Proposal: Flyers - Ducks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Are you expecting every ducks young players to make 10 mil per year? I just plugged some random numbers into cap friendly with the Current Salary Cup and the ducks are still 4 mil under the cap in 2023-2024 season without a 7th defensemen (Zellweger, Thrun, LaCombe or Moore). I think the Ducks will be perfectly fine.

View attachment 493734

After this season the Henrique and Silfverberg come off of the cap and we have over 15 million to sign McTavish, Perrault and Tracey.

Stop trying to convince the Ducks they are out of Cap Space. They have PLENTY
Terry, Zegras and Drysdale’s deals are debatable but I’ll give you the projection you’ve made.

Lindholm at 7mil, you have to come on up a little as I disagree having Hampus at that cap, if Lindholm excepted a 7mil contract, Solomon would get a vote from me for GM of the year thats Yzerman level shrewdness.

Lindholm should atleast be in the 8.5mil range as a 1st pairing defenseman that anchors the Ducks blueline, compared to other defenseman thats aren’t as good as Hampus, he should be in the 8.5mil ballpark.

Manson, Milano and Deslauriers are kinda low as well but again I’ll go with your projections.

I don’t see Sam Steel on your projection I know he probably won’t cost much but he wasn’t there and Josh Mahura is a LD not RD Mahura has enough trouble adjusting to the pro game on his proper side left alone on his offside and there’s also a possibility that Shattenkirk is resigned to a 1 year deal at half his current salary.

So the cap might be closer then your projections, but thank you for doing the work I appreciate it as well as the good discussions.

The cap is also rumored to go up by 1 million so that could end up being the Ducks saving things in the end, I’ve failed to mention that throughout this whole thread as i sit here pondering this discussion with you.

Fowler is a good defenseman, if he ever went to the trading block he is a defender that a lot of teams would covet but Fowler looks to be a Duck for the entirety of his career. Ducks have been drafting well lately as well, exciting times for Anaheim’s Ducks.

StarDucks

Sep 14, 2020
Terry, Zegras and Drysdale’s deals are debatable but I’ll give you the projection you’ve made.

Lindholm at 7mil, you have to come on up a little as I disagree having Hampus at that cap, if Lindholm excepted a 7mil contract, Solomon would get a vote from me for GM of the year thats Yzerman level shrewdness.

Lindholm should atleast be in the 8.5mil range as a 1st pairing defenseman that anchors the Ducks blueline, compared to other defenseman thats aren’t as good as Hampus, he should be in the 8.5mil ballpark.

Manson, Milano and Deslauriers are kinda low as well but again I’ll go with your projections.

I don’t see Sam Steel on your projection I know he probably won’t cost much but he wasn’t there and Josh Mahura is a LD not RD Mahura has enough trouble adjusting to the pro game on his proper side left alone on his offside and there’s also a possibility that Shattenkirk is resigned to a 1 year deal at half his current salary.

So the cap might be closer then your projections, but thank you for doing the work I appreciate it as well as the good discussions.

The cap is also rumored to go up by 1 million so that could end up being the Ducks saving things in the end, I’ve failed to mention that throughout this whole thread as i sit here pondering this discussion with you.

Fowler is a good defenseman, if he ever went to the trading block he is a defender that a lot of teams would covet but Fowler looks to be a Duck for the entirety of his career. Ducks have been drafting well lately as well, exciting times for Anaheim’s Ducks.

there is almost no way the ducks are spending 10 million between comtios and Drysdale by that time unless both players make incredible strides. I’d be pretty shocked if a fringe NHL player like Mahura got 1.5 million as well. It’s too early to have this conversation.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013

One thing also here is, you're correct that Fowler has played the right side. But he didn't look great doing it. Fowler isn't really an answer for RD.

Fowler is also very important to our team. As others have stated our young D isn't close to being anything for us yet. Mahura, Larsson and Guhle are all heading toward bottom pair or bust. Thrun and Zellweger are still just not ready. So trading Fowler harms our hopes of competing anytime soon. We couldn't afford to let him go for anything other than an overpayment. And regarding this trade, cap space isn't something we need enough to trade for.

Overpaying for a guy that will not excel because he's playing on the wrong side for you seems like a bad idea.

irishsetter13

Jan 24, 2016

For Hampus, I literally took what was the general agreed upon consensus from this post earlier in the year. A few people said he would get 8 Mil, but most settled in the 6.5-7 mil range. You could say 7.5 Mil if you are picky, but I would be surprised if he even breaks 8 mil. Value of: - Hampus Lindholm next contract

Manson currently makes 4.1 mil and hasnt been nearly as good as he was when he signed that contract. A slight increase as hes a RD but he shouldnt be making too much more than 5 Mil.

Milano was literally on waivers at the start of the season and passed through without a claim, 3 Mil is a generous overestimate for his next contract.

If Deslaurier can make more on the open market, I think the Ducks let him go. They can resign Carrick to fill that roll for cheap.

Sam Steel has been the 13th Forward all season and has been scratched for Vinni Letteri already this season. His value is in the dumpster and probably wont be getting much of a raise if any at this time with the Ducks.

Cam Fowler is a LHD who you have talked about in this entire thread as someone who can play RD? So why cant Mahura? Ducks would probably fill that 3rd RD Spot internally (via Axel Andersson or LaCombe, Thrun or Zellweger have all played RD in Junior). Or sign a cheap free agent.

FYI Fowler hasnt been that great as a RD compared to his LD play. Im pretty sure Cam only played as a RD when with Welinski, Del Zotto, Larrson in years past? And believe me, all of those combos were miserable!

Finally, if Cam were to be available, I would project a 1st round pick plus a A/B Level Prospect. But Cam is valuable to the Ducks, hes probably the most likely player to be a Duck for his entire career besides Getzlaf. As well, Cam is only interested in playing in SoCal or close to Home. I believe he has a 4 Team Trade List and most believe the Red Wings are one of those Teams on that list that he would accept a trade to.

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

irishsetter13

Jan 24, 2016
there is almost no way the ducks are spending 10 million between comtios and Drysdale by that time unless both players make incredible strides. I’d be pretty shocked if a fringe NHL player like Mahura got 1.5 million as well. It’s too early to have this conversation.

I definitely overestimated some of the money because I didnt want to come across as too cheap. I think Drysdale does a Bridge Deal as well.

JUSTGIROUXIT

Apr 16, 2020
It’s only nonsense to you because it’s going over your head.

Whether you understand a concept or not is not the measure of its value.

Your reply clearly indicates you have no idea what you're talking about. Thanks for the clarification.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

The point is the cap situation isn’t as bad as you made it out…. We fit comfortably under the cap with Henrique and silf still on roster, which we could buyout or trade if needed

Reactions: JUSTGIROUXIT

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
From an HF perspective some posters value draft positioning even after it no longer matters after players are drafted when the next season starts, but Rubtsov and O’Brien were both drafted in the 1st round and both player still hold some kinda potential and upside, O’Brien more so then Rubtsov.

Rubtsov is an RFA at the end of the season and a fresh start with an organization that actually know how to develop players might bring something out of German’s game that hasn’t been brought out yet, the flashes of talent are there but he hasn’t put it together due to short seasons, injury troubles and very poor management and coaching decisions.

O’Brien is still somewhat of a greenhorn prospect and was always going to be a long term project development. Jay is currently playing his 3rd NCAA season with Boston Univ and it should be expected that O’Brien will stay for a 4th season in college and once O’Brien turns pro he might need another season in the AHL to get adjusted to the pro game, O’Brien just needs to add some strength and consistency to his game or he will have injury trouble against much bigger players and definitely needs playing time since he like every other prospect has been cut short by covy short seasons.
O'Brien has less value than the compensatory 2nd round pick you'd receive for not signing him.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
:flyersPhiladelphia Acquires: LD Cam Fowler and prospect LD Henry Thrun

:ducksAnaheim Acquires: LW James van Riemsdyk, prospects C German Rubtsov and C Jay O’Brien with a 1st round pick in 2023 (Top 7 protected)

Basically it’s Fowler to Philly for 1st RD pick and long term cap space to Anaheim, also clears up the logjam that’s mounting at LD in Anaheim.

Merry Christmas to all.:xsign::xtree:

Edit: Wanted to add that this proposal would be an offseason move.

Seems like a bad deal for Ducks taking on a cap dump like JVR who looks like toast

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
The Ducks have one of the finest farm systems in all of hockey. Why would they want 2 of our castoffs and an albatross of a contract in JVR to boot?

I don't think the team would trade the defenseman currently getting the hardest matchups on a nightly basis for that package. Fowler plays as the shutdown pairing with Manson, yes, a lot of that has to do with JD. Lindholm won't get more than 7.5, he doesn't have the counting stats and isn't anchoring the blueline. That stated, in a vacuum Lindholm>Fowler. Thrun, arguably, is the Ducks' top defensive prospect along with Zellweger but is two years ahead development wise and likely 2 years ahead of making an appearance in the NHL.

If you trade Fowler, you're looking for another Fowler. You trade Fowler when Thrun or another player is ready to replace him, not along with Fowler unless it's for a significant upgrade on Fowler AND Lindholm is resigned IMO.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I'm interested in any deal that gets rid of JVR, but the Flyers have some pretty good LD's in their system already. How about a sack of practice pucks and a couple cases of Molson in return.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
I don't think the team would trade the defenseman currently getting the hardest matchups on a nightly basis for that package. Fowler plays as the shutdown pairing with Manson, yes, a lot of that has to do with JD. Lindholm won't get more than 7.5, he doesn't have the counting stats and isn't anchoring the blueline. That stated, in a vacuum Lindholm>Fowler. Thrun, arguably, is the Ducks' top defensive prospect along with Zellweger but is two years ahead development wise and likely 2 years ahead of making an appearance in the NHL.

If you trade Fowler, you're looking for another Fowler. You trade Fowler when Thrun or another player is ready to replace him, not along with Fowler unless it's for a significant upgrade on Fowler AND Lindholm is resigned IMO.
Its debatable what Lindholm’s new deal might look like but I’m of the opinion that Lindholm will be in the 8.25mil to 8.5mil range.

I look at Trouba’s and Chabot’s contracts to see, as a reference to what salary Lindholm should be in the neighborhood of, then tack on what defenseman of his ilk have gotten lately and then look at where his stats are and how Hampus has been playing lately.

Lindholm, Fowler, Drysdale and Shattenkirk are all among the top 50 defenseman in points, (defenseman only). Lindholm is also going to be 28 years old at the end of this season, hitting the prime of his career, which tell me this isn’t going to be a discount deal.

Lindholm definitely has an argument as to why he should be in the 8+mil range, if the Ducks don’t share that opinion then it’s the open market for Lindholm.

Fowler does take the hard minutes on the back end alongside Manson, I suppose a suitable replacement couldn’t be found if Fowler were traded in the off-season as stated in the proposal.

This is a no deal from Anaheim, the issue was value of trading Cam Fowler for a 1st and a 1 year contract for long term cap space but the cap space issue is in the very early stages and many things can happen between now and two seasons from now.

Henry Thrun also won a gold metal last year with Team USA in the World Juniors Tournament, that also drove his value up a little along with his consistent play at Harvard, while Flyer prospects Rubtsov and O’Brien haven’t had to same success as Thrun and therefore don’t hold anywhere near to value that Thrun holds as a prospect, also Rubtsov is an RFA at seasons end so if things don’t work for him and his agent then it’s a possibility he could return to the land of the Rus.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Its debatable what Lindholm’s new deal might look like but I’m of the opinion that Lindholm will be in the 8.25mil to 8.5mil range.

I look at Trouba’s and Chabot’s contracts to see, as a reference to what salary Lindholm should be in the neighborhood of, then tack on what defenseman of his ilk have gotten lately and then look at where his stats are and how Hampus has been playing lately.

Lindholm, Fowler, Drysdale and Shattenkirk are all among the top 50 defenseman in points, (defenseman only). Lindholm is also going to be 28 years old at the end of this season, hitting the prime of his career, which tell me this isn’t going to be a discount deal.

Lindholm definitely has an argument as to why he should be in the 8+mil range, if the Ducks don’t share that opinion then it’s the open market for Lindholm.

Fowler does take the hard minutes on the back end alongside Manson, I suppose a suitable replacement couldn’t be found if Fowler were traded in the off-season as stated in the proposal.

This is a no deal from Anaheim, the issue was value of trading Cam Fowler for a 1st and a 1 year contract for long term cap space but the cap space issue is in the very early stages and many things can happen between now and two seasons from now.

Henry Thrun also won a gold metal last year with Team USA in the World Juniors Tournament, that also drove his value up a little along with his consistent play at Harvard, while Flyer prospects Rubtsov and O’Brien haven’t had to same success as Thrun and therefore don’t hold anywhere near to value that Thrun holds as a prospect, also Rubtsov is an RFA at seasons end so if things don’t work for him and his agent then it’s a possibility he could return to the land of the Rus.

I think they're fantastic references, I'd just knock off about $1M as Lindholm is older, injury prone, doesn't have the offense but is better defensively. Those guys both signed after or had produced a 50 point season...Lindholm has barely had a 30 point season. IF he tests FA though, I don't doubt he could find some team desperate enough to pay him $8M+.

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Morgan rielly is prob the most comparable contract, he doesn’t have the offensive numbers of a Morgan rielly I feel like lindholm signs between 7-7.5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad