Post-Series Talk: Florida Panthers defeat the Edmonton Oilers 4-3, and are your 2024 Stanley Cup Champions!

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Any update on Florida injuries? For the physical series that Edmonton had to play throughout they came out pretty unscathed

Only two I know of are Bennett's knee injury (Nurse knee on knee) and Ekblad playing through a high/low ankle sprain after McDavid decided to start doing wrestling moves behind the net.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
You mean he was a huge sucker going out there with a teary eyed look accepting a consolation prize.
Uh, put away the copium.

I personally thought it was a little tacky that McDavid didn't show up for it, but I can see a defense of it. He's gutted and commiserating with his team.

But calling Giguere a sucker for having the guts to go out there on the road is just...truly pathetic.

Like are you a NEET who thinks that everyone with a family and a job are 'suckers' because sometimes they have to do the hard thing instead of the hedonistic thing?

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
1000000107.jpg
Tkachuk family USA 062524.jpg

Last edited:

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Kinda interesting that the most offensive d-man from the Panthers just had a 39 point season. Pretty odd for a Cup winner in the modern NHL.

Pens in their 2017 cup win was 39 year old Streit with 27 points, of which 6 were as a penguin.

Letang didn't play a single playoff game so I excluded him, but even he only had 34 points.

Reactions: Dread Clawz

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Wiki says he was born in Finland. He holds dual citizenship… so you’re kinda correct I guess…
Both of his parents are Russian. His Dad was a professional Soviet/Russian hockey player and was a pretty good forward himself. But Barky is definitely the product of the Finnish hockey system. So, Russian DNA, but Finnish hockey prowess.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Easy to root for Barkov, not so easy for Cousins and Tkachuk. EDM did fantastically, and should be able to build on this year. Hopefully Broberg can use this experience and come back as a useful young Dman. Holloway... he was ok, but also has a lot of room to improve. It's funny how unsung players like Janmark find ways to show up during the playoffs.

The irony hating on Chuck and Cousins when your team employs Kane, Drai, Nurse, and Perry.

Homerism at its finest. I'm sure the Oiler's players "play the right way".

:rolleyes:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad