Speculation: Florida's pick - Watch thread - (Upon request, thread title change lol)

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Karma for devaluing Patch in trade discussions with us back when and saying Borgstrom is untouchable. :laugh:

I ran it a few times...

9, 11
1, 11,
9, 11,
9, 11,
11, 13
2, 11,
9, 11,
9, 11
1, 10,
9, 11,
10, 12,
9, 11,
Hard not to like that no matter how it falls.

Even at 11, 13 you get your hands on two legit prospects.

Or you package them to get into the top-7 to get a guy you really want

Reactions: LV426

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Never heard of that report. Deets?

Edit: nix that, saw the answer

Why isn't there a cry option in the reaction emotes?

Well.....that might help a little

1671753124473.png

1671753157017.png

When the Habs have a better goaltending then your team......you're in trouble no matter if there's injuries or not!

Last edited:

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I don't know about everyone else but the Panthers 1st rounder is looking decent now at the quarter way of the season.

I remember during the off-season people were tossing it in deals to improve the team.

I was of the mindset their defense is alot weaker this year. Knight seems to be their go to guy. They got the Staal brothers playing decent minutes. Plus the biggest thing that got me more excited about the pick was they brought Maurice in at coach.

Currently sitting out of the playoffs and losses to Columbus again tonight. The team was playing on a huge high last year they just don't look or feel like the same Panthers of last year.

I feel like Hughes might have gotten another theft of a deal possibly here, where everyone was portraying the Panthers as the same squad which they are not and thought the pick would be 27-32.

I know it's still early but I got a really good feeling about that pick.

How does everyone else feel about it?
Last years Panthers team was filled with players having career years & unsustainable shooting %.

A reversion to the norm was inevitable

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
They are 2 pts from a wildcard spot. Still early to tell.

I'm more curious if we can get more picks from Monahan, Dadonov, Drouin who are UFA and maybe Hoffman who has a year left.

I don't expect much but Monahan is quietly producing good support numbers so who knows.
Don't get your hopes up. Might as well give Dadonov and Drouin for future considerations to a contender as a package deal. No team will touch these two even with a 2 foot stick. I see both going to Europe to finish their careers. They won't be missed.

You have to pull the trigger if Monahan can fets a first and decent prospect. Hoffman won't bring much, might as well hold on to him until the following trade deadline.

HuGo must continue to be opportunistic and prioritize moves such as that of Monahan. In other words, force other GMs' hands to give uo firsts for cap dumps. With only Caufield and some fairly cheap prospects to extend with Price on LTIR, that's about 30 mil of cap.space to play with next year. It's the only way.

As far as I'm concerned, Edmundson and Savard can go if the price is right. Gallagher and Armia are impossible to move. I would hold on to Anderson. But there are plenty of bad contracts on this team, given by a clueless GM.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
People here complaining about how French requirement prevent the Habs to hire the best coach, yet teams continue to recycle guys who have been outcoached by Dom Ducharme.
Impossible, no one’s been outcoached by Ducharme. The team winning and Ducharme having anything to do with it aren’t necessarily both true. The Habs won in spite of DD.

Reactions: Runner77

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Given the geopolitical developments in Eastern Europe not picking Russians is the correct move. Regardless of what one thinks of the morality of the different agents of the NATO-Russia proxy war in Ukraine, the situation is clearly likely to worsen.

Is Russia even sending a team to the 2023 world juniors?
Given the geopolitical developments in Eastern Europe not picking Russians is the correct move. Regardless of what one thinks of the morality of the different agents of the NATO-Russia proxy war in Ukraine, the situation is clearly likely to worsen.

Is Russia even sending a team to the 2023 world juniors?
They were banned? Were they not? The Russian teenagers are being punished for the actions of a political tyrant. Meanwhile, nothing happens to hockey Canada.

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Impossible, no one’s been outcoached by Ducharme. The team winning and Ducharme having anything to do with it aren’t necessarily both true. The Habs won in spite of DD.
Ok, these guys were outcoached by an empty chair, is it really better?

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Florida really in bad situation. They don't have the picks nor prospects to improve their team. Plus they close to cap.

If Cats had the resources they would have already swung a Chrychun type trade. Their ability to defend hurt them this season.

I think Knight be good goalie. But not there yet. Bobrovsky is on back end of career.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
The way things are going, Florida should seriously consider being a seller at the trade deadline...which would benefit the Habs.

Reactions: themilosh

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I'm no prospect expert but Carlsson is much better now than KK is, let alone during KK's draft year.

It's easy to forget, but KK looked great in his draft year, his weaknesses were there, but he looked like the kind of guy that would fill out and be a 30-30 threat with solid defense

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
It's easy to forget, but KK looked great in his draft year, his weaknesses were there, but he looked like the kind of guy that would fill out and be a 30-30 threat with solid defense
I wouldn’t say he looked great.

He looked like a skilled, lanky kid who had big time struggles with his balance and took too long to release his shot.

He did have a decently accurate and strong shot when he did release, though, and very good passing skill, but coupled with limited vision.

He was all potential, and showed some decent results. Never really improved from there.

The way things are going, Florida should seriously consider being a seller at the trade deadline...which would benefit the Habs.
Why would they sell if they’re not drafting though?

Reactions: Gravity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad