GDT: Florida Tourism Board | Hurricanes @ Panthers | 7:30 PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JustHereForTheFights

Apr 16, 2013
Staal playing like he gives a crap? Guess that theory about the multiverse is true and we have fallen into the universe where he is worth what we pay him.

Oh wait. It's the end of the season. His shipment of caring and effort finally came in. It must have been held up in Thunder Bay by the polar vortex.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Staal playing like he gives a crap? Guess that theory about the multiverse is true and we have fallen into the universe where he is worth what we pay him.

Oh wait. It's the end of the season. His shipment of caring and effort finally came in. It must have been held up in Thunder Bay by the polar vortex.

Nah, my guess is he had it shipped ahead of time to Sochi so it'd be there for him for the Olympics. When he didn't make the Olympic roster it took awhile to get it forwarded from Russia.

Speaking of Russia, I was under the impression from Devils fans that Loktionov spoke little if any English? He was fairly intelligible in that interview, heavy breathing around Chantel aside.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Nah, my guess is he had it shipped ahead of time to Sochi so it'd be there for him for the Olympics. When he didn't make the Olympic roster it took awhile to get it forwarded from Russia.

Speaking of Russia, I was under the impression from Devils fans that Loktionov spoke little if any English? He was fairly intelligible in that interview, heavy breathing around Chantel aside.

Seems to me that he knows what he wants to say, but is nervous that he'll say something he doesn't mean and/or use the wrong words to express himself.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I will never understand how slashing a guys stick out of his hands while he inexplicably has one hand on it is a penalty. If you slash a guy with the same motion and he has two hands on it, it's a good defensive play. One of those little moronic things that will just never compute in my brain.

/end rant

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I was gonna mention I think Lokti has really started hitting his stride with us. He could possibly be that Cullen like third center. Be curious to see how true those khl rumors are.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Going for shutout. 3rd pairing w/ Skinner-Lindholm-Nash.

Good thing Khudobin already re-signed.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
It seems like Loktionov has been more noticeable (in a good way) the past 3 games than Ruutu was all season.

He's pretty good.

I like the Eric-Loktionov-Tlusty line. It's not a line I'd really think of trying, personally, but it's worked out pretty well. A horse of a player (when he plays like he can) in Eric, a playmaking type in Loktionov, and a player with a knack for finding the puck in Tlusty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad