Pre-Game Talk: Floridelphia Flyanthers @ Montreal

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
The picture in question:

It's on the Florida Panthers Official Fan Group on FB. The comments are pure gold.

If anyone complains about HF boards. They should go to that part of FB. My god it's cancer and people commenting on everything who dont even know whats a offside

kerrabria

May 3, 2018

This team hates Montour. Our runaway best PP Quarterback

I didn't think they'd go back to 5 forwards on the PP, but this makes sense. As I said before the trade, you really can't relocate Huberdeau from his spot, and there's no reason to move Barkov with how he produces. Giroux needs to play on the perimeter, or he's wasted and should be on the PP2.

Idk what they're gonna do with Carlsson. Looks like he's the placeholder for Chiarot on the top pair and Lindbohm/Hagg will compete for the 6D/7D spot. If Mamin plays, that's his final game for waivers exemption, he can't be sent down anymore. I'm assuming that they'll abuse IR and swap Thornton for Lomberg, but that's 24 spots without Carlsson.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I didn't think they'd go back to 5 forwards on the PP, but this makes sense. As I said before the trade, you really can't relocate Huberdeau from his spot, and there's no reason to move Barkov with how he produces. Giroux needs to play on the perimeter, or he's wasted and should be on the PP2.

Idk what they're gonna do with Carlsson. Looks like he's the placeholder for Chiarot on the top pair and Lindbohm/Hagg will compete for the 6D/7D spot. If Mamin plays, that's his final game for waivers exemption, he can't be sent down anymore. I'm assuming that they'll abuse IR and swap Thornton for Lomberg, but that's 24 spots without Carlsson.

Safe to assume that Carl isn't part of the playoffs since they acquired Hagg and he isn't part of the long term plans either because they have Gildon, Ludvig and Nause under contract for the next season as far as the AHL thing is concerned. I'm expecting that Carl, maybe Kiersted too, will be traded in the off-season for depth forward.

Carlsson is a fringe NHLer but I can't see him being a part of a team that wants to win the cup. Maybe when he's like 27-28yo he could be top4 quality.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Washington's game plan would be to goon it up against our stars too and get them off their game. Wilson, Ovi, and Hathaway will be pounding Barky, Huby, G, etc. every chance they can get.

I'd rather play Boston than Washington. The Caps still have Ovechkin and enough firepower to be scary. Bruins to me look like a guaranteed one and done team.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Jesus, what is going on with Lundell? How does an injury turn into like 2 weeks with the flu?

Reactions: KW

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site

The 23 man roster limit goes away after the deadline. Still need to stay under the cap, but Ek on LTIR alleviates that.

Reactions: kerrabria

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad