Confirmed with Link: Flyers aquire Petr Mrazek for a conditional 2018 4th and conditional 2019 3rd

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It’s not his fault & injuries will happen regardless but this is the third year Neuvirth has been here & all three he’s been hurt or sick multiple times throughout the year. We have had starting goalies get overplayed & prospects who’ve sat for a while without game action every single year because Neuvirth’s injuries.

I just don’t see the Flyers being willing to go through this again after three years of the same thing playing out every year. My guess is Mrazek gets re-signed & Neuvirth gets moved. The Flyers go with Mrazek & Elliott as the goalies.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Yep. There's no point in keeping a guy you can't count on. Liverpool went through this with Daniel Sturridge and it was a total nightmare.

Yep, I like them, but no need for these guys:

images

images

When you've got these guys:

images

images

Go Flyers, Go Reds!

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Yes that is true, but Elliott is expected to return before Neuvirth, and when all 3 are back, its likely Neuvirth gets waived because I don't see them carrying 3 goalies

There's no roster limit after the trade deadline, and no salary cap once the playoffs start.

fischi

Apr 8, 2009
PA
I like Mrazek but his blocker saves are leaving crazy rebounds. He is quick and can make nice saves but I think he is trying to impress and will eventually settle in nicely. I like how he comes out and can handle the puck.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Super happy with the trade, and I haven't been able to watch a ton recently...but I don't know, his positioning seems a little off to me. Really glad he's playing so well right now though

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Great game but the Canadiens are one of the lowest scoring teams in the league. Not a lot of skill on that team. Let's see how he finishes the year. Everything seems to be breaking the Flyers way right now.

Reactions: whitstifier

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
You guys are gonna love Mrazek, I think his poor play in Detroit has been overblown. Prior to last season, he was amazing, then he had an off season last year (Which the horrible defense did not help with), but this year he was rebounding nicely before the trade happened.

He's 26 years old young, if he get's back to his old form and continues his progress, this kid is going to be a star in the league.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
You guys are gonna love Mrazek, I think his poor play in Detroit has been overblown. Prior to last season, he was amazing, then he had an off season last year (Which the horrible defense did not help with), but this year he was rebounding nicely before the trade happened.

He's 26 years old young, if he get's back to his old form and continues his progress, this kid is going to be a star in the league.
Agree with this, and like I said before I have followed Detroit because of him. He can be tops in the league. Hopefully he continues to prove this and the doubters slowly come around.

Reactions: Flyerfan13

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
I don't think Mrazek's been tested much yet. The game previous, his positioning looked off. I like that he seems more aggressive in playing the puck

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I both love and hate his aggressiveness. It's nice to see that kind of compete level in a goalie, but he seems to really overplay things at times and I can see that leading to some pretty ugly goals against. For example, it's only 3 games in, but there's going to be a wraparound that's going to go in with him all the way behind the other post one of these games. That said, he battles, and he looks like the kind of tender that gets into shooters' heads. Almost looks like pre-groin injury Hextall back there if you squint, minus the homicidal tendencies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yep, but I still think it's fair to say. He hasn't done enough yet

You said he "hasn't been tested much," but you missed last nights game, where he pitched a 65 minute shut-out, and stopped 5 of 6 shootout attempts. Safe to say your original comment was of the incorrect variety.

If you want to say he "hasn't done enough yet" then that is fine. It's still early. But, he was certainly "tested" last night and passed with flying colors.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad