Value of: Flyers firesale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
Yes. If there was a veteran piece that would make the front office think the team would make a push for the playoffs and they could fit it under the cap. I see this team like the days of Clarke and Holmgren. Try to make the playoffs no matter the cost. Not even wining the Cup of becoming a legitimate cup threat.

I see their thinking process as such:

Cam York hasn't played a game in the NHL. He might be a flop for all we know. But Matt Duchesne has ability. If he could regain his form from 10 years ago, he could help us make the playoffs. And that is how Fletcher/Holmgen/Clarke/Scott/Snider or whoever has power thinks.

Only Hextall thought long term.

Not taking away your point but he played 3 games last year and looked very good. Everyone expected him to make the team this year but they had to sign Yandle (for some reason). They'll never bench Yandle even though he's been a mess and shouldn't be on the PP because of his ironman streak. Once he breaks it, I'd do anything with him and bring up York.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
All depends what they want to do. I don't think they have to tear it down, but know that's a realistic outcome. Still very upset we didn't take a shot at Eichel as a franchise-changer.

Guys likely should trade for picks/prospects:
- Giroux
- Braun
- Ellis
- Yandle
- Brassard
- Atkinson
- Hayes
- JVR
- Laughton

Guys should be traded for similar caliber player needing new look:
- Konecny
- Sanheim
- Provorov (if desperate)
- Ristolanen
- Hayes
- Lindblom

Guys you really shouldn't trade, but if you're tearing it down - then get an overpayment:
- Farabee
- Couturier

Guys I won't trade unless they're giving me the moon:
- Hart
I would take Sanheim any day with the Habs,
What would it take to make this happen ?
Romanov for Sanheim ?
Or
Chariot + Toffoli + Norlinder ?

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
Not taking away your point but he played 3 games last year and looked very good. Everyone expected him to make the team this year but they had to sign Yandle (for some reason). They'll never bench Yandle even though he's been a mess and shouldn't be on the PP because of his ironman streak. Once he breaks it, I'd do anything with him and bring up York.

Oh I am not saying this - I am saying that is how the Flyers management will think. I think York should be just fine, but the fact he isn't an established nhler RIGHT NOW means that the Flyers brass can discount him and instead go for an old used veteran who will help the team win 2 more games, kill the cap and block any younger players.

Reactions: ArchAngel55

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
I would take Sanheim any day with the Habs,
What would it take to make this happen ?
Romanov for Sanheim ?
Or
Chariot + Toffoli + Norlinder ?

Find some old Minnesota player like Nate Prosser and it might just be an even trade. Prosser-like player for Sanheim. Y'all are thinking like rational GMs. Fletcher is not one. Make what you think would be a fair trade, and then pair back your offer 50% and Fletcher will consider it. He doesn't want to be seen as taking advantage of another team or GM. Chuck is a kind GM.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
You are offering too much. Fletcher will see your offer and tell you to change the picks to a single 3rd rounder.
I have a proposal from the Leafs
2022 1st+2022 2nd+any 2 of Amirov/Robertson/Niemela+Ritche for Giroux@ double retention+Braun@50%
So the other deal would be a 3rd for a team to eat the other half of the 4137500.

in summary
Leafs get
Giroux@2 068 750
Braun@900k

Philly gets
Amirov
Niemela/Robertson
2022 1st
2022 2nd
Ritche

then a 3rd to a 3rd team to retain half on half or Giroux

I would run
Giroux-Matthews-Marner
Bunting-Tavares-Nylander
Kerfoot-Kampf-Kase
Mikheyev-Spezza-Simmonds

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Lilj
Sandin-Braun/Holl

Campbell
Mrazek

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site
I have a proposal from the Leafs
2022 1st+2022 2nd+any 2 of Amirov/Robertson/Niemela+Ritche for Giroux@ double retention+Braun@50%
So the other deal would be a 3rd for a team to eat the other half of the 4137500.

in summary
Leafs get
Giroux@2 068 750
Braun@900k

Philly gets
Amirov
Niemela/Robertson
2022 1st
2022 2nd
Ritche

then a 3rd to a 3rd team to retain half on half or Giroux

I would run
Giroux-Matthews-Marner
Bunting-Tavares-Nylander

PASS!
Kerfoot-Kampf-Kase
Mikheyev-Spezza-Simmonds

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Lilj
Sandin-Braun/Holl

Campbell
Mrazek

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Remember, the Flyers live in Nietzsche's Eternal Recurrence:

No Flyers will be available. They will go on a run in late Winter and early Spring to give Fletcher a belief that the team has a shot at the playoffs. He will make a few lame pick ups at the deadline - Nate Thompson clones to go with our current Nate Thompson, using up middle round draft picks - so that the team will go into the off season with a fake belief they are not that bad, which will allow them to sign Mike Yeo as long term coach to insure that the team will perpetually be crap.

All upcoming UFAs will leave for greener pastures, leaving the Flyers with nothing to show for it.

In the offseason, Fletcher will sign every player who is available who one time played for the Minnesota Wild, as long as they have 10 years of experience and are retired or in the minors, or haven't played more than 50 games as a NHLer. Kris Foucault, Stephane Vieilleux, Tom Gilbert, and Torrey Mitchell will all sign with the Flyers to take up space that could be played by younger players with at least a chance at maybe having a future in the league.

Next season, the team will go into a slump of losing at least 10 games in a row, but will then win 8 in a row in January giving the team hope they will make the playoffs, only to fall short . He will make a few lame pick ups at the deadline - Patrick Brown clones to go with our current Patrick Brown, using up a middle round draft picks - so that the team will go into the off season with a fake belief they are not that bad, which will allow them to keep Mike Yeo as long term coach to insure that the team will perpetually be crap.

All upcoming UFAs will leave for greener pastures, leaving the Flyers with nothing to show for it.

In the offseason, Fletcher will sign every player who is available who one time played for the Minnesota Wild, as long as they have 10 years of experience and are retired or haven't played more than 50 games as a NHLer. Zenon Konopka, Ryan Carter, Justin Fontaine, and Tyler Graovac will all sign with the Flyers to take up space that could be played by younger players with at least a chance at maybe having a future in the league.

That following season, the team will go into a slump of losing at least 10 games in a row, but will then win 8 in a row in January giving the team hope they will make the playoffs, only to fall short . He will make a few lame pick ups at the deadline - Nick Seeler clones to go with our current Nick Seeler, using up a middle round draft picks - so that the team will go into the off season with a fake belief they are not that bad, which will allow them to keep Mike Yeo as long term coach to insure that the team will perpetually be crap.

See a pattern here? Yes, it is the pattern of eternal crapness. As a Flyers fan for over 45 years, there will be no end. It must always be this way. This is the way.
The flyers are 3 or 4 legit offensive players away from being ok. one of those being a high level shooter. the defense is 2 pieces away. If you have faith in provorov, 2 legit middle pairing defenseman, if faith in provo is low, your short a top pairing guy and a legit 2nd pairing guy..the unfortunate thing is they really dont have enough pieces to add said pieces. before fletcher made his off season moves he had enough to do it, not any more.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
All depends what they want to do. I don't think they have to tear it down, but know that's a realistic outcome. Still very upset we didn't take a shot at Eichel as a franchise-changer.

Guys likely should trade for picks/prospects:
- Giroux
- Braun
- Ellis
- Yandle
- Brassard
- Atkinson
- Hayes
- JVR
- Laughton

Guys should be traded for similar caliber player needing new look:
- Konecny
- Sanheim
- Provorov (if desperate)
- Ristolanen
- Hayes
- Lindblom

Guys you really shouldn't trade, but if you're tearing it down - then get an overpayment:
- Farabee
- Couturier

Guys I won't trade unless they're giving me the moon:
- Hart

the only ones I see them trading are Risto, Sanheim, JVR, and Giroux for prospects and picks and some salary back at the deadline

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
The flyers are 3 or 4 legit offensive players away from being ok. one of those being a high level shooter. the defense is 2 pieces away. If you have faith in provorov, 2 legit middle pairing defenseman, if faith in provo is low, your short a top pairing guy and a legit 2nd pairing guy..the unfortunate thing is they really dont have enough pieces to add said pieces. before fletcher made his off season moves he had enough to do it, not any more.
would a prospect with a really good shot in Robertson and a prospect in Niemela who is looking like a very good D prospect be of interest?
I proposed 2022 1st+2022 2nd+Robertson+Niemela+Ritche+(2023 3rd) for Giroux (double retained)@ 2.06 and Braun@900k

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
would a prospect with a really good shot in Robertson and a prospect in Niemela who is looking like a very good D prospect be of interest?
I proposed 2022 1st+2022 2nd+Robertson+Niemela+Ritche+(2023 3rd) for Giroux (double retained)@ 2.06 and Braun@900k
it doesnt sound bad at all, but its alot for giroux on a contract year, Braun has been really really good this year but is coming back down to earth pretty quick. the thing is with giroux though is does he want to stay or go? that affects his value alot. most would think he would go but theres the chance hes drinking the kool-aid like couts did and resigns. Giroux probly thinks he has a good 4 years at least left for his next contract which is not too far of a cry from the truth in my humble opinion.

Reactions: Deadly Dogma

Holy Slapshot

Feb 16, 2012
Icy Cold Catacombs

No Flyers will be available. They will go on a run in late Winter and early Spring to give Fletcher a belief that the team has a shot at the playoffs. He will make a few lame pick ups at the deadline - Nate Thompson clones to go with our current Nate Thompson, using up middle round draft picks - so that the team will go into the off season with a fake belief they are not that bad, which will allow them to sign Mike Yeo as long term coach to insure that the team will perpetually be crap.

In the offseason, Fletcher will sign every player who is available who one time played for the Minnesota Wild, as long as they have 10 years of experience and are retired or in the minors, or haven't played more than 50 games as a NHLer. Kris Foucault, Stephane Vieilleux, Tom Gilbert, and Torrey Mitchell will all sign with the Flyers to take up space that could be played by younger players with at least a chance at maybe having a future in the league.

Next season, the team will go into a slump of losing at least 10 games in a row, but will then win 8 in a row in January giving the team hope they will make the playoffs, only to fall short . He will make a few lame pick ups at the deadline - Patrick Brown clones to go with our current Patrick Brown, using up a middle round draft picks - so that the team will go into the off season with a fake belief they are not that bad, which will allow them to keep Mike Yeo as long term coach to insure that the team will perpetually be crap.

In the offseason, Fletcher will sign every player who is available who one time played for the Minnesota Wild, as long as they have 10 years of experience and are retired or haven't played more than 50 games as a NHLer. Zenon Konopka, Ryan Carter, Justin Fontaine, and Tyler Graovac will all sign with the Flyers to take up space that could be played by younger players with at least a chance at maybe having a future in the league.

That following season, the team will go into a slump of losing at least 10 games in a row, but will then win 8 in a row in January giving the team hope they will make the playoffs, only to fall short . He will make a few lame pick ups at the deadline - Nick Seeler clones to go with our current Nick Seeler, using up a middle round draft picks - so that the team will go into the off season with a fake belief they are not that bad, which will allow them to keep Mike Yeo as long term coach to insure that the team will perpetually be crap.

See a pattern here? Yes, it is the pattern of eternal crapness. As a Flyers fan for over 45 years, there will be no end. It must always be this way. This is the way.
This is as sad as it is true. And it is very true.

Holy Slapshot

Feb 16, 2012
Icy Cold Catacombs
Also after that worst offseason in years, I'm sure Fletcher can pick up the glove and pull off the worst trade deadline in years to cement himself among unforgettables. If those smart GMs can spot the remaining talent in the team and don't mind fleece people hardcore, it's time to trade it for veteran presence, grit, playoff experience from decade ago, hard hitting etc.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama

In all honesty and with my pessimism aside, I think that is too much for Giroux. His contract is expiring. That sounds like a Chuck Fletcher offer.

Reactions: Deadly Dogma

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama

Again, with my pessimism aside, if Ellis were healthy, I think the team would be in much better shape. And even with all my Fletcher hating, the Ellis trade wasn't that bad for the Flyers if Ellis were to have remained healthy. Of course, that was the risk. But Myers and Patrick haven't done anything yet either (because Patrick is hurt, but that is the risk with him).

My main hatred came from signing ancient vets and the trade for Risto and the trade to get rid of Gostibehere.

Reactions: Hextallent63

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

Outstanding.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005

Get out of my head Pantokrator!

Reactions: Pantokrator

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
It would be interesting to see what Giroux could do if he doesn't have to be the leader in the room and is surrounded with a winning culture. For example I think he'd be great with Malkin (could even take all his faceoffs for him). Think it would work out well and we all know Hextall loves dealing with his former clubs. Seems like a great fit no? Wonder what Flyers fans would think. I assume you want to see him set up to succeed so you can cheer for him potentially going on a deep run no? Guy toiled away in obscurity for you guys his whole career its only fair he gets a chance with a team that knows how to get it done in the postseason so he really gets an opportunity to shine finally. Poor guy deserves it

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Oilers need to bolster their bottom 6- their depth scoring is still terrible. They have all their picks + a deep prospect pool.

I could see them going after one of Philly's top 6 forwards to be an offense driver on their 3rd line.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
The rumours of the Avs poking around on Giroux certainly make sense. The Flyers would have to retain, and not sure they want to, but Colorado is looking for a top-6 right shot forward.

No idea what it would take honestly. Avs aren't moving Newhook or Byram.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
The rumours of the Avs poking around on Giroux certainly make sense. The Flyers would have to retain, and not sure they want to, but Colorado is looking for a top-6 right shot forward.

No idea what it would take honestly. Avs aren't moving Newhook or Byram.

Can't imagine it'd be an issue retaining on Giroux for compensation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad