Flyers identity and concept

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
For me 2 things are pretty noticeable and maybe we can discuss this things.

1. This Seattle Game was another game the Flyers got outworked on the boards and in the hard work areas of the game. The other game it was pretty obvious was the Flames game. Didnt we hear all the years that this Flyers team will be hard to play against and the Flyers want to go back to their hard nose playing days! They go in front of cameras and say Deslaurier will be the Friend of Mitchkov and such shit. But in reality this team gets crashed most games on the boards. Pretty dirty and hard hits from the opposing team. Flyers hits mostly are Robert Haag hits. But the new Flyers era is fighting for your teammate or yourself. So you need to Fistfight against an opponent with a helmet on, so you can hurt your hand or crash your head on the ice when you fell down.

I dont understand what this shit is all about. Finish your check, play hard, dont get caught on the boards like Konecny and Mitchkov last game. We will loose most of the games when they play like that the whole year.

For me its fake toughness if players fist fight instead of playing hard hockey! The first games we were a weak team! And no i dont think its a problem of size! Frost plays hard and with an edge. Konecny can play that style but he doesnt this season, Foerster is big enough but plays weak, Tippett is big enough but plays weak and so on.

2. We heard for years now, that the team needs more shooter and sniper.

But when i look around with this team the best players are not the shooter. Mitchkov is more a Giroux type player than a Ovechkin. He doesn´t look to shoot first. He wants to pass and to create. The same goes for Morgan Frost. Its funny that this 2 players are our best players in the offensive zone. And the 2 so called "Snipers" Tippett and Foerster cant hit the goal on 30 shots. For me the concept is flawed from the beginning cause the league is so deep nowadays that you dont can dominate the league with your shooting ability. You need a whole team effort to creating chances. And if your "Sniper" are bad at cycling and creating chances you have a weak link in the lineup who is preventing chances from getting created. So i rather have 3 creative players on the ice than 2 creative players and one "Sniper".

Both things are developed in the wrong direction in my view. And its pretty funny cause the Franchise is telling the total opposite!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad