Seravalli: Flyers interested in Lawson Crouse

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Will get a late first+good prospect if dealt. That may get some laughs from peanut gallery who just look at point totals and think the Coyotes are a joke but I’ll bet the house he’s got some big time admirers around the league.

Unique and rare game in todays NHL, has taken a big step up this year in responsibilities, just starting to scratch his potential offensively and still young and won’t break the bank as an RFA this summer on next contract.

He has the potential to be a more truculent Nichushkin with the right role on the right team in the next few years.

He’s the kind of guy teams love to add for a playoff run except he’s not 30 and a rental for a year or a year and a half - you’re getting him on the upswing. Some shrewd org will pay the price, probably get laughed at for overpaying on this forum and then a year or two from now look like they knew exactly what they were doing.

Last edited:

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Crouse and Philly’s 2022 2nd (from Ghost trade)
for
Frost and Philly 2023 1st (top 3 protected)

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Might I ask if you're a true Flyers fan? I honestly really dislike the Flyers, but it's no secret they'll always have the identity of being tough, work hard, and beat up the team they're playing against every single night, correction try that is if they don't suck. They're not known as the Broad Street Bullies for nothing.

Players that match the Flyers description that played for them: Bernie Parent, Bobby Clarke, Eric Lindros, Chris Pronger, Mike Richards, Claude Giroux, Rod Brind'Amour, Keith Primeau, Mark Recchi, Kevin Dineen (but I consider him more a Whaler), those are the kind of examples of players who played the ideal game the Flyers expect people to play. Lawson Crouse would fit the Flyers like a glove, similar to when they went out and got Daniel Carcillo.

But I think personally they've shown more to sellout, try way... too hard to be good and overpay terrible ex-superstars to the dumbest contracts. The dumbest excuse I ever heard is people in Philly work very, very hard and expect a lot from their sports teams. Honestly, as stressful as a team are the Flyers are to manage, I'd definitely go the young route and build around young players only.
i would cry when it wouldnt bet that bad..... The flyers playing soft for 10 years now! Everyone with eyes in his head can see it!

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Might I ask if you're a true Flyers fan? I honestly really dislike the Flyers, but it's no secret they'll always have the identity of being tough, work hard, and beat up the team they're playing against every single night, correction try that is if they don't suck. They're not known as the Broad Street Bullies for nothing.

Players that match the Flyers description that played for them: Bernie Parent, Bobby Clarke, Eric Lindros, Chris Pronger, Mike Richards, Claude Giroux, Rod Brind'Amour, Keith Primeau, Mark Recchi, Kevin Dineen (but I consider him more a Whaler), those are the kind of examples of players who played the ideal game the Flyers expect people to play. Lawson Crouse would fit the Flyers like a glove, similar to when they went out and got Daniel Carcillo.

But I think personally they've shown more to sellout, try way... too hard to be good and overpay terrible ex-superstars to the dumbest contracts. The dumbest excuse I ever heard is people in Philly work very, very hard and expect a lot from their sports teams. Honestly, as stressful as a team are the Flyers are to manage, I'd definitely go the young route and build around young players only.

The flyers biggest issue has been bad luck with career ending injuries to captains Primeau, Pronger, and basically Lindros. Patrick was always damaged goods, but he’s a long way away from being Malkin at 2OA. The same level of issue is their coaching hires and talent evaluation. It’s not a good stretch and they need to fire Fletcher and do a compete rebuild.

You are not trading Frost for Crouse.

Reactions: Holy Slapshot

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
This is very much not our style of game anymore.
I know as a Devils fans “being tough, work hard, and beat up the team they're playing against every single night” is exactly how I would describe Claude Giroux’s play. Real gritty lunch pail guy, if only that thug had some offensive creativity.

Reactions: Holy Slapshot

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
People are laughing at 1st + B prospect, but you are absolutely crazy if you think Tampa wouldn't give up their 1st + and pretty much any prospect in their organization for Crouse.

Reactions: banks

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
The chuckle brigade are showing their asses in this thread.

I've been shocked by how quiet it has been on Crouse. Having watched a couple of Coyote games and extended highlights of most teams most nights, he consistently impresses me. He has always been a physical specimen but it looks like the game has slowed down for him.

He's figuring it out on a historically bad team. If I'm a good team's GM I'm salivating over what he could be if he was deployed with a good playmaker and a good finisher. He's scary, hits hard, retrieves the puck well, is smart with the puck, can finish, and is a mountain of a man.

A team is going to trade a 1st + for him and probably win the trade. He's a rare weapon just beginning to break out.

God this forum has decreased in quality hockey takes so dramatically that it depresses me sometimes.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
A 4th liner isn't worth a late first let alone a late first + a prospect.
Goodrow had 41pts in his previous 144 games when he (+ a 3rd, I think) returned a 1st.
Coleman had 67pts in his previous 135 games when he returned a 1st and a recently-drafted 1st round prospect.
Crouse has 54pts in his last 148 games. He's also a 24yr old RFA.

If Crouse is a 4th liner, well... actually, there's no "if". Crouse isn't a 4th liner.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
The chuckle brigade are showing their asses in this thread.

I've been shocked by how quiet it has been on Crouse. Having watched a couple of Coyote games and extended highlights of most teams most nights, he consistently impresses me. He has always been a physical specimen but it looks like the game has slowed down for him.

He's figuring it out on a historically bad team. If I'm a good team's GM I'm salivating over what he could be if he was deployed with a good playmaker and a good finisher. He's scary, hits hard, retrieves the puck well, is smart with the puck, can finish, and is a mountain of a man.

A team is going to trade a 1st + for him and probably win the trade. He's a rare weapon just beginning to break out.

God this forum has decreased in quality hockey takes so dramatically that it depresses me sometimes.
This is like a breath of fresh air. Someone who bases their opinion on actually watching. Brings a tear to my eye, man.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
Goodrow had 41pts in his previous 144 games when he (+ a 3rd, I think) returned a 1st.
Coleman had 67pts in his previous 135 games when he returned a 1st and a recently-drafted 1st round prospect.
Crouse has 54pts in his last 148 games. He's also a 24yr old RFA.

If Crouse is a 4th liner, well... actually, there's no "if". Crouse isn't a 4th liner.
He averages less than 30 points a season... Those are 4th line numbers. He plays second line minutes with Kessel and plays on the 1st pp which props his numbers a bit but don't kid yourself, 54 points in 148 ges is not impressive nor is it anything more than mediocre bottom 6 production at best

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad