Seravalli: Flyers interested in Lawson Crouse

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
He’s on pace for 20g 20a 40pt (on a historically bad team with zero offense and no talent) 200hits and 4 fights. He’s 6’4 225, skates well, is solid in all three zones, is seen as a leader on the team, is young and cheap.

Name three other guys in the league that fit the above description.
Yeah, pretty much everybody should be interested in Lawson Crouse. I would love to add him to the Oilers too, but I expect he will cost a 1st and we need that to (hopefully) fix our goalie issue.

Reactions: banks

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
He averages less than 30 points a season... Those are 4th line numbers. He plays second line minutes with Kessel and plays on the 1st pp which props his numbers a bit but don't kid yourself, 54 points in 148 ges is not impressive nor is it anything more than mediocre bottom 6 production at best
30 points a year is more 3rd line numbers. Crouse is basically the prototypical 3rd line banger.

Reactions: Heldig

Love

Feb 29, 2012
It feels like Lawson Crouse has been traded 5 times and yet he’s only ever played for one NHL team

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
He averages less than 30 points a season... Those are 4th line numbers. He plays second line minutes with Kessel and plays on the 1st pp which props his numbers a bit but don't kid yourself, 54 points in 148 ges is not impressive nor is it anything more than mediocre bottom 6 production at best

Signed,
- Aguywholookedathisstatsfor90secondsontheinternetandthenpretendedtobetheexpertwhileeveryonewhoactuallypaysattentionunanimouslyandrelentlesslyexplainedthathe'sflatoutwrong

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Avatar bet what? That he fetches a 1st?
That he's an important player somewhere over the next 1-8 years and not 'lmao a 4th liner'. (I'm not saying he has one good year in the next 8, I'm saying the vast majority of the next 8 years, if not all of them).

Whether that mean's he's a puck retriever on a top line, a dangerous complimentary 2nd liner, or a centerpiece of a 3rd line, he will be important to a team.

If he is only a 4th liner, then you win and I will do any avatar you want. If he is substantially more than that, I choose any avatar for you that I want.

It's okay, I know that you know your take was shit and you aren't going to stand behind it.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
That he's an important player somewhere over the next 1-8 years and not 'lmao a 4th liner'. (I'm not saying he has one good year in the next 8, I'm saying the vast majority of the next 8 years, if not all of them).

Whether that mean's he's a puck retriever on a top line, a dangerous complimentary 2nd liner, or a centerpiece of a 3rd line, he will be important to a team.

If he is only a 4th liner, then you win and I will do any avatar you want. If he is substantially more than that, I choose any avatar for you that I want.

It's okay, I know that you know your take was shit and you aren't going to stand behind it.
You want me to make a bet with you over an 8 year span? Lol I won't even remember who you are on 8 days

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
You want me to make a bet with you over an 8 year span? Lol I won't even remember who you are on 8 days
I was trying to give you some better odds to be charitable because I think it's rude to pick on people who are humiliating themselves and can't stop doubling down instead of just owning up to bluster and mistakes.

Okay, over the next year and a half. I could make it a month because he's considerably more important on Arizona right now, but you'll say 'they're not an nhl team XD', so I gather a trade has to happen for you to admit you are wrong.

You pick the time paramater. How about one day? If so, I want your avatar to be a box of text that says, "sometimes it's better to admit I'm wrong, this is my reminder". And I want you to have it for a year.

How long do you want?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If you can't give Crouse top 6 mins on your team (18-19 mins a night), I'd be hesitant to stay away from trading a 1st and and good prospect.

Reactions: 13pacheco31

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
I was trying to give you some better odds to be charitable because I think it's rude to pick on people who are humiliating themselves and can't stop doubling down instead of just owning up to bluster and mistakes.

Okay, over the next year and a half. I could make it a month because he's considerably more important on Arizona right now, but you'll say 'they're not an nhl team XD', so I gather a trade has to happen for you to admit you are wrong.

You pick the time paramater. How about one day? If so, I want your avatar to be a box of text that says, "sometimes it's better to admit I'm wrong, this is my reminder". And I want you to have it for a year.

How long do you want?
I can definitely admit when I'm wrong, but the general consensus on htboard tends to be wrong a lot. I honestly don't know what exactly you want me to bet on here. Is he gonna be traded for a first? Probably not considering they already have 4 firsts this year, they probably prefer prospects and players.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I can definitely admit when I'm wrong, but the general consensus on htboard tends to be wrong a lot. I honestly don't know what exactly you want me to bet on here. Is he gonna be traded for a first? Probably not considering they already have 4 firsts this year, they probably prefer prospects and players.
So you're backing off your take.

We can use whatever typical metric you want. He will be higher than 9th on his team in hits, shots, goals, (probably) assists, points, +/- relative corsi, etc etc etc.

You called him a 4th liner. It will be absolutely undeniable that he is considerably higher than that. If he is traded, it will be for a 1st (at least) or equivalent value, but that's not even our argument. Our argument is "Is he a 4th liner?"

You're going to back off of this so save everyone some time and just admit you talked out of your ass.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
Ya, it was silly of him to think you'd pay attention to Crouse moving forward, when it's clear that you've never bothered to pay attention to him yet.
I really don't care enough to watch a team from a different time zone as me just to win a bet in 8 years. If this guy was a leaf, you'd be saying he's an average 4th liner who's worth a 3rd

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
So you're backing off your take.

We can use whatever typical metric you want. He will be higher than 9th on his team in hits, shots, goals, (probably) assists, points, +/- relative corsi, etc etc etc.

You called him a 4th liner. It will be absolutely undeniable that he is considerably higher than that. If he is traded, it will be for a 1st (at least) or equivalent value, but that's not even our argument. Our argument is "Is he a 4th liner?"

You're going to back off of this so save everyone some time and just admit you talked out of your ass.
Okay so if his value isn't your bet what is your bet?

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I really don't care enough to watch a team from a different time zone as me just to win a bet in 8 years. If this guy was a leaf, you'd be saying he's an average 4th liner who's worth a 3rd
"I don't care".

Would be fine except you spoke like you knew about him.

I'm not accosting you on the streets and saying you aren't a real Leaf's fan because you don't know Arizona's best players.

You spoke with authority on his quality and now you are slinking away.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
No fan base has a more appreciation of Crouse than Avs fans – who were pretty much convinced he was going to be the pick in 2015 before Mikko fell into our laps. For a few years here that appreciation was borderline irrational but with Crouse starting to take off from a developmental standpoint – there’s no doubt he’d be a great finishing piece to a ridiculously good roster.

I’m just thinking – heading into the playoffs…you have Landeskog on line 1. A healthy Nuke back on line 2. And then Crouse one line 3? You’ve now supplied each line with a big, strong two-way winger who creates space, cleans up the net area and is a bear along the boards. That’s balance…and that’s complimenting the skill guys nicely. I'd go to battle with that and have zero worries about matching up against a big, strong team like Vegas with a more versatile team than last season.

I can envision Crouse being a tremendous running mate to give the precocious young Newhook…Newhook is pretty lightweight still but is so crafty and slick and can make things happen with the slightest amount of space. Crouse provides that space, some experience and some leadership next to him.

It also is a backup plan in case Nuke leaves next summer to take all the cash (which he’s earned). Crouse simply slides into that roll moving forward. Or ideally – keep both.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I know as a Devils fans “being tough, work hard, and beat up the team they're playing against every single night” is exactly how I would describe Claude Giroux’s play. Real gritty lunch pail guy, if only that thug had some offensive creativity.

Giroux and Risto are, but that's pretty much it. I wouldn't call it an identity or anything.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
You pick my avatar.
If he gets traded to another team, I predict he will be play on the 4th line and his offense will drop dramatically. That's my bet, as far as what avatar you put up if I'm right, quite frankly, I don't care cause this is a pointless bet with an anonymous stranger online

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
The flyers biggest issue has been bad luck with career ending injuries to captains Primeau, Pronger, and basically Lindros. Patrick was always damaged goods, but he’s a long way away from being Malkin at 2OA. The same level of issue is their coaching hires and talent evaluation. It’s not a good stretch and they need to fire Fletcher and do a compete rebuild.

You are not trading Frost for Crouse.

I didn't say that, like at all.

The issue with Philly now is they always try way... too hard to be good.

Ironworker

Dec 2, 2021
I am, and have been a Flyers fan for thirty years. The Flyers haven't had a 'tough' identity on the ice in at least 10 years, probably more.

I understand that there is a stereotype that seems to not die, but our style of play is the polar opposite of tough. If we're being honest, I'd say the Flyers don't actually have an identity anymore, but thara here nor there, I suppose. I wouldn't even call this team 'scrappy' anymore - which is what I'd have likely called it back in the early 2010s.
The reality of the Flyers is that they are a groups of either soft low effort player or players that cant think the game and fold like lawn chairs under pressure. They have not been the Fyers I watched the first 25 years of my life in 10+ years. I actually loathe this team. The players have been bailed out for over 10 seasons and the coach always takes the blame. I've said it before and I'll say it again, every player on this current roster will never win the cup in Philadelphia. They did a half assed rebuild around a bad core group and this team is a solid 7 years away from really having a chance to contend for anything. Smaller, weaker, dumber and no creativity is the Flyers current idea how to build a team.

IrishFin

Jun 9, 2016
Crouse is currently having the best season of his career and it's not by chance. Tocchet was the worst thing for Crouse's development. Crouse and Keller are finally showing who they were drafted to be and that's because they are no longer playing for a coach that neuters their offensive ability. This is not the same player we saw under Tocchet. Tourigny is giving Crouse a lot of opportunity and he is currently making the most of it. He was rushed to the NHL too quickly and it has taken longer for him to develop. I do think this is the turning point of his career and he is finally putting it all together. I don't want the Coyotes to trade him.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Crouse is currently having the best season of his career and it's not by chance. Tocchet was the worst thing for Crouse's development. Crouse and Keller are finally showing who they were drafted to be and that's because they are no longer playing for a coach that neuters their offensive ability. This is not the same player we saw under Tocchet. Tourigny is giving Crouse a lot of opportunity and he is currently making the most of it. He was rushed to the NHL too quickly and it has taken longer for him to develop. I do think this is the turning point of his career and he is finally putting it all together. I don't want the Coyotes to trade him.
Everyone needs to shut up and listen to this guy. He knows what he’s talking about.

Reactions: Dead Coyote

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad