Seravalli: Flyers interested in Lawson Crouse

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
For a guy who gets top level second line ES ice time on an historically bad team that gets caved on the ice almost everywhere to have an expected goals against this good is just outstanding. To have even slightly above average RAPM numbers across the board on this Arizona team is as well. He's not an offensive play driver and never will be but definitely has enough strength and finish to be a complimentary winger on a good team. This is a good visual of how well-rounded he is.

Add to that his physicality and special teams ability (top 25 league wide in SH TOI and also is a load down low on the PP) - and the fact that at 24, shows great inherent leadership qualities and plays a team-focused game and that he's still getting better and evolving. The blend of size and toughness with intelligence is not common - and he's got it.

IFQ6hro.png

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Not sure why you’d stay that. He’s a selke dark horse. He’s a hell of a defensive forward and his a big body that plays an aggressive, fast and heavy game. You don’t think that’s worth a pick around 25th OA? Sounds like a playoff style hockey player to me. Kinda Sam Bennett like.

he’ll fetch a first if traded. You’ll see and I’ll LOL.

I’m an Avs fan so I have no dog in this fight.

Last edited:

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
Would love Crouse on the Avs, a line of Crouse-Newhook-Nichushkin would be an absolute pain in the ass to play against. Difficult to know what would get that deal done though.

As a non-Avs fan I would not like this to happen. That would be a miserable to deal with for opponents especially since that’d be your third line to my knowledge.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Would love Crouse on the Avs, a line of Crouse-Newhook-Nichushkin would be an absolute pain in the ass to play against. Difficult to know what would get that deal done though.
Crouse ought to be very, very expensive to acquire. 20-20-40 on the one of the worst teams in history. If the Coach was forced to name a captain, it’s probably Crouse. He plays PK and PP, is solid in all thee zones. He has tremendous size and actually uses it, and is also a great skater despite it. And he’s young. And cheap.

I can’t understand why Arizona would trade him. And I hope they won’t. But if they do, I’m guessing the price would be really high.

Personally, I’d MUCH rather have Crouse than a draft pick in the 22-32 range. And I don’t see teams offering more than that. So if he’s traded, I don’t think I’ll be happy.

Funny thing is that most of the dorks on this website will be laughing and saying AZ ripped the other team off and AZ fans will be utterly depressed. People who don’t watch hockey will think a late 1st was too high a price. Crouse fans will know it wasn’t enough.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Not sure why you’d stay that. He’s a selke dark horse. He’s a hell of a defensive forward and his a big body that plays an aggressive, fast and heavy game. You don’t think that’s worth a pick around 25th OA? Sounds like a playoff style hockey player to me. Kinda Sam Bennett like.

he’ll fetch a first if traded. You’ll see and I’ll LOL.

I’m an Avs fan so I have no dog in this fight.
With the Avs, the only thing I could see is if maybe AZ moves Chychrun and gets a package from STL that involves Neighbors, Kostin, Perunovich and Picks. Now they need to improve the blueline fast, and they’ve acquired gritty young wingers. So maybe a Crouse for Barron type deal could materialize. Then maybe Kessel to NYR at 50% for Matthew Robertson. AZ loses Crouse long-term but gains Neighbors and Kostin.

They lose Chychrun long-term but gain Barron, Perunovich, and Robertson long-term. Effectively turning one young winger into multiple and one young defender into multiple.

Som convoluted effort to completely restock the cupboards at warp speed, leaving a solidly nothing on the NHL roster but suddenly being just utterly loaded up at every prospect position (remembering that Guenther, Doan and Fedotov are wingers and Moser is a D). If they draft a bunch of centers with their (would be) 4 1sts and 5 2nds.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
With the Avs, the only thing I could see is if maybe AZ moves Chychrun and gets a package from STL that involves Neighbors, Kostin, Perunovich and Picks. Now they need to improve the blueline fast, and they’ve acquired gritty young wingers. So maybe a Crouse for Barron type deal could materialize. Then maybe Kessel to NYR at 50% for Matthew Robertson. AZ loses Crouse long-term but gains Neighbors and Kostin.

They lose Chychrun long-term but gain Barron, Perunovich, and Robertson long-term. Effectively turning one young winger into multiple and one young defender into multiple.

Som convoluted effort to completely restock the cupboards at warp speed, leaving a solidly nothing on the NHL roster but suddenly being just utterly loaded up at every prospect position (remembering that Guenther, Doan and Fedotov are wingers and Moser is a D). If they draft a bunch of centers with their (would be) 4 1sts and 5 2nds.
I don’t think the Avs are your trading partner. They don’t need Crouse as much as other teams will. They’ll be a big market for Lawson. Sell him to the highest bidder.

Kuemper really rounding into form for the Avs. He’s been awesome since December.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Crouse ought to be very, very expensive to acquire. 20-20-40 on the one of the worst teams in history. If the Coach was forced to name a captain, it’s probably Crouse. He plays PK and PP, is solid in all thee zones. He has tremendous size and actually uses it, and is also a great skater despite it. And he’s young. And cheap.

I can’t understand why Arizona would trade him. And I hope they won’t. But if they do, I’m guessing the price would be really high.

Personally, I’d MUCH rather have Crouse than a draft pick in the 22-32 range. And I don’t see teams offering more than that. So if he’s traded, I don’t think I’ll be happy.

Funny thing is that most of the dorks on this website will be laughing and saying AZ ripped the other team off and AZ fans will be utterly depressed. People who don’t watch hockey will think a late 1st was too high a price. Crouse fans will know it wasn’t enough.

To be fair, Crouse is probably the exact guy they should be trading.

His minuscule contract for this year makes him incredibly valuable to a lot of teams. The fact that they get control beyond this year means teams should be willing to part with less "expendable" pieces.

Chychrun is going to be extremely difficult to replace. Crouse should be easier, especially that the Coyotes only have 3 forwards under contract for next year.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I don’t think the Avs are your trading partner. They don’t need Crouse as much as other teams will. They’ll be a big market for Lawson. Sell him to the highest bidder.

Kuemper really rounding into form for the Avs. He’s been awesome since December.

They don't need Crouse, but his acquisition could push the team over the top with an element that they don't have a lot of. Similar to how Tampa didn't need Coleman and Goodrow, but those guys helped their depth and gave them a significant advantage come playoff time.

Reactions: YotesFan47

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Crouse is currently having the best season of his career and it's not by chance. Tocchet was the worst thing for Crouse's development. Crouse and Keller are finally showing who they were drafted to be and that's because they are no longer playing for a coach that neuters their offensive ability. This is not the same player we saw under Tocchet. Tourigny is giving Crouse a lot of opportunity and he is currently making the most of it. He was rushed to the NHL too quickly and it has taken longer for him to develop. I do think this is the turning point of his career and he is finally putting it all together. I don't want the Coyotes to trade him.
The only thing I would add/change is that Crouse is a power forward, those dudes need a little more time in the oven to hit their potential. He's been baking (under the wrong temp) for 4 years. We fixed the temp and he's starting to really cook up nicely.

Last edited:

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Is there any Phoenix player available to acquire without giving up a 1st?
I would put Keller, Crouse, Chychrun, Gostisbehere, and Moser in the 1st+ category currently. Moser is there based on potential and his unreal play since being called up.

There are a few more that could maybe get one based on demand but in my opinion, those 5 have earned a 1st minimum as a return.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Do you mean in the NHL or just with the Coyotes?

The defensemen have materialized nicely. Okhotyuk looked excellent in the preseason, and he has been a minutes leader in Utica. Bahl was steady in the handful of NHL games he has played this year. Graeme Clarke (C/RW) is a scorer who hasn't yet seen NHL action, but might get a cup of coffee later this year (especially if/when management realizes Holtz is nowhere near ready and needs to be sent down). All three guys are playing on our AHL-leading Utica team.

The above wouldn't be the extent of my offer; I just genuinely think the 67s connection is an interesting one given the raw state of the Coyotes, the need for some degree of cohesion, and their hoard of picks this year. Their 2022 draft class will set the future up nicely, but I wonder if it'd be worthwhile to acquire "older young guys" that will be established when the 2022 kids step in.

In addition to the 67s grab-bag, I'd have Mukhamadullin on the table. Jesper Boqvist has scored above PPG in Utica and is certainly ready for a full-time center role, which will be difficult in New Jersey with Mercer establishing himself. I'd probably part with Chase Stillman, but if I'm trading him, the total package going to Arizona would be smaller. 2nd rounders are also available.

Just an interesting twist to the Crouse conversation. If Arizona prefers a 1st (which, for the record, they could 100% get in a Crouse deal), I don't blame them.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I like the player, just not sure if it's the best way for Philly to spend a first rounder at this point. If they were already contending I'd be fine with it but they are more than a Lawson Crouse away from being the team they need to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad