Proposal: Florida-Philly

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Value is relative to team needs - its not black and white. In a vacuum, Barkov is absolutely worth more. But to the Flyers? We don't 'need' Barkov like we need Provorov. Barkov's value to us is diminished by already having a superior center to him on our roster.

Provorov's value to the Flyers organization is because he projects as a bonafide 1D, which we havent had since Pronger. It doesnt matter if you offer us a great package for him. Our biggest need is 1D, and unless we are getting one for him (circular logic) it doesn't make the team better by moving him.
the post I responded to brought up the scenario of "having" to trade Provorov. In that hypothetical situation he wanted barkov. Even in a world where the panthers need a defenseman and the flyers need a Center do the panthers make that trade. Like I said, the love for provorov has spiraled out of control in this thread.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Provorov for Barkov is not an even trade, but if the Flyers were to trade Provorov, it would likely take Barkov in order for them to consider it (at least I would hope that is the case). Not saying that would be a fair trade, but I don't really see the motivation otherwise.

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Doubt either team does this. Huberdau and Provorov are to important to their teams for the deal to happen.

JGalt

Jun 5, 2007
Huntingdon Vlly, PA
Yes this trade would make the flyers better for the next 2-3 seasons, but are they more or less likely to win the cup in the next 6 years if they make this trade? If they don't have a #1 D it's not happening, with or without Huberdeau.

What it comes down to is that the Flyers current rebuild is predicated on 2 of Provorov/Sanheim/Morin becoming legit top paring D in the next 3 seasons. That's what it will take for them to have a cup window before Giroux fades. Trading Provorov essentially means throwing the current rebuild out the window, which is why it would take a player like Barkov coming back to be worth it.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Doubt either team does this. Huberdau and Provorov are to important to their teams for the deal to happen.

As a Florida fan, Trocheck's as important as Huberdeau. Although, I don't think Philly has a gap at forward worthy of trading Provorov for.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
the post I responded to brought up the scenario of "having" to trade Provorov. In that hypothetical situation he wanted barkov. Even in a world where the panthers need a defenseman and the flyers need a Center do the panthers make that trade. Like I said, the love for provorov has spiraled out of control in this thread.

Well, that's mostly because the premise of the thread, or at least the post you responded to, is nonsensical, at best. In what scenario would we 'have' to trade Provorov?

Provorov has been rated the top d prospect not playing in the league, or at worst in the top 3. He is the future cornerstone of our defense, of course were going to love him. He's simply not available.

Can we please stop the bad flyers trade threads now?

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
For the Flyers Provorov's contract is as important as his talent. Getting early contributions out of him while he's cheap somewhat mitigates some of the bad contracts on the team. The Flyers aren't in any position to add that kind of cap hit at the expense of someone who is cost controlled.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Huberdeau + trochek for provorov + Rubstov

Flyers have their 1D in sanheim and adding a young star winger would help greatly. Trochek would be a decent middle 6player And that he was playing over his head in Florida but he can do better in Philly. They give up a lot of the future but still get great young players to help them push for a cup sooner.

Florida does this because Huberdeau is going to demand a lot next summer and adding provorov will solidify their future defense core. Rubstov is a great prospect that will benefit being in a smaller market.

Thoughts?

Without even debating value, it makes no sense for FLA. They are set to contend now. If anything they would want to add a finishing piece to out them over the top.

They're more likely to over spend on guys just making their mark to acquire Giroux or Simmonds or someone like Chara.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'm much more interested in whichever one of Psysk and Petrovic Florida are worried about losing in the ED. We have some decent forward prospects who are waiver exempt.

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
I'm much more interested in whichever one of Psysk and Petrovic Florida are worried about losing in the ED. We have some decent forward prospects who are waiver exempt.

This year will be important in regards to that.

Petrovic has made some solid improvements so far, so if he can work on his defensive game and consistency, I think he has the higher ceiling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad