely to do anything this year anyway. I'm on board with this. Worst case scenario we have a shitty backup on a one-year $2 million deal. Best case scenario we have a capable backup for $2 million for one year. That's pretty much the same with whomever they were going to sign. Even the guy that is the consensus best option (Brossoit) isn't very good.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Would have liked to trade for someone more reliable.

I'm not going to bitch about this signing. An NHL GM made it

This has become one of the most bizarrely oft-repeated strawman on this board, which is actually impressive

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Would have liked to trade for someone more reliable.

This has become one of the most bizarrely oft-repeated strawman on this board, which is actually impressive

It's actually just a running joke because I was not making any argument, so it can not be counted as a straw man, but thanks.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Eh, he's the backup on a one-year deal. If we are relying on our backup for an extended period, we're already in trouble regardless of who that is. This isn't a long-term plan and this team is not likely to do anything this year anyway. I'm on board with this. Worst case scenario we have a shitty backup on a one-year $2 million deal. Best case scenario we have a capable backup for $2 million for one year. That's pretty much the same with whomever they were going to sign. Even the guy that is the consensus best option (Brossoit) isn't very good.
Most backups will play around 30 games this year due to the schedule. WE ARE f***ED...

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I’m going to maintain my view that goaltending was the biggest need to actually improve this off season.

Hart had a downright terrible year, and has shown some concern with staying healthy.

If there is one position that could actually sink a club, it’s goaltending. If there is one position that for years HAS actually helped sink this club, it’s been goaltending.

Solution: Martin Jones

I remember when Hextall got rightfully torched for going with Elliot and Neuvirth. This team is hilarious, and they rightfully get blasted outside of Philadelphia for their goaltending woes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad