Value of: Flyers firesale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
It would be interesting to see what Giroux could do if he doesn't have to be the leader in the room and is surrounded with a winning culture. For example I think he'd be great with Malkin (could even take all his faceoffs for him). Think it would work out well and we all know Hextall loves dealing with his former clubs. Seems like a great fit no? Wonder what Flyers fans would think. I assume you want to see him set up to succeed so you can cheer for him potentially going on a deep run no? Guy toiled away in obscurity for you guys his whole career its only fair he gets a chance with a team that knows how to get it done in the postseason so he really gets an opportunity to shine finally. Poor guy deserves it

I'd want Giroux to go to the Pens to spite the Flyers. I don't know if I have ever hated a Flyers team as much as this one right now. It's like I want the team to burn down to force them to start over with a new Coach, GM, President, and owner. I figure if the team perpetually stinks, maybe this can happen. It will be like when the Eagles let Reggie White go. The fans didn't mind because we hated ownership so much.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
The rumours of the Avs poking around on Giroux certainly make sense. The Flyers would have to retain, and not sure they want to, but Colorado is looking for a top-6 right shot forward.

No idea what it would take honestly. Avs aren't moving Newhook or Byram.

I don't think it would take much. Find some old 4th liners with no future, a player buried in the ECHL with no future, and a 4th round pick. Fletcher would probably throw in a 2nd because, well, who needs second round picks?

And we'll keep 90% of the salary. Fletcher is so kind!

Last edited:
Reactions: AvsCOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad