Fluto: The best 5 cities to see the Bruins on the road

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I really want Quebec to get a team simply so I can go there to watch a game. I've been up there a few times and its such a nice city and there's no doubt their fans know their ****. Toronto is in the top 5 for me.

Montreal
Chicago (done!)
My
Toronto
Vancouver, i watched the rematch game in 12 in Montreal with Vancouver fans and they were awesome, they definitely convinced me to go.

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Going to watch the Bruins in Ottawa on March 6th & Celtics in Toronto on February 24th ( thinking about going to the Leafs vs Habs game on February 25th )

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
I wasn't thrilled with Buffalo. Got some pretty rude treatment from the fans.

Jersey's arena is incredible but the area is not.

Pittsburgh is first class all around.

Been going to Buffalo for 10 years... never an issue.

Buffalo is great... go to Washington Square or Pearl Street Bar for more authentic experience imo

Fans are great thete too... see roughly 6 games a year and only cheered for Sabres 2 or 3 times lol... never have had problems

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
I haven't been to Chicago, and I haven't been to any games in those cities, but I have to say that those have all been my favorite cities outside of Boston in North America that I have visited. Lovely places that all have an interesting charm in the same way our great city does.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Philadelphia is three times the size of Boston.

Boston de-industrialized 20 years before Philadelphia, so it had a head start on gentrification and has done a better job of limiting it's more impoverished neighborhoods.

Philadelphia has neighborhoods just as nice as Boston does, no less. Arguably better. You just need to see more of the city. There are gorgeous leafy residential areas all over Philadelphia. Within city limits.

Went to Philly a few weeks ago. The bad parts are worse than anywhere in Boston (worse than anywhere I've ever been actually), and pretty much everywhere I went was a bit ratty or dirty. However, I absolutely love old, patina filled cities, and Philadelphia has done a great job at keeping things from being yuppified from what I've seen.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
I really want Quebec to get a team simply so I can go there to watch a game. I've been up there a few times and its such a nice city and there's no doubt their fans know their ****. Toronto is in the top 5 for me.

Montreal
Chicago (done!)
My
Toronto
Vancouver, i watched the rematch game in 12 in Montreal with Vancouver fans and they were awesome, they definitely convinced me to go.

You should go. While Vancouver as a city is just alright, the surrounding area might be the most beautiful place in North America.

And for all the people talking about bad areas in Philly...I must say, DTES in Vancouver is the sketchiest and most depressing neighborhood I've ever visited.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
You should go. While Vancouver as a city is just alright, the surrounding area might be the most beautiful place in North America.

And for all the people talking about bad areas in Philly...I must say, DTES in Vancouver is the sketchiest and most depressing neighborhood I've ever visited.

I'll back you up on this one...

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Hastings Street attracts the down and outers from the entire country as they won't freeze to death in winter.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
As a lifelong Boston sports fan, people are really showing their bias and kidding themselves if they don't think Boston fans can be pretty bad.

Can we overtake Philly? No. But Boston fans can get pretty ****ing obnoxious. All part of the experience for a hometown fan, though.

As annoying as the visiting Habs fans can be, Bruins fans can be straight up rude and ruthless back. And, in no way, am I saying I am absent from that activity...

You are correct. I have seen B's fans behave bad.

I have met some nice Hab fans. There are fewer from Montreal now than there were 10 years ago. They used to come in bus loads and drink al the way to Boston. Once at the Garden they were looking for trouble and there were plenty of B's fans willing to join in.

It is usually fun to meet fans from other teams. Like I said the Toronto fans are great. Chicago too. I have met nice Buffalo fans.

I love meeting B's fans from far away. Last game there was a family from Alaska.

100%..

Boston doesn't exactly have the best, or nicest reputation in the sports world either...We have plenty of rude ****** here too, everywhere does...

I actually love meeting and talking to away team fans...most of them...met some great interesting people that love to talk hockey that way...A lot of people just want to enjoy a game on the road...I have no problem telling them about the local stuff and things that are fun to check out..

I don't mind they hey your team sucks! ribbing as fans..its the loud (mostly drunk) obnoxious people that take it too far I can't stand.

Went to Philly a few weeks ago. The bad parts are worse than anywhere in Boston (worse than anywhere I've ever been actually), and pretty much everywhere I went was a bit ratty or dirty. However, I absolutely love old, patina filled cities, and Philadelphia has done a great job at keeping things from being yuppified from what I've seen.

Philly has its own charm...I like visiting Philly personally...And their tickets are pretty average unlike NY. Only twice I've had some real issues at Wells Fargo out of maybe 15 or so..

The city itself has some great sites, great food and some great parts. Yeah it has some rough spots too, but the average person wouldn't be there...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad