Confirmed with Link: Flyers aquire Petr Mrazek for a conditional 2018 4th and conditional 2019 3rd

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Anyone watching last night catch the crazy tics that Mrazek has going on? They showed a close up of him for at least 30 seconds and he was going to town with his face tics. Gotta a love a good old psychotic goalie! Glad to have him and excited to see what he can do here.
Reminded me of Hexy back there :)

Reactions: TroutHockey

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
After lurking on the Detroit page and reading what they say about Mrazek I have a feeling we landed another streaky goalie with Vezina upside and KHL downside. Don't get me wrong. Glad he's here for the short term. I believe he's about to go on a tear and with luck we'll at least take a round or two but I hope we don't sign him unless it's similar to the Elliot deal. Let him prove me wrong and be consistent. Unfortunately that would take more than the games left this year. He's a rental (with something to prove to himself and teams looking at him).

Neuvirth is done here.

Stick to the long-term plan. Hart and Sandstrom.

Focus.

I could see Neuvy being trade bait for a pick during the draft. Possibly even Elliott as well. Run Mrazek and Stolarz for a year to see how it turns out.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I could see Neuvy being trade bait for a pick during the draft. Possibly even Elliott as well. Run Mrazek and Stolarz for a year to see how it turns out.
No way we trade both. We just watched how quickly G depth can be gone. If Mrazek got hurt, we are then left with Stolarz, Lyon and Hart....not ideal at all.

To me, it's become obvious that Stolarz and Lyon have no more upside than and Elliott or Neuvirth. So keep the sure thing as our backup and try and send Stolarz and Lyon back down to the AHL and if they both clear, look to trade one for a pick.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Honestly, we don't know what Stolarz's true upside is because of his injury. I really think he should be given a shot at being at least 1B goalie next season.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Wait, why are getting rid of Neuvirth during this season? If Elliot has any kind of setback we’d be shooting ourself in the foot. Clean-up the goalie situation in the offseason.

Yes that is true, but Elliott is expected to return before Neuvirth, and when all 3 are back, its likely Neuvirth gets waived because I don't see them carrying 3 goalies

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Wait, why are getting rid of Neuvirth during this season? If Elliot has any kind of setback we’d be shooting ourself in the foot. Clean-up the goalie situation in the offseason.
We aren't getting rid of either goalie this season. If they decide to re-sign Mrazek, one or the other will be moved during the summer

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Yes that is true, but Elliott is expected to return before Neuvirth, and when all 3 are back, its likely Neuvirth gets waived because I don't see them carrying 3 goalies

Doubtful. Seems like both will be out until the playoffs and we likely keep all three then

Shodein

May 27, 2015
I think there's a chance they keep Neuvy around for one more year as a mentor if they resign Mrazek. Fellow countrymen along with Gudas and Voracek could really be beneficial for his psyche.

Provorov4Norris

Sep 28, 2017
I think there's a chance they keep Neuvy around for one more year as a mentor if they resign Mrazek. Fellow countrymen along with Gudas and Voracek could really be beneficial for his psyche.

Over Elliot? I don't see it...he's had injury issues and just can't get over them. Then this year when Elliot goes down, Neuvirth goes down...he's unreliable and my guess is he played his last game on the Flyers.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Neuvy needs to go...Unreliable. Would rather see Mrazek and Elliott next season.

I guess if we do this, we might as well trade both Neuvy and Stolarz. Stolarz deserves at least a back up job somewhere. I'm sure we could get something good from Chicago considering they definitely need a better back up for Crawford for next season. Hell, Stolarz could take over as their future goalie.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Freddy The Fog

Don't live in the fast lane. Live on the off ramp
Aug 3, 2005
The only thing Neuvy can teach as a mentor is how to consistently end up on IR. But seriously...he's fragile. Not saying he doesn't have talent. He's made of glass and positively cannot be counted on. He had one incredible run here and I thank him for that.

He's done here.

No doubt.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
Part of me wishes for the days when Dubinsky would have had to answer someone for that........
can you imagine if that weasel ever tried to take liberties like that back in the day in the Spectrum? he would have been the christian being fed to the lions! but he wouldnt have dared...thats the difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbyClarkeFan16

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad